Week 9 GDT - second place is the first loser games.

TrueBlue4ever

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/27/redblacks-move-matt-nichols-dominique-davis-to-six-game-injured-list/

And Trevor Harris is not on the Elk roster despite being pulled off the six game IR. If we thought last week’s RedBlack-Ticat game was unwatchable………yeesh! 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Well Caleb Evans common down! I guess he couldnt possibly be any worse than the craptastic duo of Nichols/Davis??

I was JUST going to say that it can't possibly be any worse at QB for the RBs, so if I was a part of their fan base (thank Christ I'm not...) I would actually be excited about this. We already know their two veterans can't get it done....at least with the Devil You Don't, there's a chance....?? 

8 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't have Twitter or anything like that so I'm not quite up to snuff like some with sports. 3downnation made an article about the idea of trading for Ward out of Ottawa,anyone know if there is actually traction to this or is it just an idea at most?

Seems like just an idea. I don't know what Hodge is thinking we give up for a pending FA kicker but it should be 3rd round pick and up/or neg list  at most.

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Personally will be watching the Jays hopefully beat up on the Yankees. 

What a weird time for a game.

Im hoping the jays get back into the wildcard spot too. Though bluejay play off baseball is bad for the CFL tv ratings. But with the NBA about to begin its pre season and NHL the same, its gonna get rough any way soon. 

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Seems like just an idea. I don't know what Hodge is thinking we give up for a pending FA kicker but it should be 3rd round pick and up/or neg list  at most.

Yep. Trying to make a story. Ward is 29 and might age out of the NFL window. His first year was insane and he was still here in 19 and now. It may not make sense for the RBs to sell off a vet that will be around for a while, especially when they dont have a young/cheap replacement. I dont see them getting an impact guy this year. 

14 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Not fair that we didn't get Ottawa thi year. Ah well just need to keep kicking the West's butt.

Yeah. Defending champs seldom get free spots on the bingo card though. Id rather our guys stay angry then have a soft game. The positioning of the byes looks like it will work out to be very advantageous for us this year atleast. 

Kinda dejavu for Lapo again.

In 2010, he got oft-injured Pierce and more athletic but error-prone Jyles as his QB-combo. Comes week 18 his starting Elliot and backed up by Brink. He got a healthier Pierce in 2011 and they made it to the Grey Cup. Pierce was injured early 2012 and Lapo went back to Brink/Elliot until he was made a scapegoat by Sleepy Joe.

He started this year with a broken Nichols and Davis (Jyles 2.0?) and now have to go with 2 rookies. Poor Lapo. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Kinda dejavu for Lapo again.

In 2010, he got oft-injured Pierce and more athletic but error-prone Jyles as his QB-combo. Comes week 18 his starting Elliot and backed up by Brink. He got a healthier Pierce in 2011 and they made it to the Grey Cup. Pierce was injured early 2011 and Lapo went back to Brink/Elliot until he was made a scapegoat by Sleepy Joe.

He started this year with a broken Nichols and Davis (Jyles 2.0?) and now have to go with 2 rookies. Poor Lapo. 

I think you are drastically under estimating the control a coach has on his roster. A head coach doesnt just go "oh well shucks the gm got these guys its all I get." They have a considerable control and input over who the team goes after and most spend the off season working directly with the scouts and GM in making the decisions. 

Baseball is really the only situation where poor coach situation happens. Have no doubt at all that plop wanted nichols and chose him. Desjardins didnt just go "hey that little used RB tim flanders you had a few years ago, yeah Im gonna bring him in and very little competition, he's gonna be your starter."  

Just now, JCon said:

For you sadists out there wanting to watch this...

FATb7xbUcAE8Vnp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Injury report: https://www.goelks.com/injury-report/

FAYo0WwXsAwgGYF?format=jpg&name=medium

Injury report: https://mailchi.mp/oseg/redblacks-injury-report-sept-26-4817010

Soo if Harris is off the IR, but not on the active roster, is he on the PR?! TF is going on in Edmonton?

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Soo if Harris is off the IR, but not on the active roster, is he on the PR?! TF is going on in Edmonton?

Per the CFL transactions, he's on the active roster as of the 25th. So, who knows? Not the first time the Elks have been dodgy this year.