GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

Just now, Mark H. said:

Bob & Doug were also expecting Harris to be ejected.

Yeah it was highly visible.  I'm not sure how Micah Johnson didn't get ejected.  I think Harris and Johnson were the easiest ones to toss out of that.  Johnson really started it by going after Demski and kept getting it going again when it calmed down.  No punches but lots of bulldog throws down by the head to a few guys, then piled on Harris toward the end.

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

Bunch of rider fans crying that Collaros was "cocky" while running to the end zone to celebrate with Lawler. Next time Fajardo even smiles,I'm gonna cry like a baby then.

The way his career has ebbed and flowed, he’s earned it. His blood is forever blue and gold now.

4 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Bunch of rider fans crying that Collaros was "cocky" while running to the end zone to celebrate with Lawler. Next time Fajardo even smiles,I'm gonna cry like a baby then.

Dont like it, then next time stop it. 

Riders are salty AF because they thought they were contenders, but they are a fringe play off team compared to us. 

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Is this correct, Collaros is 9 and 1 as a Bomber? 

Believe so yes. 

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah it was highly visible.  I'm not sure how Micah Johnson didn't get ejected.  I think Harris and Johnson were the easiest ones to toss out of that.  Johnson really started it by going after Demski and kept getting it going again when it calmed down.  No punches but lots of bulldog throws down by the head to a few guys, then piled on Harris toward the end.

Honestly it was soo far after the whistle I get not ejected any bombers. The bombers just defended them self. 

He may be suspended I dont put much faith in the league getting things right these days. Dicker should be punished though. Soo many times this year he has had no control over the riders. The whole thing happened because of that. 

We kicked the **** out of Fajardo. That's the main storyline of this series. Besides the Bombers sweeping the series. That receiver for the Riders Kian Schaffer-Baker was outstanding & he's a rook. Forget Jorden, Evans, Daniels, Ellingson, Burnham, Rodgers, Walker.... Kenny Lawler is the best receiver in the CFL. 

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The way his career has ebbed and flowed, he’s earned it. His blood is forever blue and gold now.

Bob and Doug were talking about how Zach is looking like the real Zach with Buck calling the plays. Allowing Collaros to throw down the field and show his tremendous accuracy or more qb style calls instead the 5 yard garbage he was use to with Lapo is really making him feel at home finally.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Any comments on the PI the Riders challenged for in the first half? 

Didnt get a good look at the game. Doesnt matter really though. If they get it and score, and get a two point conversion it doesnt change any thing. 

You cant expect the refs to make a good call on the field or in the review this year. I saw two brutal blocks to the back on JJ that put him to the turf. Before the fight the whistles were strapped to their pockets and the riders made out like bandits because of it.

When refs arent throwing flags, the less disciplined team is at a significant advantage. And no question thats the riders. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Would have been PI if the receiver finished the play.  He basically just quit.  A preview of the Riders in the second half.

That makes sense, thanks.  

Just now, wbbfan said:

Didnt get a good look at the game. Doesnt matter really though. If they get it and score, and get a two point conversion it doesnt change any thing. 

You cant expect the refs to make a good call on the field or in the review this year. I saw two brutal blocks to the back on JJ that put him to the turf. Before the fight the whistles were strapped to their pockets and the riders made out like bandits because of it.

When refs arent throwing flags, the less disciplined team is at a significant advantage. And no question thats the riders. 

Oh, I am confident we would have still won the game - was just curious about the call. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What is he supposed to do? He had good coverage and the ball was behind both players. He let up and the receiver had no chance to play that ball. Terrible throw. If faj had an arm he could led the receiver and scored an easy td but his arm sucks and he left it short.

Yeah if the receiver is going to make an attempt on an underthrown ball like that through a DB and the DB runs into him he'll get that call.  The receiver immediately quit once Jones got to him, and Jones did end up playing the ball while the receiver grabbed a handful of popcorn or something...wasn't trying to make any kind of move toward the ball.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah if the receiver is going to make an attempt on an underthrown ball like that through a DB and the DB runs into him he'll get that call.  The receiver immediately quit once Jones got to him, and Jones did end up playing the ball while the receiver grabbed a handful of popcorn or something...wasn't trying to make any kind of move toward the ball.

Footsteps. No one wants to put them self in danger vs this secondary. These guys truck. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Through this many games, this is the most dominant bend but dont break defense in modern history. Giving up this few Tds is unprecedented. 

Just like our ridiculous run in the 2019 playoffs. Giving up 1 touchdown in the final 10 quarters of football against the 1st, 3rd, and 4th highest scoring teams in the league(we were 2nd). Greatest defensive playoff run in history? Probably.