"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

It sounds like a good idea on paper but no team is going to help Edmonton out. 

Calgary's not going to give up Maier, we're not going to give up McGuire. Ottawa might give up Nichols, but that does nothing for Edmonton. MBT maybe? Meh.

I think it was a joke... I'd take unproven back up QB over Davis in a heart beat.    

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Riders media has already started.

Aside from Calgary, none of the other Western teams have played a full game yet without their starter, so there has been  no “impact” yet - and we are still running away with the division at this point. Save this tired whine for after week 10 (and here’s betting Reilly and Fajardo are still starters then). 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Almost makes you want to sit Collaros and continue clown-pounding the league with McGuire.

I will say this. If we are up by 2 TDs plus in the 4th they should give McGuire some decent reps. Was surprised Collaros went all the way to the end in the Banjo Bowl. 

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Seeing rider fans ***** and crying is almost as good as a Bomber win. 

Pretty entertaining how much time we spend in thier heads. 

yup..Harris has permanent residence in their narrow minds...they still go on about him being a PED user and isnt half the player he was without them..yet fail to see what he did when he came back, and into the playoffs..what a bunch of clowns

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Riders media has already started.

Ummm has fajardo not started every game for the riders thus far ( Bombers kicked his ass twice in a row by the way) Harris has been in the whole time for the elks up til now... so why is it just an excuse now that the Bombers record is better than everyone  else's? I will say this,  the narrative that the Bombers are just lucky with injuries is crap. Our team has depth. Full stop. That is why it doesn't appear injuries have impacted them. Get a GM that does his job and you can replace guys lost to injury.

Kyle walters is the hardest working most proactive Gm in the cfl. Change my mind.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ummm has fajardo not started every game for the riders thus far ( Bombers kicked his ass twice in a row by the way) Harris has been in the whole time for the elks up til now... so why is it just an excuse now that the Bombers record is better than everyone  else's? I will say this,  the narrative that the Bombers are just lucky with injuries is crap. Our team has depth. Full stop. That is why it doesn't appear injuries have impacted them. Get a GM that does his job and you can replace guys lost to injury.

Kyle walters is the hardest working most proactive Gm in the cfl. Change my mind.

While i agree for the most part, we are still not sure how Mcguire will do if needed. I know the Bomber staff have great confidence in him and Collaros said he thinks he has the stuff to be great in the CFL but it still is not proven ...yet.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's some A+ analysis.  If a football team loses their starting QB they are not as good.  Here I was thinking most teams had a guy on the sideline who is better that they don't play just because.

Especially with our defense , Mcguire does not have to be more than average,not turn the ball over and we can still win. But it is a question mark for the Blue just like any team with an inexperienced back up.

This is not throwing shade at the Bombers, but they have not been impacted at starting QB (surprisingly) while the other Western teams have been. If Collaros goes down, Winnipeg is not as good

Well Duh??? Thank you Captain Obvious. Newsflash: The Kansas City Chiefs aren't as good without Patrick Mahomes, either. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gq24ikamw8dzxzjkpb

6 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I've seen stupid fans on every forum (including this one) who make their fan base look collectively stupider, but why does only the Rider media seem to hire those same idiots to be their professional analysts? It honestly boggles my mind.

Here, we would rather hear a hard reality but the majority of our press is in the bombers pockets. Even then if the bombers lay an egg bob irving calls a spade a spade. In riderville if they arent good, they dont want to hear any thing but lies. They bite hard on any pandering to them. Because they have nothing else, and the fewest GCs of any city in the league. Despite the most losing they cant handle losing. So their media panders to them and they eat it up. Then national cfl media does the same and they bite even harder. 

The national media and cfl site are soo low quality they think making the rider fans extremely happy means they are doing well and helping the league. But it just perpetuates the same over hype followed by crashing lows in sask. 

I remember back in the day, maybe 2004, the bombers were 11-7 in a 3 or 4 way tie. Jock clime called us the worst 11 win team in recent memory. That we hadn't added any pieces since the 01 team, just tried to keep that team together. It pissed a lot of people off, but he wasnt entirely wrong. That team rested on its laurels for way too long and didnt improve. After handily losing to the riders at home in the west semi, most people agreed. If that happened in regina, clime would've been torn to pieces. Clime was a dbag and I couldnt stand him when he played or on the tsn panel. And he attacked the bombers while at TSN like it was his job. You could never see that with the riders. And really, thats a team and a fan base that needs to swallow some hard truths. 

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Here, we would rather hear a hard reality but the majority of our press is in the bombers pockets. Even then if the bombers lay an egg bob irving calls a spade a spade. In riderville if they arent good, they dont want to hear any thing but lies. They bite hard on any pandering to them. Because they have nothing else, and the fewest GCs of any city in the league. Despite the most losing they cant handle losing. So their media panders to them and they eat it up. Then national cfl media does the same and they bite even harder. 

The national media and cfl site are soo low quality they think making the rider fans extremely happy means they are doing well and helping the league. But it just perpetuates the same over hype followed by crashing lows in sask. 

I remember back in the day, maybe 2004, the bombers were 11-7 in a 3 or 4 way tie. Jock clime called us the worst 11 win team in recent memory. That we hadn't added any pieces since the 01 team, just tried to keep that team together. It pissed a lot of people off, but he wasnt entirely wrong. That team rested on its laurels for way too long and didnt improve. After handily losing to the riders at home in the west semi, most people agreed. If that happened in regina, clime would've been torn to pieces. Clime was a dbag and I couldnt stand him when he played or on the tsn panel. And he attacked the bombers while at TSN like it was his job. You could never see that with the riders. And really, thats a team and a fan base that needs to swallow some hard truths. 

Yup, i could never stand that arrogant POS. He took shots at the Bombers every chance he could. I have no idea why but he was relentless. A buddy of mine and some friends ran into Climie and Schultz after a game in the parking lot and Schultz was great, chatting up the guys for like 10 minutes. Climie didnt say a single word and ignored them the whole time. Cant stant that arrogant jagoff.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, i could never stand that arrogant POS. He took shots at the Bombers every chance he could. I have no idea why but he was relentless. A buddy of mine and some friends ran into Climie and Schultz after a game in the parking lot and Schultz was great, chatting up the guys for like 10 minutes. Climie didnt say a single word and ignored them the whole time. Cant stant that arrogant jagoff.

Im sure its to do with the 99-01 als bombers rivalry. He was there for all that bad blood, and wasnt there when the rivalry died. 2001 was his last year and that was the year we over threw the als. That 14 win team won all the close games. Lots of the streak were won late. He may have felt they were really close to being in our position.

Or maybe he's just a self righteous POS. Well, he's certainly that maybe the other thing contributed to it too. 

TSN dropping him was the best thing theyve done in a long time. I didnt love hank, but he was better than jock strap. And I like sanchez much more as a broad caster then as a player. (each year I hate him a little less.) 

IF only they would continue that trend now and drop some guys. Maybe when this era of player retires we will finally see the end of some long in the tooth tsn types. Ricky ray always seemed flat as hell, but I heard a few times when he was with edm and TO that he is hilarious. I know hes currently working with the argos, but the best thing Pinball could do for the league (other than maybe be the commish) Is to be on the TSN panel. Fire suiter, put matty in the booth full time. Bring in Pinball to the panel full time, and find a great host. Maybe tim micallef. 

Tim, pinball, milt, and sanchez on the panel. Lapolice and Forde have their own segments in each game and pre game show. Also dump rodblack, maybe bring cuthbert back, or go find a new guy. 

6 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I come in here to see how this board functions when you guys aren’t playing the Riders, and this thread is largely just talking Riders, are you 100% sure we’re the ones who are “obsessed”?

It's a few days after the back-to-back destruction of the all mighty Criders. I think it's apropos to reflect and discuss. 

But, you're the one coming to the Bomber site, so not at all obsessed.