"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

As an OSU fan I have watched a fair bit of Taylor Cornelius, and even watched him in the XFL because he was OSU alumni. Here is the skinny based on what I have seen.  Strong arm and can really zing it. Accuracy a big time issue on anything outside the tackles. He will look to make hay in the middle and seams. BIG, and strong, and actually really mobile. Not an easy sack at all and a surprisingly effective runner. The Bombers DL need to wrap up on this guy. Interception prone as he telegraphs some passes but gets away with it a lot more than he should because of his arm strength.  When he's in a rhythm he can be very good, when he's bad...he's really bad. Bombers need to force him to make throws outside the hashmarks and not escaping the pocket by breaking tackles. That's my 2 cents based on what I've seen.

Good report. Hopefully the pass rush plays disciplined and doesn’t get too sack-hungry and lose contain. Let him try to beat us with his arm from the pocket and confuse him with looks rather than all-out blitzes, even as tempting as it is with that o-line. 

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

As an OSU fan I have watched a fair bit of Taylor Cornelius, and even watched him in the XFL because he was OSU alumni. Here is the skinny based on what I have seen.  Strong arm and can really zing it. Accuracy a big time issue on anything outside the tackles. He will look to make hay in the middle and seams. BIG, and strong, and actually really mobile. Not an easy sack at all and a surprisingly effective runner. The Bombers DL need to wrap up on this guy. Interception prone as he telegraphs some passes but gets away with it a lot more than he should because of his arm strength.  When he's in a rhythm he can be very good, when he's bad...he's really bad. Bombers need to force him to make throws outside the hashmarks and not escaping the pocket by breaking tackles. That's my 2 cents based on what I've seen.

Seemed to be very turnover prone during his stint in the XFL. Hopefully that carries over into the CFL.

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

So basically, Bombers need to employ the same strategy they used on Fajardo. Collapse the pocket, stop the run and make him throw. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

So basically, Bombers need to employ the same strategy they used on Fajardo. Collapse the pocket, stop the run and make him throw. 

Similar, this guy can throw more than 20 yards by the looks of it. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Seemed to be very turnover prone during his stint in the XFL. Hopefully that carries over into the CFL.

Rotating coverage, and keeping the guy off kilter shoulder be pretty easy. 

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Good report. Hopefully the pass rush plays disciplined and doesn’t get too sack-hungry and lose contain. Let him try to beat us with his arm from the pocket and confuse him with looks rather than all-out blitzes, even as tempting as it is with that o-line. 

Make him throw and we'll be fine. He may move the ball at at times but his accuracy is not great.

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

More hard hitting analysis from Canada's backwater.
"If their starting qb goes down they're not as good"

Thanks, Blair. great work out there. Low level hack 

Yes, I read that and thought next up for Blair's reporting - "if humans don't get enough oxygen, they die", "water is wet" and other truisms.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yup...can here it now...not a true indicator of how good we are..we beat all bum teams...hahaha

Soooo, if all the other teams are bum teams and we beat them all, does that not still make us the best?

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Is Harris really that hurt? 

Timing seems odd. 

Bombers hurt QBs legally 

Harris IS a ***** 

Some former elk talked about if u hit Harris he folds.. I'd say it's true 

We didn't even have to hit him before he folded though... how's that for power from our D?

16 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

More hard hitting analysis from Canada's backwater.
"If their starting qb goes down they're not as good"

Thanks, Blair. great work out there. Low level hack 

The Riders starting QB has missed zero games.

Why are they acting like they have capable backups? Because Harker came in and threw 20 5 yard passes in a blow out?

Wasn't bringing those excuses when our starter and backup were out in 2019. Or 2018. 

******* clown 

Edited by Geebrr