3 stars plus hh banjo blowout

wbbfan

0Honorable mentions to Harris had some tough runs inside didn't get a lot of help  from our play call today. 

Mayor Jefferson 2 sacks and a ff. Just expect it from him especially during the bjb

All the wrs played well.

Les Maruo is where Hansen was in 19 on teams. 

Nick Taylor was banged up on the first drive. Shoe and tape Off looking at his ankle. He limped a bit through out the game but toughed it out and played well. 

Walker was doing great shedding blocks and making tackles. 

Nichols and ba. Made a lot of tackles on a Night we struggled to tackle. Two of the best dbs this year. Consider its Nichols first year that's very impressive. 

1. Bighill critical turnover, sack, the QB on D. He plays everywhere.

2. Collaros. 18/22.  He always finds a guy open. 

3. Demski. 130 yards receiving with the majority yac.

HH. McGuire. Does what he’s suppose to do. TD’s, holds, surprise pass huge gain on 2nd and 1, and oh yeah, more TD’s. 

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

1. Bighill critical turnover, sack, the QB on D. He plays everywhere.

2. Collaros. 18/22.  He always finds a guy open. 

3. Demski. 130 yards receiving with the majority yac.

HH. McGuire. Does what he’s suppose to do. TD’s, holds, surprise pass huge gain on 2nd and 1, and oh yeah, more TD’s. 

And Bighill’s INT wasn’t the usual gift wrapped ones LB’s usually get. It was a beaut. 

I love the Banjo Bowl. The atmosphere and volume is amazing. My ears are still ringing!!

1. Collaros. He can play. How many years has it been since we had a qb as good as him? 

2. Willy J. Beast mode.

3. Mike Miller Mr. everything....offence, special teams monster.

HH Hansen. Need to see more of him.Sack today and great on specials

1. Lawler. Best receiver in the CFL.

2. Nic Demski. dangerous with the football whenever he touches it.

3. Zach Collaros. I haven't had this much fun watching a Bomber QB since Matt Dunigan & before that, Tom Clements. 

HH: Our two D Ends. Like Freddie Mercury & David Bowie used to sing, "Under Pressure", Fajardo will be dreaming about our Front Seven in his sleep. Our DL beat the snot out of Fajardo both games & finally took him out of the game. Even though, I don't like seeing Fajardo get hurt, our defense still imposed it's will on the Riders offense. It was great to see. Even bringing Powell into the game as a runner to slow down the rush didn't help. 

16 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Just a honk to Buck Pierce. He made adjustments that made them pay for focussing on Harris. 

The longer the season goes on I feel like Pierce is really coming into his own and working with the players he has. He's giving Collaros the options to make plays with his receivers and it's working very well. Still keeping the running game heavily involved.  really seems to be letting receivers show their ability compared to previous years. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The longer the season goes on I feel like Pierce is really coming into his own and working with the players he has. He's giving Collaros the options to make plays with his receivers and it's working very well. Still keeping the running game heavily involved.  really seems to be letting receivers show their ability compared to previous years. 

Hes doing well with letting the pass game evolve to fit our strengths. But our run game needs adjustments badly. We have run the most for the lowest YPC in the league. We need to start using harris in more creative ways. Running the same inside zone look in every obvious running down is just getting him hammered.  We've also havent used the jet sweep effectively at all this year. Under plop thats how we kept defenses from cheating inside too much. That and the screens and releases to harris. 

Especially with the hole our special teams is leaving us in in terms of field position, we cant afford to lose the effectiveness of our run game. We can clearly see our OL and harris still have it. Buck needs to improve the play call. I can sit and watch the game at home or in the stands and call the run play pre snap 8 out of 10 times. The opposition Ds are very near 10 out of 10 in knowing its coming. And they arent getting busted for cheating so they just keep hammering us. 

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'm thinking that you are giving Pierce credit more so then Collaros.   The difference is Zach keeps his eyes down field and will (and can) throw with zip to receivers in coverage and who are more then 10 yards away.  It's a QB thing  more then a coach thing.

Pierce has called less fancy plays then LaPo which I approve of.  

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

100% agree... he's calling a game to Collaros strengths, utilizing the run and throwing in enough gadget plays to keep teams off balance - really liked the back to back Demski catches on strong and then weak side

Getting repetitive I guess but...

1. Front seven - Bighill, WJ, JJ, Hansen - they would use up the top spots so I'll just credit the D

2. Demski, Wolitarski - Cdns who are both difference makers - both really hitting their stride as blockers

3. Collaros - nice to have a QB finally, Mcguire had a real nice throw

HH - Dheilly - I have never seen a guy so jacked up for his first special teams assignment/tackle haha

HH2 - Alexander - you can see it more live how he is coaching our DBs out there 

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm thinking that you are giving Pierce credit more so then Collaros.   The difference is Zach keeps his eyes down field and will (and can) throw with zip to receivers in coverage and who are more then 10 yards away.  It's a QB thing  more then a coach thing.

Pierce has called less fancy plays then LaPo which I approve of.  

No I am a fan of what collaros is doing, but the coach is putting the receivers in a position to make catches in zones for his qb. did you want any of Ottawa last night? How many times did you see the receivers for ottawa stop and wait for a pass to let the dbs comes downhill on them? Lapo doesn't do his receivers any favours when going in the intermediate routes. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Hes doing well with letting the pass game evolve to fit our strengths. But our run game needs adjustments badly. We have run the most for the lowest YPC in the league. We need to start using harris in more creative ways. Running the same inside zone look in every obvious running down is just getting him hammered.  We've also havent used the jet sweep effectively at all this year. Under plop thats how we kept defenses from cheating inside too much. That and the screens and releases to harris. 

Especially with the hole our special teams is leaving us in in terms of field position, we cant afford to lose the effectiveness of our run game. We can clearly see our OL and harris still have it. Buck needs to improve the play call. I can sit and watch the game at home or in the stands and call the run play pre snap 8 out of 10 times. The opposition Ds are very near 10 out of 10 in knowing its coming. And they arent getting busted for cheating so they just keep hammering us. 

As success with the longer passes increases, teams will be less inclined to put 7 or 8 men in the box

The Riders were committed to stopping the run, but the Bombers made them pay for it

And Andrew Harris still got 80 yards. 

Next game in Edmonton is going to very interesting - I'm very much looking forward to it...