"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I figured 5 wins in a 14 game season almost locks up a playoff spot as it is. At least in the East that’s a guaranteed playoff!

If crossover rules come into play, then a sweep of the Elks gets us to 8 wins, and Edmonton could not catch us, so we lock down 4th place. Assuming the 3rd place team in the East is no better than .500, we would get a playoff spot on those 3 wins alone. 

Now this game is definitely a trap. 😂

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If crossover rules come into play, then a sweep of the Elks gets us to 8 wins, and Edmonton could not catch us, so we lock down 4th place. Assuming the 3rd place team in the East is no better than .500, we would get a playoff spot on those 3 wins alone. 

If we get the 3 games against Edm, Riders cant catch us also since, they need to win 6 of their 9 remaining games to get ahead of us. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

34 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Getting way ahead of things here, if the Bombers sweep Edmonton and BC in their next 5, regardless of anything else that happens, they clinch a playoff spot. Add a Calgary loss anywhere in that time and we clinch a home game, add 2 Sask. losses and we clinch first place by game 11. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ehszpfzwhnyi1rk337

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, it's a neck injury, which he got last week. But, that wasn't disclosed in the injury report? I hope the Randy fines the Elks for this. 

No kidding, definitely needs to be reviewed. 

Also did he get the starter reps in practice until today? 

Weird if he did.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

No kidding, definitely needs to be reviewed. 

Also did he get the starter reps in practice until today? 

Weird if he did.

Yes, I think so. He left practice today. 

Apparently, he was cleared to practice. 

Tough case of Jeffitis. Clears up in four games, I think. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

So, it's a neck injury, which he got last week. But, that wasn't disclosed in the injury report? I hope the Randy fines the Elks for this. 

He may have been taking first team reps. If thats the case nothing will happen. If not then they should be fined. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/14/bombers-elks-injury-reports-harris-not-participate-tuesdays-practice/

Yep the tuesday practice has nothing about him on the mend. 

Normally I would be worried about a back up. But we've seen QB changes against our D this year. These guys should not fall for a trap, especially a rookie qb. 

As an OSU fan I have watched a fair bit of Taylor Cornelius, and even watched him in the XFL because he was OSU alumni. Here is the skinny based on what I have seen.  Strong arm and can really zing it. Accuracy a big time issue on anything outside the tackles. He will look to make hay in the middle and seams. BIG, and strong, and actually really mobile. Not an easy sack at all and a surprisingly effective runner. The Bombers DL need to wrap up on this guy. Interception prone as he telegraphs some passes but gets away with it a lot more than he should because of his arm strength.  When he's in a rhythm he can be very good, when he's bad...he's really bad. Bombers need to force him to make throws outside the hashmarks and not escaping the pocket by breaking tackles. That's my 2 cents based on what I've seen.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Getting way ahead of things here, if the Bombers sweep Edmonton and BC in their next 5, regardless of anything else that happens, they clinch a playoff spot. Add a Calgary loss anywhere in that time and we clinch a home game, add 2 Sask. losses and we clinch first place by game 11. 

Good to have another bye week at the end of the season like 2019....sort of bye week anyway...