thank you Morningbigblue!

johnzo

Hey MBB, just wanted to share some news and some thanks.  Earlier this year I was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I had surgery in May and started chemo in July and it sucked like chemo does ... was quarantined at home, couldn't do much of my regular life fun stuff .. I was bored out of my mind, and I have not been bored in years.  

Then the CFL season started and I discovered that lying on the couch and yelling at mapleball and hanging out in the forums with the good folks here was something I could manage (chemo comas permitting). So the CFL and MBB was a big big deal to me this year, it really helped me get thru by giving me twelve hours of low effort fun to look forward to every week.  This is a thank you to everyone here for that, especially the mods who built and run this place.

Had my last chemo yesterday, I'm in complete remission, and my prognosis is good. Back to life, back to reality. Thanks again and **** the cancer that stole 2021 from me.

ps. it's impossible to say why I got cancer, I'm a nonsmoker ... but the single biggest cancer risk factor in my background  was that I grew up with chainsmoking parents in the age of indoor smoking. That damage increases your cancer risk forever.  Don't smoke in the car with the kids, friends.

5 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Hey MBB, just wanted to share some news and some thanks.  Earlier this year I was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I had surgery in May and started chemo in July and it sucked like chemo does ... was quarantined at home, couldn't do much of my regular life fun stuff .. I was bored out of my mind, and I have not been bored in years.  

Then the CFL season started and I discovered that lying on the couch and yelling at mapleball and hanging out in the forums with the good folks here was something I could manage (chemo comas permitting). So the CFL and MBB was a big big deal to me this year, it really helped me get thru by giving me twelve hours of low effort fun to look forward to every week.  This is a thank you to everyone here for that, especially the mods who built and run this place.

Had my last chemo yesterday, I'm in complete remission, and my prognosis is good. Back to life, back to reality. Thanks again and **** the cancer that stole 2021 from me.

ps. it's impossible to say why I got cancer, I'm a nonsmoker ... but the single biggest cancer risk factor in my background  was that I grew up with chainsmoking parents in the age of indoor smoking. That damage increases your cancer risk forever.  Don't smoke in the car with the kids, friends.

I'm one of your biggest fans on this forum.

Know that you have a community of Bomber fans right with you.   

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Welcome back and good to hear that you are on the mend. We are not many but all here are pulling for you. Be well and at peace.

I don't know if it made news here but there was a big story in the Freep about Lori Pierce (Buck Pierce's wife) and her cancer battles .. she's had a way rougher ride than me, with breast cancer and then leukemia and a bone marrow transplant in the middle of the 2020 pandemic that required her immune system to be completely flattened.  I can't imagine what she's been through.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bucks-team-survives-brutal-life-blitz-574849812.html