Preseason Game 2

iHeart

Harkins Perfetti Svech Gus real good last night.  

The rest? Big Stan and Big Kovy were solid. Ville looked better 

Didn't like CSW in the D zone.. seems like just a lack of effort.. and mistakes that would get a young guy sent to the Moose were happening with them on ice. 

Essy was also shockingly good. Think Gus is just another level defensively and just was a defensively responsible beast 

When I saw the lines before the game, I was excited to see Harkins, Perfetti and Svechnikov on a line together.  They certainly didn’t disappoint.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Harkins Perfetti Svech Gus real good last night.  

The rest? Big Stan and Big Kovy were solid. Ville looked better 

Didn't like CSW in the D zone.. seems like just a lack of effort.. and mistakes that would get a young guy sent to the Moose were happening with them on ice. 

Essy was also shockingly good. Think Gus is just another level defensively and just was a defensively responsible beast 

Really hope Gustafsson gets into the starting lineup and Maurice doesn’t go with Nash.  These young guys deserve to play.

Svech is interesting cuz they say if KConnor  wasn't there at 17.. they'd have taken him instead.  

Skills galore and talent for days... injuries were his main problem but when healthy.... he was good. And is good. And u can see his elite talent and skills on display both these games. 

Harkins Gus Svech right now.. all make the team and should make the team right now. 

I'm starting to wonder... could we maybe move a forward and D man like Demelo still.. cuz right now I'm having a hard time sending Perfetti to the Moose. And I ain't sending Harkins Gus and Svech down either 

Cap issues could be fixed easily with a trade of demelo and maybe a forward (ves type) for a pick or prospect RD  

Kovy Logan be a solid 3 D pair 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Svech is interesting cuz they say if KConnor  wasn't there at 17.. they'd have taken him instead.  

Skills galore and talent for days... injuries were his main problem but when healthy.... he was good. And is good. And u can see his elite talent and skills on display both these games. 

Harkins Gus Svech right now.. all make the team and should make the team right now. 

I'm starting to wonder... could we maybe move a forward and D man like Demelo still.. cuz right now I'm having a hard time sending Perfetti to the Moose. And I ain't sending Harkins Gus and Svech down either 

Cap issues could be fixed easily with a trade of demelo and maybe a forward (ves type) for a pick or prospect RD  

Kovy Logan be a solid 3 D pair 

I agree with wanting to see the young guys stick.  Moving DeMelo is an interesting thought, but I doubt Maurice would ever play Stanley and Kovacevic together.  Just not how he rolls.  And unfortunately, I also don’t think he’d have any trouble sending down any of those players, like you and I would.

Edited by BomberBall

Between Gus and Nash comes down to faceoffs and PK and that Maurice loves his vets...so right now favors Nash. Svet has Dubois in his corner so that may help, they were unstoppable in Junior together. Kov will be a call up if needed, no sense him sitting as a seventh d...have been impressed with his game though and a big guy to boot.

Edited by bb1

Kovs isn't making the team if the team is healthy. He might be the call up if a RHD gets hurt though.

Perfetti will play with the Moose after getting in some NHL games. 

Nash will make the team. He's suppposed to have really good D numbers and a good PKer. 

The question mark comes after the top 9 (including Nash)...KV, Svech, Gus and Hark vying for 3 spots. I see Toninato as the 13th forward if they carry one, which I am not sure they do. I think the odd man out is Hark and Gus Nash Svech is the 4th line unless KV shits the bed on the 3rd and Maurice likely moves Nash up into that spot. I'd try Gus on the 3rd.

The next few games will determine their immediate future.

Moving DeMelo??? I'd bet against it. Chevy didn't build this D to trade one away. Our depth on D is the left side, not the right.

Edited by Jimmy from Lockport