Preseason Game 1

BomberBall

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I wish NHL camps opened in December and Stanley Cup was handed out in May. 

Just couldn't possibly agree more. I'm excited for the first week or two of the season and the first week or two of the playoffs. Other than that, it's a slog. It's just too many games to keep track of. And I honestly don't like hockey THAT much... Part of what makes football so important and interesting is the limited number of games and relatively short season. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just couldn't possibly agree more. I'm excited for the first week or two of the season and the first week or two of the playoffs. Other than that, it's a slog. It's just too many games to keep track of. And I honestly don't like hockey THAT much... Part of what makes football so important and interesting is the limited number of games and relatively short season. 

So I assume you’re not a huge MLB fan? Lol.

Comrie :P

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So two interesting (?) uniform notes. Jets are still wearing helmet advertising decals this season, and despite the arena re-branding to Canada Life, Bell still gets the ad space on the lids. 

Guess they still trying to make up for losses.

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Interested in seeing what Svechnikov and Kovacevic can do, K-Ves needs to grab a roster spot that's available and who know maybe Perfetti makes it impossible for the Jets to send him down 

Feels bad for Kova. Jets set at RHD for 3 years with these contracts.

14 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I’m a fan of Heinola, but he couldn’t have had much worse of a 1st period.

JetsCentric Podcast will love this game with Stanley>Heinola.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

12 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I know it’s meaningless, as far as outcome, but why have Pionk and Copp in the shootout?  Let the young guys have a chance.

💯 We might have actually heard Vesa's name if he got to participate in the shoot-out. Tick tock, tick tock.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Perfetti later in games needs to play with Dubois and Ehlers.. give him a shot on the wing eventho positionally u can see the center abilities. But Perfetti Dubois Ehlers feels right to me. Mesh well I feel. 

This game Harkins was solid and might surprise ppl.. thought Gus looked OK with slugs and guys who are TC fodder. Ves was fine playing rw. Svech is solid.. good pick up. 

Johnson needs to be Moose bound 

Heinola looked like Niku.. not good 

Kovavevic was great.. big guy with some ability.. good 3D candidate likely and likely to be up if injury occurs or trade on the right hand side 

Glad ehlers and Dubois are OK. 

Dudes gonna get suspended for the Dubois one. 

Comrie looked capable but not sold. Hopefully see Berdin and maybe Holm once 

Nash pisses me off but he's slow AF and just no... but Maurice loves him and he will be on the team. Hopefully 4rw with Harkins Gus Nash but ffs.. playing him 2c over perfetti in exhibition.. just pisses me off. No need for him to play. U know what u got. A 4th line plug. Good defensive plug. But slow AF 

Edited by Goalie