GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

Just now, Brandon said:

Also I'm sure this was said but all through out the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th .. Suitor was almost sobbing like a baby about Harris not getting kicked out and how unfortunate the Riders had it.   Completely bias towards the Riders. 

Hes gotta go. Its an utter joke they keep running him out to call games. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Also I'm sure this was said but all through out the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th .. Suitor was almost sobbing like a baby about Harris not getting kicked out and how unfortunate the Riders had it.   Completely bias towards the Riders. 

Yeah the guy brought it up like 10 times. He had like 2 hours to look up the rule or ask someone who could check, and then heaven forbid say something like "Well by the rule its not a automatic disqualification even though it was an ugly play and probably should be" which would have been the correct thing to do/say, as opposed to crying is his green hanky over and over again while gently stroking his signed Fajardo game worn jockstrap.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hes gotta go. Its an utter joke they keep running him out to call games. 

He's perfectly fine when it's not a Riders game... but dear lord it was bad tonight.

He should of moved on and spoke about how the d-line was in Harker's face and how the Riders took many undisciplined penalties.  Also the hugely soft play from the Riders DB's. 

Just now, Brandon said:

He's perfectly fine when it's not a Riders game... but dear lord it was bad tonight.

He should of moved on and spoke about how the d-line was in Harker's face and how the Riders took many undisciplined penalties.  Also the hugely soft play from the Riders DB's. 

in none rider games id say he goes from a toxic heap to a dumpster. Hes only fine when compared to putrid garbage. Compare him to the new guy and hes junk. 

Suitor was especially insufferable, with it being a Bomber home game.

Suitor:
”Cody Fajardo could have a great game today, because his neighbour’s dog only peed on his lawn twice last week etc etc etc”

Neilsen:
”Richie Hall has had his defence dialled in all season!”

Also Suitor:
”yeah they’re ok, I guess”

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Suitor was especially insufferable, with it being a Bomber home game.

Suitor:
”Cody Fajardo could have a great game today, because his neighbour’s dog only peed on his lawn twice last week etc etc etc”

Neilsen:
”Richie Hall has had his defence dialled in all season!”

Also Suitor:
”yeah they’re ok, I guess”

Outside of Rod Black,I don't dislike any of the announcers. Sure,some can be streaky with annoying terms or analysis but they're all very passionate for the game and that's what you want.

Desjardins will be fired this off season. I could see a new GM come in & fire LaPo bringing in his own HC. There are some QBs coming available as free agents this off season. Jake Maier, Jeremiah Massoli. Maybe even Vernon Adams. Would the Stamps sign Maier & trade Mitchell? 

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Watched some of his interview and man,he was brutally honest with his team. He does need players to come back healthy but he was throwing everyone under that short bus.

Who & what are you referring to? 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Desjardins will be fired this off season. I could see a new GM come in & fire LaPo bringing in his own HC. There are some QBs coming available as free agents this off season. Jake Maier, Jeremiah Massoli. Maybe even Vernon Adams. Would the Stamps sign Maier & trade Mitchell? 

Who & what are you referring to? 

I was referring to the post game interview with Dickenson.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I missed it as I pvr'd the Bomber game & then FF'd to the Stamps-Elks game. What did he say?

The RedBlacks have little chance to win with Nichols. They have absolutely no chance with Dom Davis. 

Talking about olayers needing to sharpen their IQ,calling out specific veterans for offsides,but at least he did say we're the class of the league and it ain't even close .

I literally could not pick a second best team in the league,loving the parody but Montreal I guess???

57 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Talking about olayers needing to sharpen their IQ,calling out specific veterans for offsides,but at least he did say we're the class of the league and it ain't even close .

I literally could not pick a second best team in the league,loving the parody but Montreal I guess???

Seems to me that discipline comes from the coach and the riders have had a discipline problem for years now. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah suitor has to keep his opinions to himself... pathetically sad...also..MIcha Johnson should have been tossed for throwing punches at Harris under the pole that was blatant and seen on replay but never mentioned...Nice of Neuf to pick him up and power slam him tho haha

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Seems to me that discipline comes from the coach and the riders have had a discipline problem for years now. 

None at all on that team...DIckless has no control ..the more they got beat down...the worse they got ...almost sad...but funny 

So, this is more of a public interest story. There were 3 players playing today at IG Field that played pee wee, bantam & HS football against each other from 2001 to 2009. Jake Harty & Mike Edem with the Riders & Jesse Briggs with the Bombers. I coached Jesse in Pee Wee before his family moved to Kelowna. My son played against Harty & Edem at every level while Briggs was his teammate. They all went on to have really good careers playing community & HS ball in Calgary as well as U Sports. My son played for SFU & as a qb was never given the chance to come to a CFL camp although the BC Lions did give him a tryout & he threw for Wally Buono & Lions OC at the time, Khari Jones. The other 3 all made it to the CFL & they've all had long careers in the league. 

I'm not a fan of Mike Edem but he is a talented player. Still for me, it's great to see 3 local Calgarry players make it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27