"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Assuming DT Stove is back and K Mourtada comes in. DT Walker and LB Brown comes out for them.
Noah Hallett will probably back too probably Dheilly comes out for him. 
If Wilson is good to go too, who comes out, Rocquemore? 

I dont think they take rocq out for wilson. Probably antigha who has been moved back to Lber from de. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

You can be an accurate kicker from shorter/mid range and be effective.

You can't be short range distance  and inaccurate.

This guy was considered a steal by many, it has to be something mental. 

Nerves. He needs to find a way to calm himself before he kicks & focus on the task at hand. A player can be the most talented on the field at his position but if he worried about missing assignments or kicks then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you might miss you will. He needs to talk to kickers like Sean Whyte & Lewis Ward to get advice. Or the Bombers need to bring in a sports psychologist to work with him. 

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nerves. He needs to find a way to calm himself before he kicks & focus on the task at hand. A player can be the most talented on the field at his position but if he worried about missing assignments or kicks then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you might miss you will. He needs to talk to kickers like Sean Whyte & Lewis Ward to get advice. Or the Bombers need to bring in a sports psychologist to work with him. 

They should bring in Medlock to work with him for a while.

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

For medlock to come up here away from his family and self isolate n junk, they may as well pay him a kingly some to finish the season. 

Sorry, I should have been more specific… I didn’t mean for the team to bring him up here; just meet with him virtually or on the phone and discuss the mental side of the game.

10 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific… I didn’t mean for the team to bring him up here; just meet with him virtually or on the phone and discuss the mental side of the game.

That type of thing is really hard to learn or improve with out hands on long term access. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

On paper, the Ticats and Riders were the teams to beat this year. Then, the Bombers rolled them. I'll take our secondary over anyone's. 

Hilarious. Most teams are too busy running through that swiss cheese front of theirs to put up 300 yards. Ott almost beat them. Maier had no trouble with them. BLM looked bad and had no trouble with them. Theyve had a huge benefit of playing the most compromised passing games in the league thus far. Ott, nichol is crippled. Bc, Reillys arm looks like its gonna fall off. BLM, playing on a broken leg missing stuff thatd shock nichols. Mtl and cal hung 30 points on em. Which this year is like 50. Willy jefferson has as many picks as their whole team! 

The elk havent played any one yet, but theyre about to. 

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

SirVincent Rogers is back from injury, might suit up against the Bombers... not sure it will help them but it couldn't possibly make them any worse... Harris was getting hit a lot and not looking happy

Could be worse actually. Dude hasnt played since 18. 1 week of practice to get in shape and sharp after that long off is not realistic. Plus its a change on the OL. Those take time to show dividends. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Could be worse actually. Dude hasnt played since 18. 1 week of practice to get in shape and sharp after that long off is not realistic. Plus its a change on the OL. Those take time to show dividends. 

I guess I'm optimistic that even a rusty 35 year old former All-Star and MOL could only be better than either of those American tackles they're trying out. Renfrow was part of that awful 2019 BC Oline and Wesley is not looking like the NFL caliber tackle he was supposed to be. Whatever the case, I suspect the Jeffs will be running circles around whoever they trot out