Early talk- Champs @ Lions

Nolby

4 hours ago, Bombers9256 said:

what do folks make of BC's o-line this year? they're middle of the pack for sacks given up... about 2 per game on avg. no run game. Do they stand a chance against the Jeffs etc? 

not easy to pass block, when everybody knows that a high oercentage of b.c. plays will be pass.

No info-graphic yet: https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/27/bombers-lions-injury-reports-monday-sept-27/

Injury report. 

Player Name Position Injury MON TUE WED Game Status
Andrew Harris RB Calf DNP      
Mike Miller FB Hip DNP      
Rasheed Bailey WR Knee Limited      
Geoff Gray OL NIR Full      
Kyrie Wilson LB Hip Flexor Limited      
Kevin Brown LB Shoulder DNP      
Willie Jefferson DL Ankle Limited      
Steven Richardson DL Foot Limited      
Jackson Jeffcoat DL Hip Limited      
Noah Hallett DB Knee DNP      
Brandon Alexander DB Foot DNP

Just now, Booch said:

he was running around at practice and said he good to go..thats all the report I need

Yeah the reports have kind of been a nothing burger any way tbh.  The league doesnt seem to be taking them or the depth charts seriously. 

Im guessing if all 3 come back that stove would come in for walker and start instead of sayles. Nelson goes out for grant. And kyrie I would think comes in for brown. Itd be really nice to have kyrie and rocq on the roster at the same time. Id also love to see the briggs/gauthier rotation on defense become a seldom used set.

Just now, Noeller said:

Curious about Harris taking an extra day after a bye week...hopefully nothing serious. 

I feel like they have had him practice as sparingly as possible since hes come back. He doesnt need the reps.I hope thats all it is. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah the reports have kind of been a nothing burger any way tbh.  The league doesnt seem to be taking them or the depth charts seriously. 

Im guessing if all 3 come back that stove would come in for walker and start instead of sayles. Nelson goes out for grant. And kyrie I would think comes in for brown. Itd be really nice to have kyrie and rocq on the roster at the same time. Id also love to see the briggs/gauthier rotation on defense become a seldom used set.

I feel like they have had him practice as sparingly as possible since hes come back. He doesnt need the reps.I hope thats all it is. 

yup...adequate when we needed it...but with both the others back, and Stove....not needed in the least

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/09/27/quick-hits-week-9-day-1/

Some interesting stuff in Our Man Tait's latest piece (as always, worth your click!), including this nugget:  "...Charles Nelson is a good returner… as I just said, it doesn’t matter which returner is back there. If we don’t give them a cleaner picture to look at I don’t know what changing the returner would do yet.”

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some interesting stuff in Our Man Tait's latest piece (as always, worth your click!), including this nugget:  "...Charles Nelson is a good returner… as I just said, it doesn’t matter which returner is back there. If we don’t give them a cleaner picture to look at I don’t know what changing the returner would do yet.”

Just MOS style he will never throw a player under the bus. But Nelson just does not have the burst that scares teams.. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I have eyes though.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With Stove and Grant possibly being activated this week and maybe Wilson also, the Bombers need to either hide people on the IR or make some cuts.
Our PR is full with 18 people (13 PR and 5 CFL PR).

Hmm Id really like to get a look at Agudosi, so he probably gets cut, same with demerio houston. 

I would say that one of the 2 imp OL on the PR would be a likely candidate to get cut. I dont see greg ducre on the roster, idk if he was cut or what. But we have 4 other imp dbs. Antigha could be on his way out. Vet salary is more than rookie salary and he hasnt been a contributor. Devonte williams the rb with some return experience would be a prime candidate. Maybe Naaman too. Again hes a vet who doesnt seem to have a path to the active roster. 

Idk if our PR still expands for NFL cuts this year or not. If not, the usual advanced look guys for the next year might prompt more than a couple guys to be cut. Or come down "injured". Can you go from PR to 6 game IR? I assume so. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No comments about the assumption that the riders will be in the West final?

nope...It's because anyone with any sense that knows anything realizes they will be the 3rd place team this year, and the 3rd place team this year wont do what a 3rd place team did in 2019

1 minute ago, Booch said:

nope...It's because anyone with any sense that knows anything realizes they will be the 3rd place team this year, and the 3rd place team this year wont do what a 3rd place team did in 2019

I dunno, having 2 wins in the bank against BC I don't see how anyone passes them at this point. Unless they totally **** their pants against the stamps...