Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Calgary looked like the Calgary of old last night because BLM looked like the QB he once was.

Calgary's definitively on the up swing. Gotta agree with others that they are the #2 team in the West and that they should host the semi. (Now that I've said it, watch the Riders go on a streak.)

I said they were the biggest threat weeks ago and you immediately hit the disagree button. 

Atoadaso. A ****** atoadaso.

Lapolice is a supposed offensive guru.

As a head coach, in parts of 4 seasons, he's presided over the worst or 2nd worst offense in every season in terms of PF and yards per game.  The 2011 team was slightly over .500 and made the Grey Cup.  Other than that his teams are winning less than 30%.

He's a terrible head coach.  We can debate his work as an OC, but there's no disputing he's a historically awful head coach.  He's in the conversation with the Tim Burke's, PaoPao's, Reinebold's etc.  Him and Jim Daley might be the only coaches this bad to get more than one job.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Stamps have the management, coaching and QB.   Riders a bit less...

Management won't do any thing once you start the play offs. 

Coaching yeah they have good coaching. 

Qbing? Nah. Dominated the regular season through his career. But was on the wrong side of the biggest play off upsets. And now he's heavily diminished. He's a fraction of his former self. 

Carey is a good back. The wr core sucks. The ol is middle of the pack. The defense is good but not great. Montreal and Toronto are far more dangerous. No other west team is a big threat. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Management won't do any thing once you start the play offs. 

Coaching yeah they have good coaching. 

Qbing? Nah. Dominated the regular season through his career. But was on the wrong side of the biggest play off upsets. And now he's heavily diminished. He's a fraction of his former self. 

Carey is a good back. The wr core sucks. The ol is middle of the pack. The defense is good but not great. Montreal and Toronto are far more dangerous. No other west team is a big threat. 

Rose is vicious and undisciplined. I can see him injuring a QB.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Stamps have the management, coaching and QB.   Riders a bit less...

Farjardo looks like he's a decent mediocre qb,he'd need more than a good oline to get his team there. He's 8/8 in TD/INTs, his oline doesn't catch interceptions.

11 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Calgary looked like the Calgary of old last night because BLM looked like the QB he once was.

Calgary's definitively on the up swing. Gotta agree with others that they are the #2 team in the West and that they should host the semi. (Now that I've said it, watch the Riders go on a streak.)

BLM, looked good because he was going up against a **** defense. I reserve judgement until I see him do as well against a better defense. 

21 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, scoring 39 points and putting up 1 TD on offence is pretty special.

Yeah, the Stampeders' offense was mostly meh. No stat line from any offensive player jumped off the page.

Their defense and ST are solid but that's not saying much, particularly with the former because the Lions look pretty craptacular without Whitehead.

I'd say the Stampeders have turned a page and will likely take second place in the division. That being said, they don't look all that formidable.

Remaining games... 

WPG - BC    ----  MTL   @MTL  @CGY  
SSK - @CGY  @MTL  @EDM  EDM   @HAM 
CGY - SSK   @OTT  ----  @BC   WPG 
BC  - @WPG  @TOR  @HAM  CGY   EDM 

I think we have the easiest remaining schedule
BC has the heaviest. 
Cgy has the most division games remaining
Ssk has the most road games remaining (4)

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Remaining games... 

WPG - BC    ----  MTL   @MTL  @CGY  
SSK - @CGY  @MTL  @EDM  EDM   @HAM 
CGY - SSK   @OTT  ----  @BC   WPG 
BC  - @WPG  @TOR  @HAM  CGY   EDM 

I think we have the easiest remaining schedule
BC has the heaviest. 
Cgy has the most division games remaining
Ssk has the most road games remaining (4)

Calgary has a great schedule for their hosting hopes.

If they beat Sask this week they get a freebie on us at the end of the year. 

Calgary is going to get second 

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Every time it looks like a team solidifies it self as the no2 team in the west, they collapse. Out side of the bombers finishing first, I wouldnt bet on any thing. 

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

i agree...Cgy will get 2nd...i see SASK maybe winning the 2 EDM games...doubt they beat HAM at end of year as they will be playing probably to try and secure a home playoff game..CGY will beat them again...and MTL is a toss up, but I think MTL will win the game in the trenches,