"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t think this version of the Bombers will fall into a trap, but there’s just something about BC Place..so many goofy games there in this Bomber era. 

We will see.  If they can prevent explosion plays to Burnham & Co. we will win. 

If they let Reilly buy time too often...there could be trouble...

He can make you pay - no matter how good you are.

Just now, Mark H. said:

We will see.  If they can prevent explosion plays to Burnham & Co. we will win. 

If they let Reilly buy time too often...there could be trouble...

He can make you pay - no matter how good you are.

I feel like a 1 dimensional offense like BC doesnt pose a big threat against our D. The DL can pin their ears back and pass rush the secondary can play off and tackle. 

But thats not this week, first things first. Kick the elks ass.  

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like a 1 dimensional offense like BC doesnt pose a big threat against our D. The DL can pin their ears back and pass rush the secondary can play off and tackle. 

But thats not this week, first things first. Kick the elks ass.  

It seems, when we play BC (or Edm before), Reilly manages to find enough time to get that ball out. He always seems to escape our pressure. 

Just now, JCon said:

It seems, when we play BC (or Edm before), Reilly manages to find enough time to get that ball out. He always seems to escape our pressure. 

Used to yeah. We swept bc last year. He had a solid game the first time the 2nd time was 16/28 for 177 and a pick and sacked him 7 times. 

Reilly is tough, but our defense is even better then the 2nd game of last year. Edm handled him pretty easily this year too. A banged up qb vs our D is a great combination for us. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

While I think we should not have trouble with the Elks given how each team has played so far this year, the big scare is Wilder Jr. He is the league’s leading rusher by a good bit, our defensive Achille’s Heel (as much as we have one) so far has been the spotty run defence at times, and with Harris out they may balance their attack more. Last week’s offensive upswing by Collaros and the gang leaves me confident that it can help out the defence more than it did in the first four weeks, so maybe even a let down from the unconscious level our D has been playing at can be better compensated by our offence. Edmonton is a mystery in that they have (on paper) some real offensive weapons yet have not been putting up the points. That porous o-line must be an even bigger factor than I would think. 

All u need to do to negate Wilder is to start putting some big hits on him..he don't like it..and most likely will get hurt..or claim he's hurt to avoid getting walloped more...not concerned with him in the least

11 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Where are you? We are north of Stony Plain. 

South of Red Deer.... It's pretty bad down here. 

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

Covid situation here keeping us from going to the game. 

Have to settle for wings and nachos on the couch. 

Go Blue!

That's where I'm at. We were going to head up but a late start, plus the covid situation means a bottle of rye and my recliner. 

The short passes and the run up the middle have been the Blue's biggest problems so far this year, and the run in particular has been working well for the Ungulates. The D-line has to keep Michael Reilly in the pocket. He's a couple of years older and running for the first down is not going to be much of an option, but he is dangerous on the roll-outs. Reilly has been so good for so long, that its sad to see him struggling on the field.

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Ha, what are the odds?  Good job planting the holding seed.

Hope all is well with your daughter.

No kidding..I saw he was wearing a GC 19 hoodie so I brought up the game, turns out the guy is a 20+ year CIS and CFL ref on the side. 
Thanks for your kindness, my baby girl is a warrior. She’ll be home with us sooner or later. 

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Where are you? We are north of Stony Plain. 

I got engaged in Stony Plain!

10 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

No kidding..I saw he was wearing a GC 19 hoodie so I brought up the game, turns out the guy is a 20+ year CIS and CFL ref on the side. 
Thanks for your kindness, my baby girl is a warrior. She’ll be home with us sooner or later. 

Good to hear.  Take care and Go Blue!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

We were going to head up but a late start, plus the covid situation means a bottle of rye and my recliner. 

Can't argue with that option!

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Reilly is tough, but our defense is even better then the 2nd game of last year. Edm handled him pretty easily this year too. A banged up qb vs our D is a great combination for us. 

The x - factor, imo, is how much holding will be allowed. Reilly is still dangerous on those roll outs - he's a tough old war house. It's interesting that I'm more concerned about 1 player, than I am about the entire Elks' roster. 

Late to the party, but John Rush (and Thomas Miles) went on a trip with the Grey Cup to Northern MB. As someone who used to live in northern MB, that's a pretty huge thing to do to include them as part of the celebration. I think he also participated quite a bit in the program that brought kids from the north to bomber games. I can't think of any professional athlete who has given more of his time to good causes.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

South of Red Deer.... It's pretty bad down here. 

That's where I'm at. We were going to head up but a late start, plus the covid situation means a bottle of rye and my recliner. 

Sherwood Park. Same thing about stupid covid but white wine and couch. I know what you’re thinking, what a cultured guy. :)

Go Blue.