Blue Bombers Podcast

Zach Schnitzer

30 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I never realized it until you said it, but definitely this. I think it comes down to them believing that the game is entertaining as is, without the need to be provocative and add intrigue. Even the segments they have pregame, its rarely about identifying one big thing about the game and amplifying it. Merely setting the stage for fans who enjoy football as is.

Yep that's what it is. The game is the entertainment. Tsn does the very American thing where they think the broadcast is the entertainment and the game is the background noise. It's so stupid.

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yep that's what it is. The game is the entertainment. Tsn does the very American thing where they think the broadcast is the entertainment and the game is the background noise. It's so stupid.

Like it or not, a new generation of fans is growing up loving that NFL model and convinced that the CFL is a boring game. And just highlighting a CFL game with no bells and whistles is not going to draw in new young fans. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Like it or not, a new generation of fans is growing up loving that NFL model and convinced that the CFL is a boring game. And just highlighting a CFL game with no bells and whistles is not going to draw in new young fans. 

Yes, giving up entirely is the way to go........**** off. Just because that's one way it's being done, doesn't mean it's the only way. You can absolutely make the next generation enjoy things the way CJOBs broadcast does it. It doesn't HAVE to be the TSN/ESPN way....

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

good point. tho i listen to ppl like bill burr, who is v popular. all he does is yak about his day and ppl eat it up. i think in this time of salesmanship and overstimulation, ppl are craving just some normal chatter. ? 

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don't buy that for a second. If you are watching for the talking heads you're watching for the wrong reasons. The game is the selling point, the broadcast should compliment that rather than try and be the reason people tune in. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't buy that for a second. If you are watching for the talking heads you're watching for the wrong reasons. The game is the selling point, the broadcast should compliment that rather than try and be the reason people tune in. 

Disagree. The measure of a quality broadcast is how much time they are willing to devote to promoting an "up and coming" musician.

And there were more eyeballs on the halftime show than there were at most points of the game. “Right and wrong” reasons are a matter of personal preference. I love the pre-game chats with Bob, Ed and Doug, but others will want more flash and dash, and the most popular sporting events who are gaining new audiences are catering more to that younger demographic with the bells and whistles. 

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

You may have never heard of this guy but, I assure you, he's big in Nashville and Australia. ;)

Suitor - "I just have to say Keith...I'm a big big fan."

Urban - "Thank you Glen, thank you very much."

PA Announcer - Clean-up in aisle three.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I think, if you were to query most Canadian hockey fans and asked them who their favorite national broadcaster was, they would say Cuthbert. He's definitely in the same, elite class, of broadcasters as Bob. His delivery is phenomenal and he keeps it even. No sell job. 

Ive only heard Ferguson a couple of times,and he's definitely a home, understandably, but he's good at the balance in delivery. 

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

Disagree. The measure of a quality broadcast is how much time they are willing to devote to promoting an "up and coming" musician.

if that keep coming in waves band ever turns up in the broadcast booth the cfl will be dead to me forever. 

that is the worst song I have ever heard in my life. fake pop country boys cooing midtempo is the end of sexy.