GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs

JCon

Going to the game? Here for all the info: https://www.bluebombers.com/game-day-guide-october-8-2021?tf_u[mailId]=0034T000008AOitQAG&tf_u[team]=WPG

Highlights:

90sNightLogo.png

Skip-Feature.png

Dine on Elk in the stands while the Bombers dine on Elk on the field! (I wrote that myself. I should've gone into marketing)

50/50 STARTING POT IS $100,000

GAME DAY SPECIALS
$5.00 355ml cans of Coors Original, Coors Light Beer – Available until Kickoff
$3.00 Hot Dogs – Available all game

----------------------------------------

3 STORYLINES | EDM VS WPG
https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/10/07/3-storylines-edm-vs-wpg/

1. ZACH AND THE ATTACK

Zach-Collaros-8--1600x1067.jpg

2. STEP ON UP, MR. McKNIGHT

Kelvin-Mcknight-87-1060-1600x1067.jpg

3. THE (TREVOR) HARRIS EFFECT

DSC01466-1600x1067.jpg

Edited by JCon

Stoked for this! Got some family from the St FX/Headingly area visiting this weekend, so I'm headed to Okotoks after work to pre-game with them and root root root for the home team! I've got my 1990-ish Walby jersey ready for tonight. Let's go BLUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!

Just now, Nolby said:

4 Elks players literally tried picking up my girlfriend when she came out of her office downtown yesterday. Maybe this will be an entire distraction and theyll be off their game now today....GO BLUE!!!!!

A herd of Elk, wandering the streets.

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

4 Elks players literally tried picking up my girlfriend when she came out of her office downtown yesterday. Maybe this will be an entire distraction and theyll be off their game now today....GO BLUE!!!!!

Lmao 4 of them… doesn’t sound like a great ratio, but I guess some dudes don’t mind that. 

Edited by Blueandgold

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Literally? So like, they needed 4 guys to lift your girlfriend and couldn't? 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Literally? So like, they needed 4 guys to lift your girlfriend and couldn't? 

I guess I meant one thing,other brain cells thought another thing lol,I can understand the confusion though,she's not a heavy girl haha

Edited by Nolby

Couldn't help but laugh at some of the prediction comments;

HODGE: When do tickets for the West Final go on sale? BOMBERS

ABBOTT: Winnipeg is the best team in the league and Edmonton is a flaming manure truck careening towards a canyon. BOMBERS

BALLANTINE: You know it’s a bad week in Edmonton when getting blown out by Winnipeg is the third worst L of the week. BOMBERS

GASSON: Edmonton is bad. Real bad. Winnipeg is the opposite. BOMBERS 

LUDWIG: I badly wanted to do it, but ultimately the only way you pick Edmonton is if you’re angling for a job with 630 CHED. BOMBER

MCGUIRE: Losing Kenny Lawler hurts, but not enough to fall short at home to this dumpster fire. BOMBERS

SMITH: It has been a bad week in Edmonton and it’s going to get worse when they get molly-whopped by Winnipeg. BOMBER

2 hours ago, JCon said:

A herd of Elk, wandering the streets.

Is it rutting season already?

Just rewatched the Lions game last night.

I think instead of putting McKnight in for Lawler, they should just dress one less player on offense, just to make the game fair for the Elks.

Should probably spot them 10 points too.

Edited by Wideleft

I'm expecting big things from Adams and Demski today.  Rewatching the game, you could see how active Adams is even when the ball isn't getting thrown his way.

As much as I hate to quote Suitor, he pointed out that the Bombers weren't really going to Lawler that much in the previous 3 games, so I don't think we will feel that much pain from his loss.

Our D is just so damn good right now.

giphy.gif

In previous game vs Esks... 

- Harris has 3yards short of 100yards. I expect him to have big yardage again. 
- Swiss-army knife Demski rumbled 21yards for a TD. Should be used in the running game again.  
- Bailey (72yards) and Adams (53yards 1TD have a big games. With Lawler off, expect those 2 to be relied on again in the passing game. 

- Collaros fumbled the ball near our end-zone and Elks scored. He should make it clean this game and protect the ball. 
- Mourtada missed 3 FGs. He made 3 FG last week (in a dome). Need to make his FGs tonite but hopefully all he need to make are PATs. 

Bunch of losers over RF whining that the Indigenous logo on our helmets is lame,one guy had no clue whatsoever what it was for. Took 2 seconds to figure out and I'd say it's a classy touch to do so for what's gone on with residential schooling and such. That province needs to show a bit of class

Edited by Nolby

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Bunch of losers over RF whining that the Indigenous logo on our helmets is lame,one guy had no clue whatsoever what it was for. Took 2 seconds to figure out and I'd say it's a classy touch to do so for what's gone on with residential schooling and such. That province needs to show a bit of class

Losers is right.  I think the logo looks great.

45 minutes ago, itchy said:

Couldn't help but laugh at some of the prediction comments;

HODGE: When do tickets for the West Final go on sale? BOMBERS

ABBOTT: Winnipeg is the best team in the league and Edmonton is a flaming manure truck careening towards a canyon. BOMBERS

BALLANTINE: You know it’s a bad week in Edmonton when getting blown out by Winnipeg is the third worst L of the week. BOMBERS

GASSON: Edmonton is bad. Real bad. Winnipeg is the opposite. BOMBERS 

LUDWIG: I badly wanted to do it, but ultimately the only way you pick Edmonton is if you’re angling for a job with 630 CHED. BOMBER

MCGUIRE: Losing Kenny Lawler hurts, but not enough to fall short at home to this dumpster fire. BOMBERS

SMITH: It has been a bad week in Edmonton and it’s going to get worse when they get molly-whopped by Winnipeg. BOMBER

Ludwigs comment is GOLD.

Just now, BomberBall said:

Losers is right.  I think the logo looks great.

Hell yeah. I hope we rock this logo once a year, its freaking sweet!

12 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Standard for that place.

I could not imagine living in that province for so many reasons. The worst.

Edited by Geebrr

"If that is a tribute to indigenous peoples. It’s a fail.
I’m sure some people appreciate it. I’m sure they could have covered the logo in x’s or o’s and claim it honours indigenous peoples as well and some would appreciate it."

Welcome to Saskatchewan.

For context :

"As a part of this commitment, the club is honoured to unveil a new, star-blanket themed logo designed by local Anishinaabe artist and star blanket designer Dené Sinclair. Matching precisely the team’s colours, the logo will be used during the October 8th game against the Edmonton Elks alongside an honouring ceremony for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Orange Shirt Day"

"In First Nations and Métis traditions, being gifted with a star blanket is a high honour. Sewn or stitched in the middle with the image of a morning star – the brightest light in a dawn sky – a star blanket is given to leaders in a community and wrapped around their shoulders in ceremony. To design and create a star blanket, Indigenous creators have to find a delicate balance between mathematics and art, focusing on precision and creativity while ensuring nothing is out of sync."

Wear it with pride, I think it looks awesome.