The Blame Game - Bomber scapegoat of the week

TrueBlue4ever

Thought about starting this thread for a while now, might as well have some fun with the fandom. Inspired by a former player who suited up here and elsewhere (I want to say Brendan LaBatte) who was asked about playing for the fan base. He said playing in Sask and Winnipeg was great, passionate fans in both places. “Rider fans love you win or lose. Winnipeg fans love you win or……well, maybe tie”. And before the outrage, there is merit to the dislike each person on this list has accumulated. With that in mind:

We are 6-1. So who’s in the doghouse this week?

1.  Ali Mourtada - welcome to Winnipeg! Read social media and you will see that our fans are loud, proud, and ………intense. Now pack your bags, loser!

2. Charles Nelson - Moves up because now he has stopped doing that straight run into tacklers for 8 yards we hated and now is taking it outside for zero yards which we hate even more. And he fumbled one trying to draw a no yards. The Bomber recovery keeps him out of top spot. 

3.. Liegghio - removed from the top spot since he got replaced, but still shanked one punt.

On the bubble: Willie J - seriously, people last night were saying it was his worst half as a Bomber with no sacks and the Elks still in it after thirty minutes. The strip sack for the clinching Bighill TD calmed us down though

Lifetime achievement members of the scapegoat club:

Bernie Ruoff - reefer madness

Troy Westwood- we do like to s h * t  on our kickers here. At least we don’t dump it on their lawns.

Dave Donaldson - also like to rip on our hometown guys if they don’t become stars

Charles Roberts - but we agree he should be in the Ring of Honour

Matt Nichols/ Lapolice - hard to not join these two at the hip. Who was worse? The guy at the most important position on the field who dragged us out of obscurity but couldn’t win the big one or top 300 yards, until he did, or his coach who misused everyone and couldn’t win the big one, until he did. Bring back Dunigan and Brock, those guys were champs….well, they were more exciting to watch anyway. Even the departure of both as Grey Cup winners has not soothed the discontent.

Glen Suitor - could turn the analysis of his game coverage into a drinking game here that would even incapacitate Do or Die.

Jock Climie - said some less than glowing things about the Bombers so clearly biased. Sucks even more because he turned out to be right. Bastard.

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

. Liegghio - removed from the top spot since he got replaced, but still shanked one punt.

Completely unfair, that punt was damned near blocked. He did well to even get it away. Made up for it with a big boomer on the next one that flipped field position. 

I mean we can criticize a lot of things, but this instance isn't one in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Completely unfair, that punt was damned near blocked. He did well to even get it away. Made up for it with a big boomer on the next one that flipped field position. 

I mean we can criticize a lot of things, but this instance isn't one in my opinion. 

I don’t disagree. And part of the post was implicitly a retrospective feel from the whole season as to the general mood of the fan base towards the listed people. Next year I’ll start from training camp and not wait until week 7. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

I'll be honest I like the thread cause there Re definitely always guys that wind up as the scapegoat no matter what. 

Early on it was Bailey for some reason even though I feel he's been good all year.. 

Right now 100% of the teams problems are Nelson and kickers  everyone else is great but those 2 are the fault of everything that goes bad. Missed coverage? ******* kickers! Sack? Dammit Nelson!

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'll be honest I like the thread cause there Re definitely always guys that wind up as the scapegoat no matter what. 

Early on it was Bailey for some reason even though I feel he's been good all year.. 

Right now 100% of the teams problems are Nelson and kickers  everyone else is great but those 2 are the fault of everything that goes bad. Missed coverage? ******* kickers! Sack? Dammit Nelson!

Bailey had a bunch of bad drops early and some bad penalties. We didn't bring in namaan for no reason. A bunch of wrs had tough goes of it in the back end of that stretch. 

But since then he's been lights out. And he's a max effort guy blocking. Not the most capable but damned if he doesn't do his best. 

Kicking and kr is the hole for sure. If we got the Kicking game on lock down the return issue wouldn't be too much. And I'm assuming Grant will be healthy at some point this year. So that should just be a matter of time. Nelson is the best of all the mos guys people have wanted replaced. 

Even Kicking despite the struggle is a developmental spot. Both legs and Ali have tremendous raw talent. It could be a long road but I'm sure one of them will develop into a keeper. 

If we improve  the Kicking and get healthy I don't think the roster has any holes. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Once Bailey started catching the ball in the past 3 weeks he's established himself as a solid #3 option with maybe potential for more.  That Toronto back to back him and Lawler dropped a ton of balls.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Agreed. It's cost us points, but not games so far, but I think its only a matter of time.