Obscure moments and players in Bombers history

Arnold_Palmer

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Oh that one I remember very well. I had 2 season tickets that year and no one wanted to go. Bunch of candies made of sugar. I sat in my trenchcoat under the upper deck canopy and watched the kids on the rotating swings melt in their seats as the EX was on in the parking lot. I thought that was earlier in the year and just an exhibition game. players were standing on top of the bench except some guys who were doing slip and slides. 

You know, I think it was an exhibition game, your probably correct. Yet at that time the Red River Ex was on as it straddled June and Canada Day. During the great Bomber years of the 80’s the games were a punaany feast. 

12 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Anyone remember the year we brought in a bunch of young hot shot QBs? I swear there were four of them and there was a giant splash in the paper.

Terry Dean? Steve Pelleur? Others?

Did I make this up? Possibly.

Oh God, they were backups to Sammy Garza. There is no reason I should remember those names.

95.  Kevin McDougal from Notre Dame and  Shawn Moore from UVA too.  Added Reggie Slack after he got cut from Birmingham like 3-4 games in.

Stegall's rookie year, 2nd half of 95.  Crazy to think what he did with the first 4-5 years of his career being a total revolving door of QB's.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

95.  Kevin McDougal from Notre Dame and  Shawn Moore from UVA too.  Added Reggie Slack after he got cut from Birmingham like 3-4 games in.

Stegall's rookie year, 2nd half of 95.  Crazy to think what he did with the first 4-5 years of his career being a total revolving door of QB's.

Shawn Moore! That is the other one I couldn't remember.

9 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The man who ended Jesse Lumsden's career. I still have nightmares of the game in Aug 2007 against Hamilton. Ill never forget it was Neil McKinlay's first(and last) start at linebacker, and Jesse Lumsden turned him into a clown shoe rushing for like 2414145 yards that game. I think he had two 50+ yard TD runs in that game IIRC. They were a 3-15 team that year but b****-slapped us that game.

2,414,145 yards in a single game? Didn't even work up a sweat.

10 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m 30 years old I can pretty much guarantee you hardly anyone under the age of 30 cares too much about CFL football it’s too bad. They really need to start catering to young people. With the rise of fantasy football and how huge the NFL name is a lot of people are more interested in the NFL these days.

When I was 30 those funny things that fly... with wings... were called aeroplanes. And they were cranked by hand & the guy yelled "CONTACT!!" ;)

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The man who ended Jesse Lumsden's career. I still have nightmares of the game in Aug 2007 against Hamilton. Ill never forget it was Neil McKinlay's first(and last) start at linebacker, and Jesse Lumsden turned him into a clown shoe rushing for like 2414145 yards that game. I think he had two 50+ yard TD runs in that game IIRC. They were a 3-15 team that year but b****-slapped us that game.

Here be the highlights if you want.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I liked Kevin McDougall for some reason, can't really recall why.

Milt in 97 1616 yards, 14 tds, 26.5 yards per catch with Vargas and McDougall at QB and no other recieving threat is remarkable. MOP really.

Stegall was the GOAT and he played with crappy quarterbacks the majority of his career. His 2002 season with nearly 1900 yards and 23 touchdowns is just insane. Don’t think I ever remember him even dropping a single ball until his last season. 

5 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Stegall was the GOAT and he played with crappy quarterbacks the majority of his career. His 2002 season with nearly 1900 yards and 23 touchdowns is just insane. Don’t think I ever remember him even dropping a single ball until his last season. 

He always seemed to make at least one big play in almost every game he played. And to put up his numbers with a lot of scrub qbs on some bad, bad football teams is incredible. 

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Just imagine him playing on a team with Collaros and our lord and savior Brandon Banks in their prime.

Prime milt, with this collaros would be terrifying. Often over looked is during milts tenure not only did we have a lot of poor qbing, but our OLs were as bad or worse for the most part. 

Id take lucky over banks. I think banks is heavily a product of a system. They scheme getting the ball in his hands with easy touches, in space with blockers etc a lot. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He was a load, no doubt. 6'2ish, 225lbs, and could run a 4.4 forty. Just couldnt stay healthy.

Watching him run in the CIS was bananas. 

I wonder where matt sheridan is now. What a lunch pail guy that was. Came in as a 400lbs dl and ended up being a solid guard for a while. Hope hes kept weight off. 

Brett macneil on one side at like 265, and sheridan at like 370 on the other. I believe at the same time as we had that PR pick up center who was 6'11 and like 350 too.