Greatest hands of all time?????

Nolby

Was at work and had some time to think about this one(mailman thoughts),who had the best hands of all time? I know it could be subjective but there's lots of video proof out there. I'm not quite as old as some here but guys like Stegall,Edwards,Cahoon,Stala, Fantuz...I'm probably missing a bunch but post away!

Stegall. Jake Wieneke has the sickest grabs in the league today. But even his great leaping efforts are stuff you expected Milt to make. The end zone hit in mid air and snags the ball while falling to the ground vs the riders is in the top 2 craziest catches ive ever seen. Against toronto, he tipped a deep ball with his left hand then secured it with the same hand while extended, but maintained stride and scored a td burning 3 argos defenders.  Every year for atleast 12 or 13 years you could argue milt had the best catch of the year. And half the years, you couldnt even argue against it. 

On top of the circus act, he had the fewest drops of any wr ive ever seen. Pass thrown well behind him? No problem he will just reach back and catch it with his off hand with out breaking stride. Shoe laces? no matter he got it. Hung out to dry way up in the air, he will get it take a hellacious hit and keep possession. The joe jurevicious tip catch and randy moss one hand stab with the raiders got nothing on milt. 

Also, milt played in an era when you could mug receivers. The only era harder to be a WR was before the 5 yard bump rule. He played with the weakest assortment of qbs of any hof wr in any league. 

Of course Milt but Eugene Goodlow and James Murphy had some pretty sweet hands just to give a shout out there.

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Anyone who made their living (and a great one), catching tough passes between the hash marks, has got great hands. 

Not only great hands but balls of steel was also a requirement.

51 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Eugene was outstanding.  I was glad he made nfl, but sorry for myself as a bomber fan.

darren flutie?

Allen Pitts?

First to break 100 receptions in a season, and from "Ralph call me Dieter", to boot. Had to have hands to do that.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

First to break 100 receptions in a season, and from "Ralph call me Dieter", to boot. Had to have hands to do that.

I went to the games that season. He just never dropped a pass. I think cause he was only in the league for a short time, people may not realize how good he was.

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

No love for Kamau Peterson or Kito Poblah?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524673aade499e1c2cf9

I was thinking after this thread we need a worst hands thread.

37 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Ended Tee Martin's career.

I will never forgive incompleterson for dropping everything khari threw to him and then catching everything when they put Glenn in.