GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

20 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Uhm, so, to clarify- you think a lot of arguments  continue JUST because your name is attached and not because you take a contrarian view on most things and double down on it? 

Kicker situation.... have at it.

Someone on here said that a player should have been thrown out for an arm bar on the sidelines because it could have broken his arm. Folks rightly left the comment alone. If I'd typed that, I doubt the same 3 or 4 guys would have left it alone, so yes, sometimes it's JUST about my name.

Most times it's about my opinion on the few, not most, things we disagree on like 2 specific penalties in the last few games. It may seem like lots of differences because the stupid arguments go on and on.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Someone on here said that a player should have been thrown out for an arm bar on the sidelines because it could have broken his arm. Folks rightly left the comment alone. If I'd typed that, I doubt the same 3 or 4 guys would have left it alone, so yes, sometimes it's JUST about my name.

Most times it's about my opinion on the few, not most, things we disagree on like 2 specific penalties in the last few games. It may seem like lots of differences because the stupid arguments go on and on.

Cool- thanks for the reply.

I agree with you somewhat- there are countless times I see your Avatar pop up on the left side in a thread and I'm all, " Ah ****, here we go... heheheh" fully expecting a ****-tonne of replies to your post quoted in it. I am right ~85% time. 

I think that is different than its the fact you take an "unpopular" stance on things- get the usual reactions and then double down. 

I agree though,  it looks like your name alone continue arguments and draws out many debates here. 

Gotta say, you are a legend around these and other Blue Bomber Boards. 👍👍

So far, I am pleased to read that the disagreements have been reasonably civil on this forum, and I hope it continues- the ad hominem postings add nothing to the debates and serve only to turn people off.  Similarly, every win ought to be celebrated, but let us keep in mind that we are unlikely to go undefeated for the rest of the season.

Edited by Tracker

51 minutes ago, Tracker said:

So far, I am pleased to read that the disagreements have been reasonably civil on this forum, and I hope it continues- the ad hominem postings ad nothing to the debates and serve only to turn people off.  Similarly, every win ought to be celebrated, but let us keep in mind that we are unlikely to go undefeated for the rest of the season.

BLASPHEMY!!!!

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Wrong again. It's not your name, it's your attitude. Most of the time I look at the poster after reading the post. You act like your opinions are gospel which is why people argue with you. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Cool- thanks for the reply.

I agree with you somewhat- there are countless times I see your Avatar pop up on the left side in a thread and I'm all, " Ah ****, here we go... heheheh" fully expecting a ****-tonne of replies to your post quoted in it. I am right ~85% time. 

I think that is different than its the fact you take an "unpopular" stance on things- get the usual reactions and then double down. 

I agree though,  it looks like your name alone continue arguments and draws out many debates here. 

Gotta say, you are a legend around these and other Blue Bomber Boards. 👍👍

That’s a pretty accurate post. And when one poster actually argued about TBurg’s stance that Harris should have been kicked out and said (paraphrasing) “I think it should be an ejection, but it’s so on brand for you to be anti-Bomber” then they basically admitted they agreed with him but didn’t like that it was him that said it. Still, TBurg does know how to push buttons and the doubling down sometimes leads to exaggeration and loss of credibility for the original point - at least to these eyes. Give credit where credit is due though, was correct to express concern about Liegghio being handed the kicking job uncontested in camp. Hopefully the robust debates can continue without name-calling, knee jerk reactions, faux bullying, and can focus on the issue and not the poster. Also hope if a line gets crossed (it’s an internet opinion blog, expect it at some point) we can all have thicker skin. 

Peace out, we’re 6-1, and TLDR. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wrong again. It's not your name, it's your attitude. Most of the time I look at the poster after reading the post. You act like your opinions are gospel which is why people argue with you. 

I don’t totally buy that. Others post negative things and can get pretty hardened in their stances too, but they don’t take the vitriol TBurg does, and often right off the bat (“of course you’d think that”), or get labelled a contrarian as quickly. Having said that, I don’t think anyone is as CONSISTENTLY oppositional as TBurg seems to be, so maybe there is a reflexive need to be bothered by it since we know what is coming. Not sure I’d call it attitude, but that’s a semantic issue. Sometimes it would be nice to see either side walk away from the argument rather than doubling down, but hey, it’s the internet. 

On 2021-09-18 at 9:28 AM, TBURGESS said:

Adams should have been thrown out and he was given a 1 game suspension for the play. Hope you're not suggesting that Harris should have received a one game suspension too. ;)

Ooooo he got paid to play (Sarcastically)

I don't start attacks. I don't back down either. I simply said that I'd have thrown Harris out. It could have died right there, but I was asked why, so I posted the rule and why I thought it applied in this case. Could have died there too and I'd have been quite happy with that. You're the one who took it to the personal level because I didn't agree with your opinion which you backed up with 'rules' that don't exist. When that didn't work, you went with your usual 'I used to be someone' schtick. To which I said 'so what?'.

I don't need to hear my own voice. I don't need to relive my past glories. I don't expect my opinion to be the end of all arguments. I don't get upset when others disagree with me. I think you're projecting your own insecurities onto me.

Man, all you do is talk about yourself. Do you sleep with a mirror on the ceiling over your bed as well? 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, all you do is talk about yourself. Do you sleep with a mirror on the ceiling over your bed as well? 

Pfft, mirrors.... they drop and kill you in your sleep.

My narcissism demands only the best- that's why I got a full body pillow with my gorgeous likeness printed on it.

customized-bolster-pillow-955936_l.jpeg?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, Sard said:

As an outside 3rd party to this, I would argue that you restarted it/had to get the last word in with your "Happy to oblige." comment.

I disagree for what it's worth. That was just 17 and I finishing the subject, not starting anything back up again.