First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games

TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

They went to a few Grey Cups and won one in the first few years they existed.

I feel ******* nothing 

Desjardins loaded up during the expansion draft. He started with nothing. Never had to worry about the cap. Now he can't do that. He has to actually earn his salary. I have no sympathy for the Ottawa fans or their team. They all laughed at us in 2014 & 15. No one felt sorry for us back then. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Desjardins loaded up during the expansion draft. He started with nothing. Never had to worry about the cap. Now he can't do that. He has to actually earn his salary. I have no sympathy for the Ottawa fans or their team. They all laughed at us in 2014 & 15. No one felt sorry for us back then. 

Yeah, Ottawa didn't think the Bombers had anything of value available in the expansion draft.

My, how things have changed.

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On to happier news. Was just looking it up and Edmonton and Calgary are both out of the playoffs right now. Since they both joined the CFL in 1948, Alberta has never been outside the playoffs. Dare to dream!

I don't see how the overtake BC, but the Riders are soft enough if one Edmonton or Calgary pull their stuff together

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I will NEVER forget that smug Desjardins at that expansion draft. Karma is a *****. 

Love the Desjardins downfall, but worry about the league overall. 

These types of teams/games aren't good for attendance or viewership.

davis benched for a receiver. think he might be fired today. scene of davis, on the sidelines  firing up the offence was humorous. they are all..." yeah, whatever"

I admit to being one of the  people who thought  he didnt get a fair chance here.🤡

for a moment ... nichols appeared to have  suffered a fatal injury to his wrist.

Edited by Mark F

53 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

LaPo going to be the first coach in CFL history to win game 1 as HC then subsequently go .000 until getting fired?

I'm hoping Ottawa sets a record for least amount of,points in a season. what else is there to look forward to at this point.

yet the Ottawa D appears to have no quit, and is decent.

kind of surprising. same team, but quite different attitude.

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Outscore them by double digits. Not our team, just our defence alone. 

The way they played last night... our specialty teams would have beaten them by double digits... and consider the state of our return and kicking game... is a testimony to how putrid that team is.

0 points of offense. ZERO! Not even a rouge.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Didn't take long for the new roster rules to bite the league in the ass.

Teams can still dress 3 qbs. The fact Ottawa hasn't when that's the stable they have is a failure of the coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why the hell did the ALLCAPS trade Arbuckle away? Makes NO sense.

They didn't trade him, they just didn't re-sign him. But yeah that should cost their GM his job. 

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've referenced an article on here before where Arbuckle says he was wanting to re sign, but Ottawa just never reached out. I'll try to find it.

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/05/sucks-for-nick-arbuckle-to-think-redblacks-were-stalling-for-matt-nichols/amp/

58 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What or who could Ottawa bring in to salvage the season at this point?

There isn't an air lift big enough to fix them. 

Either you try to trade for a guy like mbt Arbuckle or Masoli or you dedicate to developing the two rooks on the pr. 

If I was them I'd try to trade for either of Toronto rbs ****** terrell Jana off the riders pr and try to get a back up guard from another team that's really good in the run game.