Early talk- Champs @ Lions

Nolby

Burn-em and Whitehead can kill our DB's if we give Reilly time to get it to them. To do that, IMO, they'll have to establish the run, and I haven't seen them do that this year.

BC lives and dies on the big play. Bombs and speed on offence. Picks and pass break-ups on defence. It will come down to how many 50-50 balls they complete on offence and how many picks they get on defence. I like out chances.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They've had 2 games against Ottawa right? That'll boost anyone's defensive numbers.

I have no clue why we couldn't play ottawa at least once this year,all these back to backs,3/4 games against the same team in a 9 team league and we can't play them? I wanted Buck to show Lapo that quarterbacks can throw further than 5 yards.

Edited by Nolby

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Reilly isn't a mobile QB? 

News to me.

Maybe doesn't run as good as he used to but is still mobile. 

Reilly can run, but prefers not to. He's a deadly pocket passer.... Maybe the best in the league. He's really the opposite of Jesus Sprinkles. Gotta put plenty of hits on him, right from snap 1...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Reilly can run, but prefers not to. He's a deadly pocket passer.... Maybe the best in the league. He's really the opposite of Jesus Sprinkles. Gotta put plenty of hits on him, right from snap 1...

Gotta make him hold the ball. He uses mobility to create time to throw. Take away the deep stuff and he will get frustrated. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

News to me.

Just the games I’ve watched him play this year the odd time he has broke containment but looking at what he seems to wear on both his legs under his pants he isn’t near what he use to be for mobility in my opinion. Way more of a pocket passer. He’s still an incredibly smart qb tho. I could be wrong but I just can’t see him breaking containment on Jefferson and Jeffcoat.

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Burnham was not very involved in their last game. I Thought it was my imagination, but the stats say 3 catches on 7 targets. 

They made a point of that in the game and showed how Reilly forced that bomb in the endzone to Burnham who was in double coverage... yet Reilly had a guy completely wide open 15 yards down field who would of easily mad the catch and probably could of made it into the end zone.  It seems like Burnham was being double/triple covered for most of the night.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

News to me.

Reilly used to be a serious running threat. People forget how effective he was as a runner early on. His two biggest rushing games, around 100 yards each came against us. He isnt the guy who is gonna run for 600 or 700 yards in a season any more. But he still has mobility. 

If he tried to run like that against us Itd be a quick end to his night. He is tough to bring down, and he will look to throw first. But in the last 2.5 seasons hes been sacked a whole lot more then in the majority of his career. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Reilly is an always has been mobile. very adept at getting away from pressure. but as his age with his mileage on him you crank him a few times he gets jumpier than he used to. 

100%. And his shoulder is no way tip top either. From what ive seen this year he is trying to protect it more than normal. He used to have that buck pierce mentality. But now he's 36 and banged up, getting cortisone before every game. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Reilly used to be a serious running threat. People forget how effective he was as a runner early on. His two biggest rushing games, around 100 yards each came against us. He isnt the guy who is gonna run for 600 or 700 yards in a season any more. But he still has mobility. 

If he tried to run like that against us Itd be a quick end to his night. He is tough to bring down, and he will look to throw first. But in the last 2.5 seasons hes been sacked a whole lot more then in the majority of his career. 

100%. And his shoulder is no way tip top either. From what ive seen this year he is trying to protect it more than normal. He used to have that buck pierce mentality. But now he's 36 and banged up, getting cortisone before every game. 

I thought it was his elbow that was the problem at the beginning of the year.