GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs

JCon

PR kickers around the league right now other than globals. If castillo wont come/get vaxxed, and medlock wont come, no one will trade a good one, and no other experienced nfl cut is available, id grab one of these guys and kick ali to the curb. 

https://www.goelks.com/players/dante-brown/165766/

https://ticats.ca/players/164519

https://www.stampeders.com/players/keiran-burnham/165786/

https://www.riderville.com/players/henry-nell/166186/

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/players/matt-mengel/166057/

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sunderland must be on the firing line here soon.

Yup and it sound like it’s more than his player management that’s the issue.

53 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Definitely. 

But although I said it was for no particular reason, I said it for a particular reason.

Hooooo boy. :)

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Some weird coaching from the Elks head coach tonight. One being knowing we have no place kicking to be found, take a chance and kick it out of the end zone and not give up safeties plus your D is playing fairly well. I get it but anything outside the 30 may only give up a point.

Yes the Bombers had excellent field position all night… not going to win many games the way they played tonight.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

bad spot by the refs you can see his helmet and shoulder pads clear the line 

First thing I did when I got home was re-watch the goal line stand on the Bombers' first drive.  McGuire was 100% in... you could see on the replay with the overhead shot, even after he got pushed back a bit, the white stripe on the ball had clearly broken the plane of the goal line.

Just got back,its crazy that we can win very ugly but clobber the other team by almost 30. Clean up a few mistakes and we put up 50 but to get to 50 we need a damn kicker. I don't even know who we can go after,maybe Lapo will send us Ward before ottawa cans him or maybe offer Medlock something. Were literally only a kicker away from being one of the most dominant Bomber teams in our history,make it happen,Walters.

24 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Yes the Bombers had excellent field position all night… not going to win many games the way they played tonight.

Final score was a victory by 27 points. Entirely possible you won’t win many games when ending the game by 27 up. 

Milt says the Elks might be the worst team at this point, in the CFL. My group votes the Elks might have the worst helmets at this point, in the CFL. 

I know for a fact it’s bugger trying to keep your head turning while wearing antlers. 

Edited by Rod Black

If I remember correctly, the last game that Legs did the place kicking, he missed a bit in the 1st half and then corrected in the 2nd half.  I actually thought they should have given him one more game to see if he had actually figured it out, but they went with Mourtada instead.

I think they should just give the job to Legs and I think he can handle it.

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Reading this had me thinking of these guys:

GettyImages-141247077.jpg

Michael O'Shea vs a Hurricane - who would win??  "O'Shea, yeah O'Shea".  But....the name of the Hurricane is "Hurricane Michael O'Shea".....ok hmmm...."O'Shea".

Going with only 11 players on offense is start, but in order to keep the Elks within 100 points of the Bombers, perhaps Mr. Collaros should play the entire game in a lazy boy recliner....da Bombers!

So there's a group chat that has me, 17to85, a couple of old OB.com posters Coorsman and wessmitty, and another pal of ours...... And it's basically this post... Endlessly. 

2 hours ago, Sard said:

First thing I did when I got home was re-watch the goal line stand on the Bombers' first drive.  McGuire was 100% in... you could see on the replay with the overhead shot, even after he got pushed back a bit, the white stripe on the ball had clearly broken the plane of the goal line.

he was totally in. got jobbed on that one. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Milt says the Elks might be the worst team at this point, in the CFL.

when you get beat twice by the redblacks you are the worst team.

I've been watching cfl ball for 38 years now and this is the worst Edmonton team in my memory.  I've never seen a completely disinterested Elkimo team before.  Heads should roll there in the offseason.

Edited by johnzo