GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs

JCon

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I've tested hundreds of individuals through my workplace over the years. 

Invariably they are dirty when they use the can't pee defence. What they don't mention in the article is whether the CFL mandates that the player be witnessed while urinating (to eliminate using a concealed sample in a eyedrop bottle or "Whizzinator" for example).... which can lead to the "shy bladder" argument. Of course this only flys for so long before nature insists. You also don't need that much pee to test. 

It's still a bizarre situation, as any adulterant in the sample won't disappear in the short number of hours  that would pass before any healthy individual would need to urinate. 

Its almost as if they think the tester will forget about the test. Ha  

I completely agree.  Through my work I’ve also done a pile of urinalysis tests and when they “can’t pee” or just straight up refuse it’s because they have something real bad in their system that they don’t want to be shown in the results.  I shook my head when I read the reports on Leonard and listened to Dickenson and the fans defend him.  

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It is strange for him to withhold, since he knows the penalty is the same. And it’s not like a DUI where you refuse to blow and get the same charge as if you blew over .08. In that case, a higher reading (more than double) automatically becomes aggravating at sentencing, so I am aware of cops who say if they were to get caught under suspicion of driving drunk, always blow if you think you are under or on the line, but absolutely refuse if you know you are going over, to avoid the extra punishment of a super high reading.  Since there is no extra suspension derived from higher amounts in the system, why avoid the test? Unless he wanted to go the Andrew Harris route of “only trace amounts, so I can claim inadvertent tainted supplement with plausible deniability”, and figured recent usage would make that claim more dubious than it already is. 

He withheld the sample because he knows what’s in his system.  It’s obviously something that would have ruined him far worse than just claiming he couldn’t pee.  The end result is the same as far as punishment but his secret stays safe.

20 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I completely agree.  Through my work I’ve also done a pile of urinalysis tests and when they “can’t pee” or just straight up refuse it’s because they have something real bad in their system that they don’t want to be shown in the results.  I shook my head when I read the reports on Leonard and listened to Dickenson and the fans defend him.  

He withheld the sample because he knows what’s in his system.  It’s obviously something that would have ruined him far worse than just claiming he couldn’t pee.  The end result is the same as far as punishment but his secret stays safe.

Unfortunately it's actually a pretty good strategy. There needs to be more severe consequences if you refuse to provide a sample.

1 minute ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Hey everyone, hope the game is played injury free, and the officials call a good and fair game for both teams.It’s gonna be a closer game then a lot think, again you guys got a hell of a team from top to bottom , it’s gonna be a game that’s won in the trenches no doubt. 
Go Riders!

Should be a good one! Always is.