GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS

Nolby

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

I think if Crapinga is ready then he goes back to the PR. Or he gets cut if Crapinga can go. So...I think he's done. And it sends a message to Legghio as well to get it together.

Yeah I'd cut crapy loose. Mourtada sucked at fgs but made the xpts and had good kick offs. Legs punting has worn thin for Me. 

If we can't get a capable kicker in during the bye then I might have mourtada kick off xpts and head on fgs and have legs take hash kicks maybe. I'd see how mourtada can punt too.  

But damn I wish we'd get a real pro quality kicker. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Isn't Hajrullahu still available????....Maybe wants too much coin, in any event, or I think we would've brought him in....Wyman said that we gave Medlock a ring (besides the Cup one) and he apparently said I'm busy so not right now...Sounds like he might have left the door open

He signed with Dallas sadly. 

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Sergio Castillo, call him.

Idk how he isn't in the league now. Maybe he's anti vaxx if not we gotta get his ass on a plane. 

Either way with the bye week a kicker and a kr should be on air lift. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

cornelius looks more like a baseball player..... position of pitcher to me. 

but hard to not be impressed by the athleticism 🙄

Or his heavy balls.😎

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Offence needs more consistency, need better play from our linebackers, kickers need to make a fg, and Nelson needs to be sent packing

Kicking game and returns. Other than that we are set to make another run at it.( In my opinion) It's hard for the O to be consistent when they face such a long field each time.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Completion percentage from the pocket off his drop was under 30%.  Most of his completions came when he had a clean path to step up and fire.  When he rolled out he was in trouble, 2 picks and 1 fumble.  Pick six was from the pocket.

Game film will end his potential.  Keep in mind the Bombers D was facing him completely blind, not even pre-season games to look at.

I think your forgetting the fact he was playing the best defense in the CFL. But you make good points we will see.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Offence needs more consistency, need better play from our linebackers, kickers need to make a fg, and Nelson needs to be sent packing

I don't even really see us playing with linebackers in any sort of traditional sense, guys patrolling the second level. They either blitz (run or pass) or they drop way out covering zones with the DB's.  Damn near every snap Bighill and Briggs are either rushing around an edge or dropped out covering a deep half.  

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't even really see us playing with linebackers in any sort of traditional sense, guys patrolling the second level. They either blitz (run or pass) or they drop way out covering zones with the DB's.  Damn near every snap Bighill and Briggs are either rushing around an edge or dropped out covering a deep half.  

On the linebackers, I'll ask a semi technical question, playing to our strengths or system design given the way the game has evolved (ie MLB not just roaming sidelines to sidelines hoovering up tackles)?

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If that was the case I think we would see teams running way more against us. 

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think JBR may be on to something. We are not using LB's in the traditional sense and Rbs are picking up huge gains on us at times and getting stuffed at others. It keeps them guessing and throwing things off balance for Offences. I like it!

50 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Nah because we do play the run pretty aggressively on first downs depending on game situation, just that we do this with a run blitz not leaving our linebackers 5 yards off the line.  This is why it's kind of all or nothing, get stuffed or get 10 yards.

We also rotate guys like Nichols and Alexander into the box depending on formation.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nah because we do play the run pretty aggressively on first downs depending on game situation, just that we do this with a run blitz not leaving our linebackers 5 yards off the line.  This is why it's kind of all or nothing, get stuffed or get 10 yards.

We also rotate guys like Nichols and Alexander into the box depending on formation.

3 hours ago, coach17 said:

I think JBR may be on to something. We are not using LB's in the traditional sense and Rbs are picking up huge gains on us at times and getting stuffed at others. It keeps them guessing and throwing things off balance for Offences. I like it!

Interesting, I am going to pay more attention to where we are post snap. 

7 hours ago, bustamente said:

Offence would look much, much better if field goals were being made by our kickers at a reasonable rate. So many drives that should end in points are not and that makes our offence look much worse than they should.

1 hour ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Offence would look much, much better if field goals were being made by our kickers at a reasonable rate. So many drives that should end in points are not and that makes our offence look much worse than they should.

Missed 8 FG which is 24 missed points (not sure how many ended up being a single point). But with an extra 24 points that puts the Bombers at 197pts for this season or 28pts per game average. Pretty solid for an offence with a new OC and plenty of injuries. Room for improvement though that’s for sure. 

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A lot of teams are rotating that look in against heavy run teams this year. We are seeing an 8 and even 9 man box freuqently. With DHBs right at the back end of the box. 

Its because the heavy run teams are running inside zone / tight zone schemes. We saw the toss faked last week and used this week in an attempt to get to the outside. Some outside zone plays would really defeat that. But the last couple weeks we've seen repeat flashes of buck strategizing to take advantage of the packed box, with pretty good success. 

Not only do we frequently run a stacked line,  we are doing it with bighill at a wil spot covering wrs. 

Id say over all we did pretty good vs edm and sir flexalot. The biggest issue in the run game (aside from missing our up the middle spark plug in stove) is arm tackles. Wilder runs through arm tackles. He doesnt run guys over. You gotta wrap him up. They did get a couple decent hits in on him too that left him complaining as well. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

A lot of teams are rotating that look in against heavy run teams this year. We are seeing an 8 and even 9 man box freuqently. With DHBs right at the back end of the box. 

Its because the heavy run teams are running inside zone / tight zone schemes. We saw the toss faked last week and used this week in an attempt to get to the outside. Some outside zone plays would really defeat that. But the last couple weeks we've seen repeat flashes of buck strategizing to take advantage of the packed box, with pretty good success. 

Not only do we frequently run a stacked line,  we are doing it with bighill at a wil spot covering wrs. 

Id say over all we did pretty good vs edm and sir flexalot. The biggest issue in the run game (aside from missing our up the middle spark plug in stove) is arm tackles. Wilder runs through arm tackles. He doesnt run guys over. You gotta wrap him up. They did get a couple decent hits in on him too that left him complaining as well. 

That Wilder scored two TDs running up the middle would indicate that our run coverage could be better.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

That Wilder scored two TDs running up the middle would indicate that our run coverage could be better.

Run stopping, and like JB said, thats what you get when you put your men on the line. Its gambling to force a 2nd and long. 

Briggs and Gauthier are not guys who can fight off blocks and be a 1.5 gap player. They struggle to maintain 1 gap. Wilson and rocquemore are more capable of shutting down 1 gap and being able to scrape to the ball. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

it indicates that we need to get our Stove fixed....

QFT. With out stove we dont have a guy who can play the nose effectively. Stove can consistently close down 2 gaps by him self.  Which leaves us able to run less guys on the front to close gaps, so we have a MLBer free to scrape to the ball / spy. Stove also lets us run a tite front on the DL, canceling the gaps with even less bodies. 

Both walker and sayles are really talented and athletic. But they are more of the modern NFL 4i/3 technique. Jake can play some 2 and 2 gap but hes not a nose either. 

For a really long time we've been able to change and find new DTs that can collapse the pocket. Guys like poop, nevis, stove, and brandin bryant. What we do on our DL has been based around having that guy up the middle and we are missing it right now. But with stove having a couple limited practices before the elk game Im sure he will be back soon enough. 

That spark plug up the middle doesnt just open up plays for our DEs, It opens up things for our smaller DTs. I cant wait to see what jeffcoat can do with stove back in the middle. 

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Run stopping, and like JB said, thats what you get when you put your men on the line. Its gambling to force a 2nd and long. 

Briggs and Gauthier are not guys who can fight off blocks and be a 1.5 gap player. They struggle to maintain 1 gap. Wilson and rocquemore are more capable of shutting down 1 gap and being able to scrape to the ball. 

QFT. With out stove we dont have a guy who can play the nose effectively. Stove can consistently close down 2 gaps by him self.  Which leaves us able to run less guys on the front to close gaps, so we have a MLBer free to scrape to the ball / spy. Stove also lets us run a tite front on the DL, canceling the gaps with even less bodies. 

Both walker and sayles are really talented and athletic. But they are more of the modern NFL 4i/3 technique. Jake can play some 2 and 2 gap but hes not a nose either. 

For a really long time we've been able to change and find new DTs that can collapse the pocket. Guys like poop, nevis, stove, and brandin bryant. What we do on our DL has been based around having that guy up the middle and we are missing it right now. But with stove having a couple limited practices before the elk game Im sure he will be back soon enough. 

That spark plug up the middle doesnt just open up plays for our DEs, It opens up things for our smaller DTs. I cant wait to see what jeffcoat can do with stove back in the middle. 

stove will help what ***** there is in the run game significantly....and a regular rotation with Wilson back and Roq rotating in will seal up all leaks...now just get Rose back and have a backfield of him..Darby, BA, Jones, Tyalor and the 2 rookies and good luck getting many TD's on that defence