Week 6 thoughts and review

Nolby

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He said it on Derek Taylor's radio show "Sportscage" yesterday.

to clarify my comment.....I was  not doubting your post.

if he did send some kind of request, about a play, I am surprised.

but he is currying favour with sask fans.  

I always mute any games he broadcasts.

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

tell me this isn't true?...he did yammer on about it tho...even into the 3rd quarter...guys a knob

I'm not too worried about Wilder...we will handle him.... I can see him coming down with an "injury" part way through the game if he is being pummelled...which I am sure will happen as he will be getting hit alot...and hard

If he starts flexing after three yard gains we know we're handling him.

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

How the hell is a colour commentator (an absolutely horrible one) allowed to send a clip of anything from a game to anyone, regarding discipline??

I think people might be mis-interpreting what's being done. Suitor, as someone who has to talk about this stuff on the air, just wants clarification from the league as to why the decision was made (or not made) so he can talk about it on TV. This isn't about "I'm trying to get Harris suspended"....it's just an info grab so he can talk about it on the air. I don't have a problem with that. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Glen Suitor has sent a request to the league explaining why Harris wasn't kicked out of the game.

He did not send one in requesting an explanation for why Micah Johnson's ghost was not kicked out of the game for facemasking and throwing punches.

I am also submitting video tape of the game for scientific research because we have video evidence of Micah Johnson's ghost. 

There's only one ghost and he ain't it.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think people might be mis-interpreting what's being done. Suitor, as someone who has to talk about this stuff on the air, just wants clarification from the league as to why the decision was made (or not made) so he can talk about it on TV. This isn't about "I'm trying to get Harris suspended"....it's just an info grab so he can talk about it on the air. I don't have a problem with that. 

While I do agree with you. I know he is going to go on and on about it this up coming week.

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hear you, but my following questions to him would be:

Have you ever inquired about dubious penalty calls before this (VAJ vs. Biggy for a contextual example)?

Why did you choose to mention it on a Sasky radio program instead of a broader messenger (TSN)?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It is, but he isn't asking for one for Micah Johnson. Why? 

He was pulling Harris around by the face mask. How come we counted about 4 Rider helmets coming off the week before from just game play? Maybe they should learn to put them on properly. 

Micah Johnson also decided to go after Demski fron behind. 

Where is the outrage for the dirty player going from player to player being dirty?

Collaros was right, just the Riders doing the dirty **** they do.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

^^ all fair statements for sure......nobody can ever doubt what an unreal Riders homer he is. 

Literally used the word "we" when talking about the Riders the week before on Sportscage.

BTW he also acknowledged that throwing a punch is in the rules to get ejected. Derek Taylor said that Johnson should have been tossed based on that, Suitor basically ignored it.

He then went in a line by line break down of the official rule he thought should have ejected Harris and made his case.

I wish I was kidding. He claims he is neutral repeatedly. Ok, Glen.:rolleyes:

Suitor is a rider hack.....It's so obvious and he slips up from time to time in the broadcast exposing his bias....I think he still thinks he's a rider db .....Message to Suits.....get off of the rider wagon and maybe consider giving the homer telecasts a miss.....your rider underwear is showing

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BTW he also acknowledged that throwing a punch is in the rules to get ejected. Derek Taylor said that Johnson should have been tossed based on that, Suitor basically ignored it.

He then went in a line by line break down of the official rule he thought should have ejected Harris and made his case.

I wish I was kidding. He claims he is neutral repeatedly. Ok, Glen.:rolleyes:

Yeah not sure why they dont put him out to pasture now..he offers nothing, and his way of "explaining" things comes across as talking down to the viewers almost like they are complete bafoons and clueless, and generally it's just his opinion too...guys a joke

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Oh okay, that makes more sense and I don’t have a problem with that.  He still stinks though. 😁

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

yeah, dude is a journalist, or is at least journalist-adjacent.  I'm actually curious what the league says about any controversial officiating decision, so good on him.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I wish Forde would do the Bomber games. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rod Smith and Matty are the best team that TSN has right now and it ain't close.  Rod drily tells you what happens and then Matty hypes the living **** out of the play or calls bullshit on it.  It's a great dynamic. 

Farhan Lalji wasn't too bad with Dunigan either last weekend.

I think the new guy Dustin Neilson is pretty good too but I don't think he and Dunigan would work well together.  too much of the same kind of energy.

Edited by johnzo