First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games

TrueBlue4ever

First up tonight, the Als @ Argos 6:30 Central

I can't find the Als depth chart or injury report (after September 21). So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

E_-nqLTUUAcepYb?format=jpg&name=medium

E__VOcuVcAU9F00?format=jpg&name=medium

That is quite the injury list. Both starting Canadian linebackers? 

And, of course, Chris Jones comes off the douchebag reserve list to "consult" the Defense.

Late game but, hopefully, worth staying up for: the Riders @ Lions. 9:30pm Central. 

E__EvjyVIAUCM8R?format=jpg&name=large

E_7EfIqVUA0GPFF?format=jpg&name=medium

E__YL8SUcAMR5WQ?format=jpg&name=large

E__YMZOVQAk1YLX?format=jpg&name=large

Injury report: https://www.bclions.com/injuryreport/ (because we can't just make a helpful infographic). *shakes fist at Lions PR*

Rainey is out. 

Edited by JCon

56 minutes ago, Nolby said:

BC by 14 tonight,I really think they're gonna smoke those hillbillies

Agree. The riders have trouble cashing in TDs, and the lions D has been 2nd best at giving up points. The lions by contrast are a strong scoring offense and the riders D is not stout especially in the secondary. I think this game is where we see the second divide form in the west. With the lions firmly in 2nd place. 

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

people sleeping on the Lions...thats the team in west that scares me the most actually

I think Reilly will pick apart that secondary tonight...despite the TSN/Media hype they aren't that good...and Teitz is horrendous...watch him in chase mode all night

I totally agree,BC looks to be the next team to beat behind us. Their defense and offense are starting to roll and this could be a difficult game for us next week. Gotta pressure the **** out of Reilly,don't allow him time to find his threats down field,they're too good.

I think BC with how they're starting to put things together will just be too much for Sask. Again,use our formula we used against Vajardo and BC will be in a good spot to win.

34-17 BC

14 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I totally agree,BC looks to be the next team to beat behind us. Their defense and offense are starting to roll and this could be a difficult game for us next week. Gotta pressure the **** out of Reilly,don't allow him time to find his threats down field,they're too good.

I think BC with how they're starting to put things together will just be too much for Sask. Again,use our formula we used against Vajardo and BC will be in a good spot to win.

34-17 BC

If they didnt have that global kicker, and start the 1st quarter in total disarray in that first game they would be sitting at 5-1 right now...they SHOULD be 5-1...

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Still no sure how good BC is. 2 of their wins have been against Ottawa and their D looked terrible against Montreal. This is a huge game for them and a huge game for the Riders. I'm looking forward to it.

this will surely be a game to determine who's who

Yes they played Ottawa twice...but beat them handily as they should have, and Montreal, if they are playing like they should could/and can make a lot of defenses look a bit suspect.

They have given op less points than the Riders, scored more, and should have beat them in the first game when they were a hot mess, so logic tells u this should be a BC winb at home, but then again this is the CFL and anything can happen

That being said, I will take Reilly over Fajardo for a win in a one game 9.5 times outta 10....so theres that too haha

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

If they didnt have that global kicker, and start the 1st quarter in total disarray in that first game they would be sitting at 5-1 right now...they SHOULD be 5-1...

Not to mention the week 1 reilly / qb debacle. If they had the Reilly playing that whole game they win that game. The rookie threw a bad pick 6 iirc. Even though reilly wasnt playing that great in week 1 he was still that much better. 

I think the biggest thing thats gonna hurt the lions against us is their trenches. That DL is green as hell. Their front 7 in general is not great. And they have no running game. Theyve given up some big sack games too.

I like how they match up vs the riders, but I also like how we match up against them. 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Every time this board counts out the riders... they seem to play their best... let's wait to see what happens tonight...

not counting them out....just looking at factors...QB...Lions...Receivers...Lions....RB...Riders...O-line...Lions...Secondary...Lions...overall defense based on play to date...Lions...playing at home should help...but....game is won on field so we shall see

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Every time this board counts out the riders... they seem to play their best... let's wait to see what happens tonight...

Not wrong, but I actually though the riders were gonna bounce back last week.  The turn over in Tor, the lack of consistent qbing, and the riders getting smashed in the 2 biggest regular season games back to back. It was a perfect set up for them to bounce back at home. 

I think the riders will battle the stamps with maier at qb for 3rd place. I montreal will still enjoy a weak back half schedule and ride that to a home play off game. I dont think we see a cross over team, instead we see tor mtl and ham in the play offs. 

25 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Saw the Rider fans refered to as hillbillies. there are no hills in Saskatchewan.

Hey now - let's at least keep our insults factual.  Have you not heard of the Cypress Hills?

Stick  close to the banjo pickin' inbred (and related stuff) and you will be just fine....

Cypress-Hills-25.jpg?w=2000&ssl=1

Edited by Wideleft