2021: Preseason Game 5 - Flames

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ugh, I hate Tuesday and Wednesday home games for completely selfish reasons. Parking is a pain in the sask and I have to be downtown two blocks from the *checks notes* Canada Life Centre.

IT'LL ALWAYS BE THE PHONE BOOTH TO ME, DAMNIT! 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Ugh, I hate Tuesday and Wednesday home games for completely selfish reasons. Parking is a pain in the sask and I have to be downtown two blocks from the *checks notes* Canada Life Centre.

Now that is the Freudian slip of all time!

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

yeah you can't really give a place like Canada Life center a nickname, man we have two sports venues with Insurance names, or something to do with Money

I mean at least we nickname Shaw Park the Fish bowl

“The Can”

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

PoMo career leader in coaching losses.

Yep, and Trotz, Ruff, Arbour, Bowman, and Quenneville are the next 5. Good coaches are around long enough and have enough overall success to pile up the wins AND the losses. It’s more of a longevity award than a mark of ineptitude and failure. 

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

“Finding new ways to be bad at his job”

He has a tough act to follow in Hnidy and especially Ferraro, so he isn’t likely to get a truly objective assessment as he grows into the job (this is his first job as an analyst I believe), but I find his worst flaw is making long points during the live play. More than one goal call from Beyak has been late because Sawyer takes a 2 second interjection and makes it a 15 second commentary. Needs to save that for after a whistle and let Dennis call the game. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

52 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Now that is the Freudian slip of all time!

“The Can”

Yep, and Trotz, Ruff, Arbour, Bowman, and Quenneville are the next 5. Good coaches are around long enough and have enough overall success to pile up the wins AND the losses. It’s more of a longevity award than a mark of ineptitude and failure

Where does he sit for winning percentage?

19 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Where does he sit for winning percentage?

Amongst the 59 coaches with 579 career games or more (which is the number of games Maurice has coached the Jets), his overall percentage of .522 in his entire career ranks him 43rd all time. His winning percentage with Winnipeg is .578, which is 14th best for all coaches with 579 or more games.