GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs

JCon

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...has nothing to do with a better more balanced team beating the will to win out of another one....it is weird...and only weird it happens to Winnipeg....that's just weird..

I think the weirdness has something to do with when the teams we beat, play other teams, it’s not weird. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Suitor of all people actually said it pretty well last night.... you pay full retail price for everything you get against the Bombers d. 

It's true. You gotta earn anything the hard way and the Bombers just never stop coming. They got enough depth they rotate guys through and keep everyone fresh.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

And they were correct...recievers now are getting tentative to make the catch..what we see...3 balls dislodged after being drilled by a bomber..and probably 3 drops from anticipation of getting hammerd

And it won't be getting warmer here.

I am sure teams are pumped to play this D, in our stadium, in December.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Probably thinking Harris was just missing passes all on his own. Fact is Harris was rushing every throw because he was terrified of the beating he would take if he held on longer. 

That is the way to beat the Bombers D, quick accurate throws. Problem is there are few qbs can be that accurate throwing quick. Maier was actually really good at it in the game against Calgary, not many others have managed to be.

This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

Hansen may not be with the Bombers for a long while, but he will have some really great memories.

he was just hanging around on the field behind the tv interviews....  arm looked a bit sore, he was just looking around the stadium. suspect he might be good guy tonhave on your side.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Suitor of all people actually said it pretty well last night.... you pay full retail price for everything you get against the Bombers d. 

It's true. You gotta earn anything the hard way and the Bombers just never stop coming. They got enough depth they rotate guys through and keep everyone fresh.

If anyone is to beat Winnipeg, especially come playoffs, they will have to play perfect. You can MAYBE make one mistake. 

I wonder if Alexander finds his way to the NFL. That man loves to hit.

29 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

If anyone is to beat Winnipeg, especially come playoffs, they will have to play perfect. You can MAYBE make one mistake. 

I wonder if Alexander finds his way to the NFL. That man loves to hit.

Yup...he's a Bennie Thompson type hitter

Having Stove back is huge..if u rewatch the game .watch the first play edm ran when they stopped us on 3rd and goal...Elks ran with Wilder...Stove grabbed the center..threw him out of the way and almost caused a safety getting Wilder in the endzone .that dudes a beast

16 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bombers have given up 2 passing TDs and have not given up one since week 3

That's actually insane... 

Man all the stats about this D and it still astounds me. I don't know that I have ever seen anything like what we are seeing this year. It doesn't even matter that the special teams are such a weakness. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's actually insane... 

Man all the stats about this D and it still astounds me. I don't know that I have ever seen anything like what we are seeing this year. It doesn't even matter that the special teams are such a weakness. 

It hasn't hurt that so many of the other CFL teams have offences that are struggling.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It hasn't hurt that so many of the other CFL teams have offences that are struggling.

They only struggle against the Bombers.  

Maybe look at some stats cuz it's not them... it's OUR D 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This gem from Riderfans:

Winnipeg is strange in that other teams often play very poorly against them

This has to be a joke… not possible for someone to be this ignorant… is it?

8 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

It’s possible Maier had success vs the Bombers because they had limited film on him… Similar to Cornelius having some success vs the Winnipeg D in the first meeting

“Success” against this D is scoring 1 TD, 16 points and piling up some meaningless yardage… I’ll take that as a “bad day” for the D…

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Listening to Suitor trying to explain Stove's nickname and yammering on about him being a kitchen appliance made me want to reach in tv and slap him...if u have no clue..STFU

He needs to go. That’s a consensus across every CFL message board, he’s terrible. Combine him with Rod Black and it’s that much worse…

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yup...he's a Bennie Thompson type hitter

Having Stove back is huge..if u rewatch the game .watch the first play edm ran when they stopped us on 3rd and goal...Elks ran with Wilder...Stove grabbed the center..threw him out of the way and almost caused a safety getting Wilder in the endzone .that dudes a beast

I thought we had the safety on that one to be honest.