GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Lots of outcry on RF re Harris staying in the game. Lol.

Willy is the mayor of swaggerville but Harris is the mayor of riderville. He owns that $%@£ they can't talk football with out his name in their mouth. 

Just like we broke Brandon Banks and the ticats Harris broke criederville. And I love it. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He doesn't do that more than grant or any good returner. He's the worst return man in the league. The no yards here n there don't come close to making up for that. 

I am concerned that Nelson is becoming so psyched out that the stress is going to start making him distracted from ball security and cough up the ball under dire circumstances,

Edited by Tracker

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am concerned that Nelson is becoming so psyched out that the stress is going to start making him distracted from ball security and cough up the ball under dire circumstances,

I can't say what it is. But it looks like he plays scared. His lack of production is crazy. If he fumbles atleast he will get the boot. I worry about us sticking with him for an extended period and constantly starting under the shadow of our own goal posts. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Lots of outcry on RF re Harris staying in the game. Lol.

Maybe if the Riders were more disciplined and didn’t need to start fights they wouldn’t have had 2 players ejected 🤷‍♂️ 

We also don’t know what was said on the field or in the pile which also maybe have played into the penalties and ejections. 

After watching the replays Harris probably should have been ejected as well. But not a chance it changes the outcome of the game. 

Tbh RE: Harris ejection, it seems there are two sets of rules for players... If you are an All Star (i.e. Harris) you aren't gonna get ejected. What he did definitely warranted it.

Reminds me of Vernon Adams Jr. Attempting to hit Bighill with his helmet last year when Montreal came back against us and we lost in spectacular fashion (but also clinched a playoff spot)

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Tbh RE: Harris ejection, it seems there are two sets of rules for players... If you are an All Star (i.e. Harris) you aren't gonna get ejected. What he did definitely warranted it.

Reminds me of Vernon Adams Jr. Attempting to hit Bighill with his helmet last year when Montreal came back against us and we lost in spectacular fashion (but also clinched a playoff spot)

I dont know how you can refer to that play and claim a double standard? VAJ was NOT a star and really still isnt, and that play was far worse. The swing of the helmet is what got him suspended. Its clearly written that swinging at some one will get you ejected.

We see helmets pulled off by face masks a couple times a year. Fact is, helmets are seldom strapped on tightly these days. We see helmets go flying or hit the ground every 2 or 3 plays. 

Face masking is NOT an ejection, face masking and some ones helmet coming off is also not an ejection. Its pretty clear tbh. 

The riders were piling on harris, who never touched the ball, took him to the ground and were on him trying to injure him long after the play was whistled. He had to struggle to get up and the rider went after him as soon as he was up. If it happened on the street itd be pure self defense. 

The attack on demski shouldve been ejected. That was an attempt to injure. The riders also tried to go after WJ right after the sack that knocked fajardo out of the game. If willy had been a lone, or had not run to celebrate that OL wouldve clocked him from behind. Thomas stopped the cheap shot. They were still going at it when brady was in and ran all over them. This was 100% a riders instigated fight. 3 riders should be suspended, and maybe dicker too. He has failed to assert control over his teams actions the entire year. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I don't understand this. When has pulling a helmet off resulted in an ejection? 

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hopefully, Grant is back sooner than later. Nelson ain't it.

Grant would be huge to get back soon. Plus his speed could be a serious aid rotating in the offense too. Im hoping he's heathly soon and able to practice for the bye week and be 100% for the game after.  

Since we signed namaan all the wrs have stepped up. They were all like oh cool, but I dont wanna be the one to go out for him. Darvin looked a lot better in the bjb, I think he just came back too soon and wasnt 100%. Next couple weeks I think he will settle in with zach and start being the deep threat he was a couple years ago. The bad penalties away from the play, some poor blocking, a lot of drops all seem to be heavily improved. 

Nothing can motivate and focus young pro's like bringing in a seasoned vet to compete for their job. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't understand this. When has pulling a helmet off resulted in an ejection? 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I dont know how you can refer to that play and claim a double standard?

Alright well, won't be the first time I was dead wrong on this forum and certainly won't be the last. I'll own it though and say I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I dont know how you can refer to that play and claim a double standard? VAJ was NOT a star and really still isnt, and that play was far worse. The swing of the helmet is what got him suspended. Its clearly written that swinging at some one will get you ejected.

We see helmets pulled off by face masks a couple times a year. Fact is, helmets are seldom strapped on tightly these days. We see helmets go flying or hit the ground every 2 or 3 plays. 

Face masking is NOT an ejection, face masking and some ones helmet coming off is also not an ejection. Its pretty clear tbh. 

The riders were piling on harris, who never touched the ball, took him to the ground and were on him trying to injure him long after the play was whistled. He had to struggle to get up and the rider went after him as soon as he was up. If it happened on the street itd be pure self defense. 

The attack on demski shouldve been ejected. That was an attempt to injure. The riders also tried to go after WJ right after the sack that knocked fajardo out of the game. If willy had been a lone, or had not run to celebrate that OL wouldve clocked him from behind. Thomas stopped the cheap shot. They were still going at it when brady was in and ran all over them. This was 100% a riders instigated fight. 3 riders should be suspended, and maybe dicker too. He has failed to assert control over his teams actions the entire year. 

no respect for Dickenson....from his team obviously on how they play undisciplined...and from me for his lavck of ownership, as well as his comment on the A.C Leonard piss test excuse...like really???

As for the melee...was a blow over effect of the cheap **** the riders were doing last game in the pile....and if u watch the gutless stuff going on...watch Micha Johnson trying to punch a Bomber pinned under a pile...and not ejected for that..don't see the Riders fans whining about that blatant omission. He should have been tossed...threw 2 or 3 under the pile

What Harris did isn't disqualification worthy...it's in the rules balck and white...If he swung it or threw it at him sure...but didnt...and even in that incident Johnson was trying to take a swing at him as well....

Just now, Booch said:

no respect for Dickenson....from his team obviously on how they play undisciplined...and from me for his lavck of ownership, as well as his comment on the A.C Leonard piss test excuse...like really???

As for the melee...was a blow over effect of the cheap **** the riders were doing last game in the pile....and if u watch the gutless stuff going on...watch Micha Johnson trying to punch a Bomber pinned under a pile...and not ejected for that..don't see the Riders fans whining about that blatant omission. He should have been tossed...threw 2 or 3 under the pile

What Harris did isn't disqualification worthy...it's in the rules balck and white...If he swung it or threw it at him sure...but didnt...and even in that incident Johnson was trying to take a swing at him as well....

100%. Some guys may grow into being a head coach, but dickenson is too fatally flawed. He isnt a leader and you cant make him one. He's like the anti maas, but they are soo opposite they have the same effect in the end. Maas is un disciplined wild and angry. Dickenson is undisciplined and kind of a slimy little guy with out a solid fiber in his being. 

Coaches should always be held to some extent responsible for melee's. Much more so when that coach is negligent in team discipline continually.