Back to school week GDT - non banjo pickin’ inbred games

TrueBlue4ever

22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Serious question… does he have any chance of becoming a CFL player? 

12 hours ago, johnzo said:

Cheaper travel. The CFL can't be flush with cash right now, I bet this is an economy move.

Agreed, definitely cheaper for both Ottawa and Montreal playing games against each other than against other teams. However Ottawa played B.C. twice this year and doesn't play Winnipeg at all, so there must be other factors involved with the schedule besides travel distance. 

16 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Not much to work with in Ottawa this all on Desjardins

I wish I could send him a message on behalf of all Bomber fans saying there's only one player from his team today that could make the Bombers (K Lewis Ward). The rest are garbage. Just like he said about us during the expansion draft in 2014.  I'll njever forgive him for that cheap shot. Maybe he was right as the Bombers were brutal back then but he should have kept his comments to himself. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hard to tell at this point. Usually junior football is a pipeline for cis. The BCFC has long been handily a tier below the prairies.  

I think as teams go you're right. The BCFC is below the Prairie League because they have teams in smaller cities. But I think there are more individual stars in the BCFC. Andrew Harris came from there. So did Jamal Lyles. That Simonise kid that tried out in Cleveland & here now plays for the Alouettes played for the Sun & my son Tyler coached him there. More of the BCFC players seem pro ready compared to the Prairie League.

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think as teams go you're right. The BCFC is below the Prairie League because they have teams in smaller cities. But I think there are more individual stars in the BCFC. Andrew Harris came from there. So did Jamal Lyles. That Simonise kid that tried out in Cleveland & here now plays for the Alouettes played for the Sun & my son Tyler coached him there. More of the BCFC players seem pro ready compared to the Prairie League.

Cincinnati And simonise was with u cal dinos. 

I agree that they see more star players but the overall all level of play is lower. I think that's geographical and due to how many west coast kids play multiple sports for much longer. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

But he works cheap.

When he coached in Calgary he had to put up with Owner & GM interference all the time. I remember reading that the entire Stamps organization had a retreat to Kananaskis Country in November 2003 after the season ended.  It may have been the Fairmont Hotel & Resort. Everyone was invited to go except Barker.

He had to play the owners son at QB or be fired. He  had a GM (Fred Fateri) that was actively trying to be Stamps President. The owner promoted Kicker Mark McLoughlin to team President over Fateri after the current President at the time Stan Schwartz resigned in disgust. McLoughlin became Barker's boss while still kicking for the Stamps. They fired McLoughlin early in 2004 & the PR Guy Ron Rooke took over.

Barker became the GM after Fateri was fired when he made some offensive remarks to a local reporter. Barker became the GM, HC , Player Personnel Director & OC. McLoughlin & Rooke fired Barker 3 days before Christmas. They had told him they wanted to discuss some player personnel issues with him & they scheduled a meeting in McLoughlin's office. They lied so they could ambush him & fired him. He had 30 minutes to clear out his office. Meanwhile, they had already hired Matt Dunigan & he was secrettly in town before Barker was fired. They introduced him less than 24 hours after Barker was fired as the Stamps new HC. It was a **** show. No coach ever had to put up with what Barker went through. All the selfish lying & conniving. I'm amazed Barker & Duniugan are on speaking terms. 

No one ever talks about McLoughlin anymore even though he was the Stamps leading scorer at the time. 

20 hours ago, Nolby said:

We wouldn't be 5-1 if he was still here,Buck is a huge upgrade over Lapo and seems to be letting Zach be Zach.

This is a laughable take. A guy with 6 games experience is a huge upgrade over a seventeen year coach with 4 Grey Cup appearances, 2 rings, has had the number 1 or 2 scoring offence 6 times, and the league’s best rushing offence the past 3 years? And Buck learned under LaPo to boot. Ridiculous statement.  

20 hours ago, Nolby said:

Zach leads the league in touchdown passes,don't recall those bragging rights with Lapo and his bloody 5 yard hooks and check downs.

Your haterade must have a memory loss drug in it. LaPo coached Khari when he ripped the league apart and led in 2002, coached Darian Durant when he finished just 1 behind Calvillo for the league lead in 2009, coached Nichols when he finished second, only 2 behind Reilly, and Nichols was leading the league last season when he got knocked out halfway through the year, and prorated he would have led the league if he played out the full season. After 6 games in 2019, Nichols had 13 TDs to Collaros’ 9 this year. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This is a laughable take. A guy with 6 games experience is a huge upgrade over a seventeen year coach with 4 Grey Cup appearances, 2 rings, has had the number 1 or 2 scoring offence 6 times, and the league’s best rushing offence the past 3 years? And Buck learned under LaPo to boot. Ridiculous statement.  

Your haterade must have a memory loss drug in it. LaPo coached Khari when he ripped the league apart and led in 2002, coached Darian Durant when he finished just 1 behind Calvillo for the league lead in 2009, coached Nichols when he finished second, only 2 behind Reilly, and Nichols was leading the league last season when he got knocked out halfway through the year, and prorated he would have led the league if he played out the full season. After 6 games in 2019, Nichols had 13 TDs to Collaros’ 9 this year. 

Are you on some kind of crusade? 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No one else has 9 TD passes this year. Offensive production is down this year a lot because of the year off & no exhibition season. Your stat means absolutely nothing. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Are you on some kind of crusade? 

No one else has 9 TD passes this year. Offensive production is down this year a lot because of the year off & no exhibition season. Your stat means absolutely nothing. 

My “crusade” is simply to call BS where I see it, and offer a counterpoint to the trashing of LaPo which borders on the extreme for some. I can accept people who don’t like LaPo’s more conservative style, or say he got in his own way with play calling at times, but to paint him as some sort of incompetent failure is patently false, and making grand statements with zero backing factual basis like “huge upgrade”, or worse yet offering flat out incorrect stats to double down and bolster a wrong-headed argument in the first place is disingenuous and dishonest. So I will challenge anyone who voices an opinion I disagree with, respectfully as much as possible, but won’t sit back and allow disinformation to re-write a narrative to perpetuate a lie.  And if people really just don’t like him, then be content that you got your wish - he’s gone. And he left us a pretty sweet parting gift on the way out. 

38 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

My “crusade” is simply to call BS where I see it, and offer a counterpoint to the trashing of LaPo which borders on the extreme for some. I can accept people who don’t like LaPo’s more conservative style, or say he got in his own way with play calling at times, but to paint him as some sort of incompetent failure is patently false, and making grand statements with zero backing factual basis like “huge upgrade”, or worse yet offering flat out incorrect stats to double down and bolster a wrong-headed argument in the first place is disingenuous and dishonest. So I will challenge anyone who voices an opinion I disagree with, respectfully as much as possible, but won’t sit back and allow disinformation to re-write a narrative to perpetuate a lie.  And if people really just don’t like him, then be content that you got your wish - he’s gone. And he left us a pretty sweet parting gift on the way out. 

LaPo wasn't a failure just ultra conservative with a lead. LaPo would be calling a great game then get a 2 TD lead  & completely change the calls where it would be draws & underneath stuff. We'd end up going 2 & out series after series after series. Instead of doing what was working & scoring more points we'd need our defense to pull the game out. I haven't seen that from Buck. We still push the ball downfield even with a lead. Buck & Zach play to win. LaPo & Nichols played not to lose. 

I don't know if you heard the comments of the panel before the Ottawa game yesterday or not. The reason Ottawa cut Arbuckle was because he was unhappy with LaPo's offense & wanted no part of it so HC, OC & QB were butting heads. Arbuckle wanted out of Ottawa so Desjardins cut him & the RedBlacks picked up Nichols after the Argos signed Arbuckle & cut Nichols. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If Buck Pierce was the OC of the Redblacks right now... do we really think that they would look much different?  The talent on that team is extremely low. 

Dominic Davis... after 6 seasons in the CFL. Going to meetings & practices. Breaking down defenses with his coaches & other qbs still doesn't get it. Million dollar body & a ten cent head.