GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Aside from bighill last year, and the stamps (i think) play this year, it actually happened involving us and toronto in the first game. Ricky collins JR had his helmet ripped off and no flag, no fine, nothing. 

Some people are just contrarians. If every one in the group is saying its not an ejection you have the village idiot who will say other wise. They'd rather take drugs for horses, shoot up bleach and rinse with isopropyl than admit that every one who has taken the vaccine and is fine isnt lying, and neither are the doctors or the numbers of none vaxxed in hospitals. 

Nothing wrong with a contrarian... as a matter of fact, I think it's good for the discussion... but when your argument is "my opinion is more right than yours and you just think your the smartest (because your background suggests you actually are) because you played"... not much to work with there...

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Nothing wrong with a contrarian... as a matter of fact, I think it's good for the discussion... but when your argument is "my opinion is more right than yours and you just think your the smartest (because your background suggests you actually are) because you played"... not much to work with there...

Advocatus diaboli, the office of the devils advocate, can be useful. But the thing about pure contrarians is they dont present facts or counter arguments most of the time. Usually denial of the assertion is confused with evidence to them. "No you prove its not true!" type of thing. 

That does make for an un interesting fruitless argument for sure. But thats the extent of what you usually get from contrarians, or people just being contrary for the sake of it. 

Opinions in sports are often quickly formed and seldom lack the drive to run counter to any one elses opinion, no matter their validity. But the difference in opinion between people who watch the ball, and people who watch the play is tremendous. People who dont have dont any significant time studying game film have a gigantic disadvantage. The books "how to watch a football game" and "Take your eye off the ball" can open that door as well. 

I dont always agree with posters on here who have a high football knowledge and experience base. But I do understand that they are far different than people who make assertions based on chasing the ball with their eyes.

Like people early this year, and all of 2019 who swore up and down that bighill had lost a step and was too slow to accomplish much. Now hes dropping deep, covering wrs, all around the ball and that talk is gone. Now they see him central to the play. Virtually all the experienced, knowledgeable posters shot this assertation down immediately.  Despite some holding pretty far opposing views in other areas. 

Ill take the word of any one who clearly has 1000+, or 500+ hours of time studying game film at any organized level over any one who doesnt every single time. Wont be right every single time, but they will be a big majority of the time. 

Edited by wbbfan

50 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Heeeey... I resemble that remark!

😁

lol...oh yeah eh?...but u act like a true fan tho...so u all good my friend

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Advocatus diaboli, the office of the devils advocate, can be useful. But the thing about pure contrarians is they dont present facts or counter arguments most of the time. Usually denial of the assertion is confused with evidence to them. "No you prove its not true!" type of thing. 

That does make for an un interesting fruitless argument for sure. But thats the extent of what you usually get from contrarians, or people just being contrary for the sake of it. 

Opinions in sports are often quickly formed and seldom lack the drive to run counter to any one elses opinion, no matter their validity. But the difference in opinion between people who watch the ball, and people who watch the play is tremendous. People who dont have dont any significant time studying game film have a gigantic disadvantage. The books "how to watch a football game" and "Take your eye off the ball" can open that door as well. 

I dont always agree with posters on here who have a high football knowledge and experience base. But I do understand that they are far different than people who make assertions based on chasing the ball with their eyes.

Like people early this year, and all of 2019 who swore up and down that bighill had lost a step and was too slow to accomplish much. Now hes dropping deep, covering wrs, all around the ball and that talk is gone. Now they see him central to the play. Virtually all the experienced, knowledgeable posters shot this assertation down immediately.  Despite some holding pretty far opposing views in other areas. 

Ill take the word of any one who clearly has 1000+, or 500+ hours of time studying game film at any organized level over any one who doesnt every single time. Wont be right every single time, but they will be a big majority of the time. 

I had said all 2019 that he played wounded all year, and watched him train pre/post 2019 and how he adjusted things and switched things up, and knew damn well this year he would be lights out

He totally did a 180 for what his training philosophy and goals were, and that probably just added a god 2 to 3 years to his career

Just now, Booch said:

I had said all 2019 that he played wounded all year, and watched him train pre/post 2019 and how he adjusted things and switched things up, and knew damn well this year he would be lights out

He totally did a 180 for what his training philosophy and goals were, and that probably just added a god 2 to 3 years to his career

Probable, but at the same time, being run head long into an OL on the huge majority of snaps isnt gonna do much for your health, longevity or efficacy. When he was put in a position to make plays in 2019 he made some big ones. 

53 minutes ago, Booch said:

All this from a dude that also took a massive financial haircut from his existing contract this year. 

22 hours ago, JCon said:

Vernon Adams not only ripped a helmet off but also swung it at a player. He was not thrown out. 

I hope you're done now. 

Adams should have been thrown out and he was given a 1 game suspension for the play. Hope you're not suggesting that Harris should have received a one game suspension too. ;)

21 hours ago, Booch said:

yup..thats it....and I got payed to play btw so thanks very much...also had all my schooling and 2 degrees paid for from playing....wasn't a high school peaker haha....I think thats you...and from sounds of your constant complaining and attacking of others, prob missed any peak hahah...just a wanna be fanboi...who likes to hear his own voice....and this is your only platform to be heard...sad...very sad...lol

Ooooo he got paid to play (Sarcastically)

I don't start attacks. I don't back down either. I simply said that I'd have thrown Harris out. It could have died right there, but I was asked why, so I posted the rule and why I thought it applied in this case. Could have died there too and I'd have been quite happy with that. You're the one who took it to the personal level because I didn't agree with your opinion which you backed up with 'rules' that don't exist. When that didn't work, you went with your usual 'I used to be someone' schtick. To which I said 'so what?'.

I don't need to hear my own voice. I don't need to relive my past glories. I don't expect my opinion to be the end of all arguments. I don't get upset when others disagree with me. I think you're projecting your own insecurities onto me.

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Adams should have been thrown out and he was given a 1 game suspension for the play. Hope you're not suggesting that Harris should have received a one game suspension too. ;)

If Harris took the helmet and swing at a player then yes he should have been suspended.

But that didn't happen. Let's face it, you are out to lunch on this argument. Could he have been ejected? Sure if the refs wanted to be really strict, but it's not automatic and they felt it wasn't warranted.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Ooooo he got paid to play (Sarcastically)

I don't start attacks. I don't back down either. I simply said that I'd have thrown Harris out. It could have died right there, but I was asked why, so I posted the rule and why I thought it applied in this case. Could have died there too and I'd have been quite happy with that. You're the one who took it to the personal level because I didn't agree with your opinion which you backed up with 'rules' that don't exist. When that didn't work, you went with your usual 'I used to be someone' schtick. To which I said 'so what?'.

I don't need to hear my own voice. I don't need to relive my past glories. I don't expect my opinion to be the end of all arguments. I don't get upset when others disagree with me. I think you're projecting your own insecurities onto me.

You know, if you’d have left out that last sentence, then I might have bought that “I don’t know why people get upset with me” line. But whether or not you start it by turning arguments into personal shots (and I for one - and I am fairly certain I am in the vast minority here- don’t think you do, at least a decent portion of the time), you do perpetuate it with stuff like this, which sabotages your own argument and turns the debates into a noise fest. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

I will say this 

Reading Mr Burgess posts... 

I see the letter I a ******* lot 

Just saying. Maybe it's that but really..  it seems to be pretty personal between a couple of you.. I personally don't know you guys or maybe anyone on here or maybe I do, I don't know but in certain posts.. yeah.. it seems a few of you know each other irl otherwise it's like being pissed or upset by wrestling... fake outrage

The ppl I know would probably take it as a joke.. a few take it very serious like they know each other irl and maybe don't like each other  

Edited by Goalie

On 2021-09-17 at 11:56 AM, JCon said:

Vernon Adams not only ripped a helmet off but also swung it at a player. He was not thrown out. 

I hope you're done now. 

Ha! The clown show never ends.

23 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Adams was suspended because he swung a helmet at an opposing player. Don't be obtuse.

Also, the glaring lack of self-awareness in that last bolded paragraph is priceless.

They're still talking about the Harris face mask on TV last night, a week after the fact. Naylor said it will be discussed off season as an automatic DQ. The current rules allow for it to be a DQ but not an automatic one.

I know why people get upset at me. I never pretended not to. That doesn't mean I start arguments or that I go personal first. If my name wasn't attached to a lot of arguments, folks would just let it go.

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wish our d would all flex at him when they stopped him each time. 

Wilder sure did not enjoy the physicality we brought to the game. 

Despite Wilder being a jackhole, he is physically talented and probably the best pure running back in the league. Others are a better package of running, blocking and catching, and I would not want him on my team, but he is what he is.

31 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Despite Wilder being a jackhole, he is physically talented and probably the best pure running back in the league. Others are a better package of running, blocking and catching, and I would not want him on my team, but he is what he is.

He's not the best pure rb in the league. He's not half as good as stanback or Harris. He can't block and runs upright as hell he can break arm tackles but can't move the pile. 

He's good at getting yards in bursts. He isn't a threat to score from any where though. And he can't churn 5 yards per touch with out big gains. That value is extremely low. Because you get a lot of 2nd and longs and go 2 and out a lot. 

He doesn't help his team win. He's the most over rated guy in the league. One of the lowest value rbs. You can't even kill the clock with him at the end of the game. 

Harris stanback Whyte Carey and foster are the top in the league in no order. 

Hes a guy who should go to the xfl or one of the possible spring leagues. He'd be more valuable in the 4 down game. In the 3 down game a back who gets caught for nothing soo frequently is some one you can't win with. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

If my name wasn't attached to a lot of arguments, folks would just let it go.

Uhm, so, to clarify- you think a lot of arguments  continue JUST because your name is attached and not because you take a contrarian view on most things and double down on it? 

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe since they are doing so well, we only have each other to complain about. 

Kicker situation.... have at it.