Week 7 - Non-Champ Games - Cgy@Ham Tor@Ssk BC@MTL

JCon

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

1. Suitor is not ok when he does non Rider games. He still sticks to his same pre determined points, makes the same incorrect points every game (Its not a PI if you turn around, was at an officiating clinic hosted by the club and the CFL's head of officiating who made a point of mentioning Suitor is wrong when he says this) and is not entertaining.

2. Agree Rider crowd affected by their lower vax rate, hope this helps drive it up.

Point 1 seems to be a TSN in general football hockey whatever problem 

They have a storyline to tell.. it's likely semi scripted 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Suitor is fine when not doing rider games. Not sure why TSN doesn't say enough... 

Likely cuz rider fans love him... and TSN obviously... Canadas Team lol... I mean it's just sick but... guess u gotta market to your base and perhaps ratings for sask games are just higher. 

If not? The ass kissing of the riders make no sense but I'm guessing they draw a good rating 

Same reason sportsnet hates the Jets vs anyone else in Canada... 

Ratings 

It's all about the ratings 

It's all about getting a reaction. If ppl ignored the rider crap and suitor it means they don't care.. 

Ppl talking about it good or bad is better than ppl not 

From all the numbers I have seen that have been reported, games involving the Riders consistently draw the highest viewership across Canada. Bombers are usually higher than average too. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

From all the numbers I have seen that have been reported, games involving the Riders consistently draw the highest viewership across Canada. Bombers are usually higher than average too. 

Would be nice to dissect the data. I am surprised about the Blue being above average. Being a Winnipeger, I get excited when we are above average on anything good.  BTW, do you recall the bottom dwellers? 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yeah.. I figured as much. Why no CFL ratings threads? Lol 

Edited by Goalie

I prefer Forde to any other colour guy, and as far as Suitor’s poor quality, I have more than once cited his “oh no” call of Milt’s miracle touchdown as really poor form. But it’s funny he is seen as unprofessional and a homer and it triggers so many here, yet Dunigan’s (allegedly) drunken ramblings are adored, and his homerism is hardly veiled when he says “two weeks getting pounded on by the Bombers…..I love saying that”. Certainly creates an inference that the hatred or love is fuelled more by the former jersey colours of the respective parties than a completely objective dissection of their abilities. And I just find that rationale and how much it irks people kind of laughable. But that’s just me. 

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Would be nice to dissect the data. I am surprised about the Blue being above average. Being a Winnipeger, I get excited when we are above average on anything good.  BTW, do you recall the bottom dwellers? 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. I figured as much. Why no CFL ratings threads? Lol 

I’ll see what I can dig up. But it is not easy to find with consistency. Not sure why TSN of the CFL does not regularly post numbers (it comes up sporadically). 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I prefer Forde to any other colour guy, and as far as Suitor’s poor quality, I have more than once cited his “oh no” call of Milt’s miracle touchdown as really poor form. But it’s funny he is seen as unprofessional and a homer and it triggers so many here, yet Dunigan’s (allegedly) drunken ramblings are adored, and his homerism is hardly veiled when he says “two weeks getting pounded on by the Bombers…..I love saying that”. Certainly creates an inference that the hatred or love is fuelled more by the former jersey colours of the respective parties than a completely objective dissection of their abilities. And I just find that rationale and how much it irks people kind of laughable. But that’s just me. 

Perhaps because Dunigan is open about it and Suitor pretends he is unbiased rubs folks the wrong way. Mind you, it was a blast picking Suitors comments apart during the game. It was more fun than the game itself. Suitor is a sort of villain!

Edited by Rod Black

Generally I don't mind the color guys... Forde is solid and smarter.. not quite Doug Brown I'm smarter than everyone else smart but just.. he is a good voice.. shows some love for ticats tho. But not like Suitor who Is a rider loving cousin ******. Dunigan is solid but he's seriously 1 shot of whiskey away from being done again. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Perhaps because Dunigan is open about it and Suitor pretends he is unbiased rubs folks the wrong way. Mind you, it was a blast picking Suitors comments apart during the game. It was more fun than the game itself. Suitor is a sort of villain!

I will absolutely give you that point about Suitor begging to be called unbiased. Seems like he is triggered too. Or he doth protest too much! As long as people have fun cherry picking his comments for the pro-Rider slant and not get angry and quit watching, have at it.  🤣

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Generally I don't mind the color guys... Forde is solid and smarter.. not quite Doug Brown I'm smarter than everyone else smart but just.. he is a good voice.. shows some love for ticats tho. But not like Suitor who Is a rider loving cousin ******. Dunigan is solid but he's seriously 1 shot of whiskey away from being done again. 

That might explain why I like Dunigan! Like two drunk guys having a great time! But yeah, he might have some brain damage from how he played. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

That might explain why I like Dunigan! Like two drunk guys having a great time! But yeah, he might have some brain damage from how he played. 

Yeah he's just it's like your buddy being a color guy.. he's just unique different excitable refreshing calls it like he sees it.. his love for alcohol just makes Matt more loveable cuz he's not a ****.. he seems like a guy who would be fun to chill with 

And you know Matt cooks a mean BBQ 

Just personality wise.. he's relatable and fun 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah he's just it's like your buddy being a color guy.. he's just unique different excitable refreshing calls it like he sees it.. his love for alcohol just makes Matt more loveable cuz he's not a ****.. he seems like a guy who would be fun to chill with 

And you know Matt cooks a mean BBQ 

Just personality wise.. he's relatable and fun 

In years to come reminiscing about our pal will include having to leave the room when got ****** angry. Good times. Just like with other buds, 

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It is possible many Rider fans did not get vaccinated because there was no requirement for attendance at games. Now that there is, a bunch may not be eligible to enter yet. Many people wait until absolutely necessary to do the common sense thing. Alberta’s daily vaccination shot totals apparently tripled the first day after the passport implementation. 

Vaccination is not mandatory. You could provide proof of a negative test.

In seriousness though, their COVID is out of control. I don't blame anyone for not going. 

Edited by Geebrr

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-week-one-tv-ratings-on-espn-2/
Thursday- Winnipeg-Hamilton: 683,100
Friday- BC-Saskatchewan: 764,600
Saturday- Toronto-Calgary: 318,400
Saturday-Ottawa-Edmonton: 341,700
    Total Week 1 average: 526,950

The week 2 link had the wrong data so I got this from twitter.
Thursday: BC/Calgary: 522,000 Friday:
Toronto/Winnipeg: 609,000 Saturday:
Hamilton/SSK: 671,000
    Week 2 of the CFL season attracted an average audience of 583,000 viewers. An increase of 39% from week 2 of the 2019 season.

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-week-3-tv-ratings-on-tsn-espn2/
Thursday- Edmonton Elks/BC Lions: 500,000 viewers
Friday- Montreal Alouettes/Calgary Stampeders: 565,000 viewers
Saturday Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Toronto Argonauts: 440,000 viewers
Ottawa Redblacks/Saskatchewan Roughriders: 628,700 viewers
    Week 3 CFL games averaged 533,000 viewers on TSN, an increase of 4% compared to Week 3 of the 2019 season.

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-week-4-tv-ratings-on-tsn-espn2/
Last Friday’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats-Montreal Alouettes game attracted an average audience of 500,000 viewers. A 25% increase compared to the last meeting between both teams in 2019.
Saturday’s BC-Ottawa game averaged 400,000 viewers.
Sunday Night’s riveting game between Calgary and Winnipeg averaged 673,000 viewers, becoming the most-watched game between both teams since 2013.

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-week-5-labour-day-weekend-tv-ratings/
The Week 5 slate of games on TSN averaged 572,000 viewers. An increase of 27% compared to week 5 of the 2019 season. For the season, the CFL is averaging 535,000 viewers per game.
Friday September 3rd’s Montreal Alouettes/Ottawa Redblacks game averaged 256,000 viewers. The lowest rated CFL game of the season, to this point. (Week 1, Toronto-Calgary: 318,400)
Sunday’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Saskatchewan Roughriders game was a smashing success, averaging 990,000 viewers. Making it the most watched CFL ON TSN game since 2015. The telecast was the highest rated game of the 2021 CFL season, besting the week one clash between BC and Saskatchewan, which drew 764,000 viewers.

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-week-6-tv-ratings-on-tsn/
Friday night’s 9/10 LDC rematch between the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts averaged 362,000 viewers.
The 9/11, 4 pm game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers attracted an average audience of 551,000 viewers.
Saturday’s 9/11, 7pm telecast featuring the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Elks averaged 593,000 viewers..
The final late night Saturday contest between the BC Lions and Ottawa Redblacks averaged 358,000 viewers.

Maybe this should be a running thread idk. If any one is interested we could do it and make it look nice. 

Edited by wbbfan

WBBFAN, that’s good work. Thank you. There is a bit to review there. Saturday Sunday games don’t get the views of weekday games. Yet the bombers stamps did well. Surprisingly the saturday Banjo Bowl game was slightly over the previous weekly averages. Less than I would have guessed. For the most part western teams have more viewers. 
the LDC was a success. That could support the theory that The Sports Network indulges the SK crowd. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

WBBFAN, that’s good work. Thank you. There is a bit to review there. Saturday Sunday games don’t get the views of weekday games. Yet the bombers stamps did well. Surprisingly the saturday Banjo Bowl game was slightly over the previous weekly averages. Less than I would have guessed. For the most part western teams have more viewers. 
the LDC was a success. That could support the theory that The Sports Network indulges the SK crowd. 

Np, i had to clean it up a little they changed their format part way through and it kind of drove me nuts lol. 

Yeah day, time, and if a stinker of a team is playing effects things a lot. But we also have to keep in mind the Bluejays wild card race, that tennis crap last week, and the NFL season starting. 

I wonder how the CFL would do if the season ran from the end of the NHL season till before the start of the regular season. This year that'd be ending middle of oct, and they are gonna end the regular season with april.  So if they ran may-oct. pre season and TC would go on during the deep play offs. And maybe the GC would happen early in the NHL season. That would over lap the end of our season with a month or so of the NFL season. Im sure itd be better for the league to run during the NHL play offs rather than over lap our end with the NFL start.

It'd be death for bringing up US talent if we overlapped our end with their start. And if we didnt have a gap between our end their beginning.  Just musing. When the NHL regular season hits I dont think our TV will fall off too bad, but I feel like the ticket sales do and will. 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I love listening to Dunnigan, his absolute love of the game shines through.... on any huge play,  he's sooooo animated and effusive. 

His favorite word is discombobulated. Waiting for Matt to say the word is like watching Diff'rent Strokes waiting for Arnold to say whatcha talking about Willis?