Week 7 - Non-Champ Games - Cgy@Ham Tor@Ssk BC@MTL

JCon

Just now, stevethe3rd said:

Stop complaining about the schedule. It all evens out at the end. Now the Riders have to finish most of the games on the road for the next two months. I am not too sure how that really benefits them? 

No it doesnt, thats exactly the point. 4 games vs ott for montreal, 0 for us. Edm plays 3 games in 6 days. Ott has to play 2 in 5. We have to play 4 home and home back to the back series this year. You think that all equals out in the end? Shake your head geez. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The amount of angst over Glen Suitor, TSN, and the refs “wanting” the Riders to win in this many posts borders on the comical. Stuff like this makes the Rider fans who say we are “obsessed” look not too far off base. 

I could care less whether he is a homer or not. He is simply an inferior broadcaster who reflects negatively on the product we love. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly. If anything you want your opponents to finish the season on the road. That's a much more difficult schedule. I'm all for the riders playing 4 of their first 5 at home. The fact they lost one of those homes is fantastic.

Thats not the issue with the schedule. It has many issues as Ive listed. 

Finishing on the road vs at home doesnt matter unless you need the last game to clinch a play off spot. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The amount of angst over Glen Suitor, TSN, and the refs “wanting” the Riders to win in this many posts borders on the comical. Stuff like this makes the Rider fans who say we are “obsessed” look not too far off base. 

Ok, Glen.

Just now, wbbfan said:

Thats not the issue with the schedule. It has many issues as Ive listed. 

Finishing on the road vs at home doesnt matter unless you need the last game to clinch a play off spot. 

Can't wait till next year when the league decides the Riders will play Ottawa 4 times.

14 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Stop complaining about the schedule. It all evens out at the end. Now the Riders have to finish most of the games on the road for the next two months. I am not too sure how that really benefits them? 

Well first thing, no one is really complaining that the riders have had only 1 road game, it's said more in amazement because it's ridiculous scheduling. As you pointed out they're barely at home for the end of the season. Isn't that ridiculous? 

And second of all the schedule does not even out. Pretty obvious that Ottawa is the worst team in the league and the Bombers for example don't play them once while other teams get multiple games against them. Edmonton gets boned on the schedule too with that ridiculous re-scheduling. 

It's a piss poor schedule and I think everyone can agree with that.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Ok, Glen.

Can't wait till next year when the league decides the Riders will play Ottawa 4 times.

Lmao, and then next year ott is a killer team. 

TSN and the cfl media have an un questionable bias. Towards the riders, and towards the ontario teams. 

The refs are generally bad. This year they are worse. Its a league wide problem. We have no consistency game to game week to week. I dont think its bias'd but it does supply and advantage to a less disciplined team. We won despite lots of questionable, poor, and missed calls. And some truly head shaking decisions from the booth. Our DL handled the ssk riders ol, but none of the holding or blocks to the back were called against the riders. 

Do I think the CFL called the refs before the LDC and the BJB and said hey keep the riders in it? Nope. Would I be surprised if they were told hey let them play more in these two games? Nope. We have seen some crazy flips from massive 15-20 flags on a team, to virtually no penalties for 3 quarters of a game or more. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Well first thing, no one is really complaining that the riders have had only 1 road game, it's said more in amazement because it's ridiculous scheduling. As you pointed out they're barely at home for the end of the season. Isn't that ridiculous? 

And second of all the schedule does not even out. Pretty obvious that Ottawa is the worst team in the league and the Bombers for example don't play them once while other teams get multiple games against them. Edmonton gets boned on the schedule too with that ridiculous re-scheduling. 

It's a piss poor schedule and I think everyone can agree with that.

Exactly. Thats even a minor part of the issue with the schedule. But huge streaks of home and away games is bad. 1 home game in 4 weeks is lousy enough here. Having home games that are few and far between is bad for the game. Even in the crappy markets like tor. 

But all he heard was RIDERS and BAD SCHEDULE COMPLAINTS. And was triggered. 

I dont think many schedules even out this year. A lot of teams schedules are just bad. Its bad for teams, bad for players, and bad for fans. This schedule was very short sighted. It shoudlve been trashed, some one shouldve been fired, and a decent one drafted. Idk if it was the schedule maker, or their boss, or the league but some one crapped the bed. 

No team should be playing 2 games in the same schedule week. Ever. No team should even play with less than 6 days between it and their previous game. This year is already hell on the players bodies. I cringe soo hard when I think about ott playing twice in week 10. Toronto is coming off a bye they go from a game on the 24th to the 6th. Montreal plays on the 2nd of the previous week to the 11th in that week. 2 very well rested teams vs ott in the same week. Come on.  They dont even get a bye after that, they play again on the 16th. 3 games in 10 days. Then edmonton finishes with 3 in 6. 

If any player is seriously hurt from the wear and tear in these games the league is going to have hell to pay. This type of bush league BS hurts the league, especially in trying to grow its popularity with the younger demographic. We are gonna see some horrible football down the stretch. What a way to set up the play offs.  

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

I’m afraid to admit I agree with our rider friend… not sure why people are concerned about the riders schedule…. they now only play 2 of their remaining 8 at home… not ideal for the stretch… and remember what happened the only time they played on the road this year…😂

Edited by bearpants
Edited for clarity

43 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

We lost to this team, yeesh.

Also, is Dinwiddie calling the offensive plays for the Boatmen? Because if he is he needs to relinquish that responsibility.

I wouldn't blame dinwiddies play calling I think he called a pretty decent game. Good use of motion and misdirection to get some free yards. Arbuckle also missed about 3 throws off play action that could have gone for big plays. If he connects on those the game could have been different. 

• Jpan85 pinned and unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

I wouldn't blame dinwiddies play calling I think he called a pretty decent game. Good use of motion and misdirection to get some free yards. Arbuckle also missed about 3 throws off play action that could have gone for big plays. If he connects on those the game could have been different. 

Shotgun handoff 3rd and goal from the 1 is pants on head ******** play calling 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I’m afraid to admit I agree with our rider friend… not sure why people are concerned about the riders schedule…. they now only play 2 of their remaining 8 at home… not ideal for the stretch… and remember what happened the only time they played on the road this year…😂

Careful, you’ll be labelled a troll, or worse, dubbed Glen!

Beating up on Ottawa once would be fun but lapo and crew ain't on our level... not sure they on the Bisons level.. hell some local high school teams could beat them so what u gain? Meh.  Likely unnecessary injuries. Maybe some McGuire playing time. 

Look at the NFL some of those schedules... Jesus Christian Murphy.. its insanity. Even divisional teams. So not fair. 

Bombers are the cream of the crop in the CFL and its obvious.. cream of the crap really..... 

Schedule Schmedule... riders gonna have to beat us again... it's not gonna happen. 

56 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And you think 5 - 7.5k just didn't show up due to the Regina nightlife? 

Place was empty AF

It is possible many Rider fans did not get vaccinated because there was no requirement for attendance at games. Now that there is, a bunch may not be eligible to enter yet. Many people wait until absolutely necessary to do the common sense thing. Alberta’s daily vaccination shot totals apparently tripled the first day after the passport implementation. 

Suitor is fine when not doing rider games. Not sure why TSN doesn't say enough... 

Likely cuz rider fans love him... and TSN obviously... Canadas Team lol... I mean it's just sick but... guess u gotta market to your base and perhaps ratings for sask games are just higher. 

If not? The ass kissing of the riders make no sense but I'm guessing they draw a good rating 

Same reason sportsnet hates the Jets vs anyone else in Canada... 

Ratings 

It's all about the ratings 

It's all about getting a reaction. If ppl ignored the rider crap and suitor it means they don't care.. 

Ppl talking about it good or bad is better than ppl not 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It is possible many Rider fans did not get vaccinated because there was no requirement for attendance at games. Now that there is, a bunch may not be eligible to enter yet. Many people wait until absolutely necessary to do the common sense thing. Alberta’s daily vaccination shot totals apparently tripled the first day after the passport implementation. 

No one could have predicted this!!!@!!

1. Suitor is not ok when he does non Rider games. He still sticks to his same pre determined points, makes the same incorrect points every game (Its not a PI if you turn around, was at an officiating clinic hosted by the club and the CFL's head of officiating who made a point of mentioning Suitor is wrong when he says this) and is not entertaining.

2. Agree Rider crowd affected by their lower vax rate, hope this helps drive it up.