GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

7 hours ago, Nolby said:

Talking about olayers needing to sharpen their IQ,calling out specific veterans for offsides,but at least he did say we're the class of the league and it ain't even close .

Interesting thing about the offsides that no one has mentioned yet… the riders lined up offside on ALL FOUR bomber short yardage plunges… the three TDs and one 3rd and short… how can you possibly keep screwing that up?!

36 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Interesting thing about the offsides that no one has mentioned yet… the riders lined up offside on ALL FOUR bomber short yardage plunges… the three TDs and one 3rd and short… how can you possibly keep screwing that up?!

Watermelon wasn't cut big enough. No blood to head. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

The same marginal 34 year old Canadian DT took 6 offsides penalties yesterday.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Look at all the Rider games and the DLine offsides they get...it's astonishing...that..and all the selfish undisciplined play/penalties...that's a poorly coached team ..inmates running the asylum there.

On a different Note...the tsn panel... particularly Barker (whom I like btw,) either just can't/don't want to give the Bombers credit...or just catering to whiney Rider fsnbase with comments about the Riders having to deal with injuries..etc ..and that the results were inevitable and the wins were not truly indicative.

Let me think...we missed a starting running back for 3 games...starting reciever (Adams) for 3...lost run stopping DT in first game...Started season without our Will... He still out..missed Demski for 2... Jefferson knicked for first 3...lost our starting Sam in TC and then his replacement in in game 1. Lost the Will replacemt in game 1. 

Have started 2 raw rookies in secondary...hmmmm....lost our returner in game one....had to replace Medlock...and we are....oh yes 5-1

It's called depth ..good coaching and a kick ass team culture in the dressing room.

What I saw was 'championship' written all over this team.....Riders crawled out of here and in my mind have fallen to their rightful place as pretender.....BUT we'll still get the media b.s. how the Bombers don't quite look like Cup repeaters ...We're beginning to make those non-believers look like idiots

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

What I saw was 'championship' written all over this team.....Riders crawled out of here and in my mind have fallen to their rightful place as pretender.....BUT we'll still get the media b.s. how the Bombers don't quite look like Cup repeaters ...We're beginning to make those non-believers look like idiots

Yeah the media is very reluctant to admit that they over estimated the riders. 

I think what people fail to see is that the Bombers don't pop off the page in terms of scoring and blowing teams out,  but those who actually watch them see what they do. They put teams through the meat grinder and just beat them down throughout the course of a game. The rotation in the front 7 just wears down opponents because there is no let up in the pass rush and hard tackling.

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious if our D is so good overall that one guy doesn't stand out enough to be nominated for DPOTY. 

But if I had to pick a team nominee so far, it's Bighill... 

Somehow he gets over looked. Said it a little while back but he is healthy and back in MOP form.

You see the plays, but he also gets people in the right spot and makes calls. 

He is going to get paid next year and I hope we keep him. 

Edited by Geebrr

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the media is very reluctant to admit that they over estimated the riders. 

I think what people fail to see is that the Bombers don't pop off the page in terms of scoring and blowing teams out,  but those who actually watch them see what they do. They put teams through the meat grinder and just beat them down throughout the course of a game. The rotation in the front 7 just wears down opponents because there is no let up in the pass rush and hard tackling.

While at the games I like to keep an eye on the changes the Bombers make on defence. They have 2 or 3 players coming in and off each play.

It's crazy how much rotating of players they do compared to other teams.

11 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

We still haven't played a complete game firing on all cylinders.  

I'm good with that, would rather hit our stride in November.  

We need to get the kick game sorted out, as is, it will cost us games. 

Sts, running and run stopping all have big steps to improve. But we have pieces to improve a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Meh, who cares if we are underrated. Let the Rider fan base be fat and happy. I am fine with everyone not giving us credit where it is due. Pretty sure TSN still hasn't comprehended pur manhandling of the Ti-Cats in the 2019 Grey Cup

They sure arent fat and happy now. Fat and sassy, crying in their beer about the evil bombers and refs. 

27 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Meh, who cares if we are underrated. Let the Rider fan base be fat and happy. I am fine with everyone not giving us credit where it is due. Pretty sure TSN still hasn't comprehended pur manhandling of the Ti-Cats in the 2019 Grey Cup

Yep. Show me the wins. 

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Lol maybe Toronto can do everyone a favour next week and they'll go from "undefeated plan the parade" to "uhoh, we're a .500 team"

Starting to realize they shouldve lost to BC, and barely beat ott who every one else has smashed. They are past the easy part of their schedule, and one of their byes. The bye week could be huge for us. A big chance to rest, and get healthy. 

Just now, Brandon said:

Davis Sanchez had no problems saying that the Blue Bombers are currently the best team in the league. 

Any one who struggles to say it is an idiot. The bombers arent just the best team in the league right now, they are head, shoulders, knees and toes above the rest right now. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I mean the riders were supposed to be the big test right... back to back at that 

End result 

2 wins 

No TDs against 

59 17 combined 2 game score 

Riders are definitely a level B Low the Bombers 

Edm is going to be an interesting match up. Team that struggles in the red zone vs the tightest red zone D ever. But they rack up a looot of yards on the ground and in the air. Could really use stove back. 

That said could be a banner night for our offense. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Somehow he gets over looked. Said it a little while back but he is healthy and back in MOP form.

You see the plays, but he also gets people in the right spot and makes calls. 

He is going to get paid next year and I hope we keep him. 

Damn right he should get paid. 
Not only is he playing lights out, he is doing so after voluntarily taking an enormous financial haircut in the off season to help out the club.*
If this team has the integrity I believe they have, he will be compensated very fairly. 
*He’s also a financial strategist, so I’m sure there might also be something cooking behind the scenes. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

Nelson, or blocking?

from darren bauming twitter, 

" Travis Hrubeniak:  Watching O'Shae's comments on

this morning really made it sound like the struggles have been due to blocking. Definitely paying more attention to that today."

and, yardage on returns in the other games for the most part were similar to Nelson's.

to me it sure looks like blocking problems. which they will fix.

#keep Nelson

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Nelson, or blocking?

from darren bauming twitter, 

" Travis Hrubeniak:  Watching O'Shae's comments on

this morning really made it sound like the struggles have been due to blocking. Definitely paying more attention to that today."

and, yardage on returns in the other games for the most part were similar to Nelson's.

to me it sure looks like blocking problems. which they will fix.

#keep Nelson

I mean....its not like Oshea would ever call an individual out. It's still Nelson. If you watch the games it's obvious.

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

People on here rip on Nelson alot but there are two things he does more consistently than anyone else

(1) Catch it consistently

(2) Catch it in the air (which helps with No Yards calls, especially the 15 yard variety

He doesn't do that more than grant or any good returner. He's the worst return man in the league. The no yards here n there don't come close to making up for that.