"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

I don't like that a Bomber alum is promoting murder on twitter. Classless, a black mark on this team I love so dearly. Rush should be ashamed, honestly. (/s for you humorless folks)

I found the tweet that triggered this whole thing, by the way:

No mention of actually beating anyone up, but the implication is obviously there... oh well, some of those aggressive anti-vaxxers blocking entryways and screaming at patients could use a shot to the jaw

49 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I don't like that a Bomber alum is promoting murder on twitter. Classless, a black mark on this team I love so dearly. Rush should be ashamed, honestly. (/s for you humorless folks)

I found the tweet that triggered this whole thing, by the way:

No mention of actually beating anyone up, but the implication is obviously there... oh well, some of those aggressive anti-vaxxers blocking entryways and screaming at patients could use a shot to the jaw

Whole heartedly support Rush in this and would offer the same thing.

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I see the Bombers taking 2 of 3 against the Elks. I would be totally shocked with a sweep. It’s hard enough winning back to back games against a team. I would even go as far as saying we lose tomorrow and take the next 2 against them. Hope they prove me wrong!

So you don’t think they will sweep, but you actually pick them to win the back-to-back portion which is the hard part. Hmmm………

9 hours ago, JCon said:

He also got vaxxed in a wedding dress and raised money/awareness of transgender rights and issues. 

Makes me very proud that he's a Bomber alum. 

My gawd I miss Winnipeg when I hear this. 

Living in 'Berta its hard to hear a balanced view on society.  

I love you Winnipeg.  I love the bombers and our fans. 

7 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

My gawd I miss Winnipeg when I hear this. 

Living in 'Berta its hard to hear a balanced view on society.  

I love you Winnipeg.  I love the bombers and our fans. 

I feel like I could have written this. Rural AB has absolutely destroyed me from the inside out.......

13 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I see the Bombers taking 2 of 3 against the Elks. I would be totally shocked with a sweep. It’s hard enough winning back to back games against a team. I would even go as far as saying we lose tomorrow and take the next 2 against them. Hope they prove me wrong!

I don't think they'll lose to the Elks while Harris is out. Not with the Jeffs putting heat on a green QB...

If there is a trap game coming up - I think it'll be against game wrecker Reilly in BC...

While I think we should not have trouble with the Elks given how each team has played so far this year, the big scare is Wilder Jr. He is the league’s leading rusher by a good bit, our defensive Achille’s Heel (as much as we have one) so far has been the spotty run defence at times, and with Harris out they may balance their attack more. Last week’s offensive upswing by Collaros and the gang leaves me confident that it can help out the defence more than it did in the first four weeks, so maybe even a let down from the unconscious level our D has been playing at can be better compensated by our offence. Edmonton is a mystery in that they have (on paper) some real offensive weapons yet have not been putting up the points. That porous o-line must be an even bigger factor than I would think. 

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel like I could have written this. Rural AB has absolutely destroyed me from the inside out.......

You sound exactly like my brother, who lives in Olds. I feel for you man. 

I’m in Edmonton right now for a medical trip for my daughter. At least here the general attitude towards masking seems more or less like Winnipeg.

44 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I don't think they'll lose to the Elks while Harris is out. Not with the Jeffs putting heat on a green QB...

If there is a trap game coming up - I think it'll be against game wrecker Reilly in BC...

I don’t think this version of the Bombers will fall into a trap, but there’s just something about BC Place..so many goofy games there in this Bomber era.