Back to school week GDT - non banjo pickin’ inbred games

TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Would be in this town for sure given the last 29 years. 

Hey lapo was here for a not insignificant part of those 29 years. 

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've heard before that the 2002 offence was still very much reliant on the previous OC's scheme/playbook (I can't for the life of me remember the OC in 2001).

Rick Worman I believe

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've heard before that the 2002 offence was still very much reliant on the previous OC's scheme/playbook (I can't for the life of me remember the OC in 2001).

The 2001 OC was rick worman. 

2000 was an OC by committee. From then till late in his career here khari called his own plays. He and AC where about the last to do it. 

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So is it fair to say that Lapo is an average to slightly above average OC but not a great OC ala John Hufnagel or Dave DIckenson?

I think its fair to say that if this discussion goes on any longer, I will have my wife stick an ice pick in my ear.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m good with that. 

In actually think LaPo reminds me of Jacques Chapdeline. They were both receivers so they saw the field differently or make different calls than a qb would. Whereas guys like Huff, Dickenson, Jones & Buck played qb at the CFL level & understand what qbs see. A slotback like Chapdelaine & LaPo don't understand that. I think Qbs make better OC's. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

In actually think LaPo reminds me of Jacques Chapdeline. They were both receivers so they saw the field differently or make different calls than a qb would. Whereas guys like Huff, Dickenson, Jones & Buck played qb at the CFL level & understand what qbs see. A slotback like Chapdelaine & LaPo don't understand that. I think Qbs make better OC's. 

Iirc plop only played at like a d2 or d3 level. But yeah, qbs do generally make better OCs. 

45 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Sounds like Fajardo is healthy. Sigh of relief from Rider fans, who otherwise would have been in danger of seeing their team score a touchdown this week.

Honestly, putting him right back in the first practice is bad form no matter what. He doesnt need the reps at this point. He shouldve been holding a clipboard no matter what. Its poor player management. 

When you have a concussion, even a mild one you are at a severe risk to aggravate it. And that can be done with out taking a shot. A lot of things can trigger that response. Ive seen a guy go from seemingly ok to in serious trouble just sneezing during a concussion week. They had 6 days between games. Fajardo shouldve at best practiced part of the last 2 practices. 

Its a hard decision for when a guy comes back from a concussion. The only bad decision in recovery is rushing it. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly, putting him right back in the first practice is bad form no matter what. He doesnt need the reps at this point. He shouldve been holding a clipboard no matter what. Its poor player management. 

When you have a concussion, even a mild one you are at a severe risk to aggravate it. And that can be done with out taking a shot. A lot of things can trigger that response. Ive seen a guy go from seemingly ok to in serious trouble just sneezing during a concussion week. They had 6 days between games. Fajardo shouldve at best practiced part of the last 2 practices. 

Its a hard decision for when a guy comes back from a concussion. The only bad decision in recovery is rushing it. 

Probably wasn't a concussion. Likely, just said to the trainers, "all I see is blue." And, they misinterpreted that as head trauma.