Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

The right side of the Rider OL got caved in.....for about 60 minutes.   Blocking and tackling still count.

I kept track, Evan Johnson gave up 6 pressures. Clark gave up 3, Ferland gave up 1. Evan Johnson got caved by Mike Rose.

But what frustrates me more is Jason Shivers’ insistence on running zone D. It’s terrible. It’s soft. It’s so easy to get 7+ yard through the air on Shivers’ zone D.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

As much as I am a Rider fan, I would hate my own fan base if I wasn’t a part of it, and I still hate it. I’m a CFL fan, and a football fan… no luck. Pure talent. 

Unfortunately every fan base (including my own - Blue and Gold) has its share of jerks. It is no different than any other demographic.. There will always be bad ones, not much you can do about it.

I cheer for my team, but even in opposing stadiums I do so respectfully. There are more important things in life than football (or any sport, for that matter).

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn’t write off BLM just yet… I remember a veteran QB who looked done at the beginning of 2019… a change of scenery made all the difference…. Could see him in Toronto or Ottawa next year…

ZC’s career would be over if he remained in Sask with this OLine… I’m happy for him.

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn’t write off BLM just yet… I remember a veteran QB who looked done at the beginning of 2019… a change of scenery made all the difference…. Could see him in Toronto or Ottawa next year…

I think the difference is that Mitchell is dealing with more mechanical injuries that are hampering his play. Collaros in Saskatchewan was two things: head injuries and a gameplan not suited to his style. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think the difference is that Mitchell is dealing with more mechanical injuries that are hampering his play. Collaros in Saskatchewan was two things: head injuries and a gameplan not suited to his style. 

Collaros was rolling prior to Odell Willis’ cheap shot in 2018. I think we play for the cup should he stay healthy… Starting Brandon Bridge in a playoff game was hooooooo

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The big thing there he had no comfort level or confidence in his online and coaching...was tense...panicked and uncomfortable

Here..he has total confidence and comfort and is playing with freestyle ease now...no worries or concerns...he is just letting it Rip now...and he's happy....he didn't play like that there and now looks like 2014 to 2016 Zack...that's what's going on here

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

The big thing there he had no comfort level or confidence in his online and coaching...was tense...panicked and uncomfortable

Here..he has total confidence and comfort and is playing with freestyle ease now...no worries or concerns...he is just letting it Rip now...and he's happy....he didn't play like that there and now looks like 2014 to 2016 Zack...that's what's going on here

I feel a few players have been able to "relax" and be themselves under O'Shea. We seem to be getting the most out of these players that we hadn't seen(Jefferson in Sask vs Jefferson in Winnipeg) Demski, Collaros. This coaching staff is doing everything right and squeezing every ounce of potent out of these guys.

Tuned in the rider/stumps game and 2 things stood out...No 1 ..Cal. showed how important it is to have a reliable field goal kicker....Paredes is money and with the penalty in the last seconds moving the stamps back , Paredes just took it in stride and put the game away.....No. 2....Faj is not a very good qb......Collaros makes him look like a poor no 2...He cannot throw the ball long with any consistency....Blaming his receivers like he did, looks to me like he's shifting the blame...He can only do that so many times before the fanbase gets wise....I know it takes them awhile to catch on over there but it's becoming pretty apparent Faj is a no2 qb. pretending to be a no 1.....He was definitely out gunned by BO and that initself should be a red flag

Edited by Stickem

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think Calgary is a better team with Maier.   He concerns me.   

Agree. The only reason he's playing over Maier is his long term relationship with Dickenson. If he wasn't there & the Stamps had brought in a different head coach from somewhere else he would have benched him.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Even my 84 year old uncle caught this clip while in the middle of eating his pumpkin pie. Something that could happen to anyone but our whole house chuckled.

We saw it too.