First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games

TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

It still means nothing. The 2016 Stamps went 15-2-1 and didn’t win it all. 

The attitude, at least from some on this board, is that the Bombers might as well be guaranteed the Grey Cup because every team just isn’t even close to their level, but that’s why you play the games. 

I think you are confusing the attitude on this board with the attitude on the riders board every single year. 

Being an unstoppable juggernaut means some thing when you are the defending champion. Nothing guarantees success. But every week we focus on going 1 and 0. And nothing changes that. 

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

It still means nothing. The 2016 Stamps went 15-2-1 and didn’t win it all. 

The attitude, at least from some on this board, is that the Bombers might as well be guaranteed the Grey Cup because every team just isn’t even close to their level, but that’s why you play the games. 

How come we only see you here after rider wins you were real mia after ldc and bjb. And in the discussion about ac Leonard. 

We had some interesting talk about dirty and hated players league wide that could've used input from other teams. 

Through half of the season with more games played than any one we handled the whole league and the riders in the home and home. So yeah reason for high optimism for the defending Champs. Give em the respect they've earned have at least a little class. 

Riders don't match up well with Winnipeg. A QB who wants to throw short against the best D against passes under 10 yards. A poor OL against one of the CFL's best Dlines. A so so Dline against a top OL. Oh and let's say the WF is in Winnipeg, a team that has won 15 out of 16 at home and if its a Winnipeg-Sask WF at IGF, a Winnipeg team that has won 5 out of six at home versus the Greenies.

No one here thinks it's easy. But, the Bombers are, far and away, the best team in the league so far this season. 

But, the most important part? It doesn't matter what we say or think, it's about the team on the field. 

I'm confident today, September 24th, that if the Bombers were to play the Riders for a trip to the GC, that we would walk all over them again. Lots can change before December. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

No one here thinks it's easy. But, the Bombers are, far and away, the best team in the league so far this season. 

But, the most important part? It doesn't matter what we say or think, it's about the team on the field. 

I'm confident today, September 24th, that if the Bombers were to play the Riders for a trip to the GC, that we would walk all over them again. Lots can change before December. 

This. Fans thinking one thing doesn't mean the Team thinks the same way. I'm confident the coaching staff will have the team ready to go for every game. Regardless of records/reputations.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders don't match up well with Winnipeg. A QB who wants to throw short against the best D against passes under 10 yards. A poor OL against one of the CFL's best Dlines. A so so Dline against a top OL. Oh and let's say the WF is in Winnipeg, a team that has won 15 out of 16 at home and if its a Winnipeg-Sask WF at IGF, a Winnipeg team that has won 5 out of six at home versus the Greenies.

But Ed Gainey is super serious about winning this time.

Did you think of that?

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

How come we only see you here after rider wins you were real mia after ldc and bjb. And in the discussion about ac Leonard. 

We had some interesting talk about dirty and hated players league wide that could've used input from other teams. 

Through half of the season with more games played than any one we handled the whole league and the riders in the home and home. So yeah reason for high optimism for the defending Champs. Give em the respect they've earned have at least a little class. 

You know why

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It just blows my mind that every other situation like that, even when McGuire is 3 yard into the endzone kn the plunge the refs delay the signal, but last night the arms were up before all the bodies even hit the turf. 

I do the same thing at IGF as the refs did. I can't really see the ball or goalline on the other side of the stadium, but as soon as that ball is snapped I am celebrating. 

Edited by Geebrr

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I attended the LDC, and posted multiple times during the BJB, also talked during the Bombers game vs Edmonton. I’ve posted plenty outside of Rider wins. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I hope both squads are as healthy as they can possibly be should that showdown in December happen. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

I hope both squads are as healthy as they can possibly be should that showdown in December happen. 

Me too. Dominate the Riders again and again and again.  I would say that the Bombers are in Cody's head but we're so far past that. We're living in his house, drinking his coffee and cuddling with his wife. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

Me too. Dominate the Riders again and again and again.  I would say that the Bombers are in Cody's head but we're so far past that. We're living in his house, drinking his coffee and cuddling with his wife. 

He’s managed to beat Winnipeg twice, I think he’s fully capable of doing it again. It’ll be nice to get Shaq Evans back.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

He’s managed to beat Winnipeg twice, I think he’s fully capable of doing it again. It’ll be nice to get Shaq Evans back.

You're trash... Your team is trash. Whether we play at IGF East or IGF West, we're gonna shut you the **** up again and again and again.... Go. The ****. Away. 

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

For real. A fully healthy Bomber team would absolutely shitpump a healthy Sask one. 
With Grant back, and 3 starters in the front 7..You’re talking about Shaq Evans being the difference? GTF outta here with that garbage. 

19 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

No, I am saying we should respect our opponent. BC is 4-3 but easily could also be 5-2 if they dont collapse...even 6-1 if Reilly starts the year healthy. 

Even though their D and Special Teams leave something to be desired, the game is in BC. Further, as we only play BC twice this year, a win there would really set us up nicely... We would then be leading (or have won) every season series against Western opponents.

I don't think O'Shea will have the Bombers overconfident. At least I hope not. Of course, you're right. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

You're trash... Your team is trash. Whether we play at IGF East or IGF West, we're gonna shut you the **** up again and again and again.... Go. The ****. Away. 

If this is the general attitude of some on this board, you should make it clear you only want to interact with Bomber fans :) 

Maybe it’s you who is trash, good sir. 

Edited by greenrider55

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

IDK about that- @greenrider55 has been pretty consistent in his presence and he hasn't been a ****** at all- actually pretty pleasant.

Damn you @wbbfan you are making me defend a riderfan!  

10 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

For real. A fully healthy Bomber team would absolutely shitpump a healthy Sask one. 
With Grant back, and 3 starters in the front 7..You’re talking about Shaq Evans being the difference? GTF outta here with that garbage. 

No you see the narrative is that the Bombers haven't had any injuries this year. 

Because we have depth and can win when guys are out, a foreign concept to a team like the riders, the Bombers just haven't missed anyone important. 

Honestly if we even had stove back, just the one guy who has missed every game but the first one, the riders are so much less dangerous to the Bombers. His ability to disrupt a run game and then it's all on fajardos noodle arm.

it is Not ..."Fajardo."

it is Cofaj.

this is too good to be abandoned.

one interesting thing about bombers,mismthe number of canucks playing D. 

Probably doesnt hurt depth wise. also, boosts those player's careers. 

There are some really good D linemen in the league this season. 

I give the mid season happy honker to Hanssen. 

(stupid ambrosie gallivanting around the world!)

Edited by Mark F

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

it is Not ..."Fajardo."

it is Cofaj.

this is too good to be abandoned.

one interesting thing about bombers,mismthe number of canucks playing D. 

Probably doesnt hurt depth wise. also, boosts those player's careers. 

There are some really good D linemen in the league this season. 

I give the mid season happy honker to Hanssen. 

(stupid ambrosie gallivanting around the world!)

I thought it was Vagardo