Week 7 - Non-Champ Games - Cgy@Ham Tor@Ssk BC@MTL

JCon

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Any one want to debate about how blm is an elite qb still lol 

Won’t argue that he is not elite right now, but he may well be playing on a still fractured leg, and long term I am not ready to stick a fork in him for good just yet. People wrote off Ricky Ray and Zach Collaros when they suffered injuries, but they both healed and after being traded the former won another Cup and the latter is looking like an all-star again. Get him completely healthy (and I mean completely) and we’ll see what he has left. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Won’t argue that he is not elite right now, but he may well be playing on a still fractured leg, and long term I am not ready to stick a fork in him for good just yet. People wrote off Ricky Ray and Zach Collaros when they suffered injuries, but they both healed and after being traded the former won another Cup and the latter is looking like an all-star again. Get him completely healthy (and I mean completely) and we’ll see what he has left. 

Trouble is, Mitchell makes $700,000 & the Stamps had to shed salary to get under the Cap. Trade him to Ottawa. They'll take him & his salary. Maier should be playing.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Genuine question, do y’all ever worry about Collaros’ head? You have a great OLine so he doesn’t take many, if any big hits, but I remember when he took the shot from Lawrence thinking that was it. 

Hoping he has a long career.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trouble is, Mitchell makes $700,000 & the Stamps had to shed salary to get under the Cap. Trade him to Ottawa. They'll take him & his salary. Maier should be playing.

I thought he took a pay cut?

No one is trading for him. You need to cut him to get him off your books. 

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Genuine question, do y’all ever worry about Collaros’ head? You have a great OLine so he doesn’t take many, if any big hits, but I remember when he took the shot from Lawrence thinking that was it. 

Of course. He's one hit away from a career ending injury. We worry about that nonstop, which is why we argue about the backup position all the time. 

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Sure we do. But any qb is one hit away from an injury. 

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Is there any rule on salary retention in the CFL?

He was making close to $900,000. He took a substantial cut but it's still much too much. 

Some questionable coaching in this late game...like wtf dinnwiddie?!?

Fajardo still looks like what he is...below average...no mid to deep ball whatsoever...and enough of Powel being 'back' sheesh...Suitor is such a knob

2 very undisciplined teams tho..

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Is there any rule on salary retention in the CFL?

I believe the rule was veteran’s salaries were guaranteed after Labour Day in a normal year (after the halfway point of the year) so you would see cuts before then, but I also hear that CFL contracts are not guaranteed. As for trading players, I do not recall a team ever retaining salary in a CFL deal. The salary cap penalties are so inconsequential in the CFL anyway that it is not really an issue from a cap management standpoint.