Dave Ritchie's European Adventure

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

This article isn't new, but it's a fine representation of the great BB coach, Dave "drink the sweet water" Ritchie.

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/winning-is-a-universal-language-cfl-legend-dave-ritchies-european-adventure/amp/

Damned if that didnt warm my heart thanks for sharing it. Id love it if he could be a part time international scout for us or some thing.

“I’d usually start training camp with ‘Well, you rookies look left and right because tomorrow you’re not going to be here’,” the old coach chuckles.

The old bugger hasnt changed a bit!

Just now, 17to85 said:

And this is why it took 29 years to win another cup. They kept replacing decent coaches with awful ones and starting from the ground up again.

Yep. Too many teams set their expectations too low for new front offices and coaching staffs. You can win fast in the cfl. If a guy needs a 4 year plan he should get sent packing. 

I also feel like we didnt really look around the league for the top candidates. We constantly dug up dinosaurs and marched them out there like every team was running the Wing T still. I think the only guy we hired post ritchie that wouldve gotten another HC job in the league in the off season was Burke and that was the pinnacle of dumpster fire moves. 

Mos, for any faults he has, is the best move this franchise has made since it brought coach ritchie in. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Too many teams set their expectations too low for new front offices and coaching staffs. You can win fast in the cfl. If a guy needs a 4 year plan he should get sent packing. 

I also feel like we didnt really look around the league for the top candidates. We constantly dug up dinosaurs and marched them out there like every team was running the Wing T still. I think the only guy we hired post ritchie that wouldve gotten another HC job in the league in the off season was Burke and that was the pinnacle of dumpster fire moves. 

Mos, for any faults he has, is the best move this franchise has made since it brought coach ritchie in. 

But by your logic he should of not of made it past year 2 or 3

Just now, Jpan85 said:

But by your logic he should of not of made it past year 2 or 3

Im not talking win a grey cup, im talking being a steady play off team. Which we were in season 3 of mos. We were like 2 wins out in his first season here too. Mos was never a guy who was a 4 year plan guy. Hes week to week. Year to year. You couldnt have a better example of a guy who isnt a long term plan guy. Mos expected the team to compete in year 1 and held the players to a higher standard. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well if Lyle Bauer was here he probably would have fired MOS a couple years ago because they needed tog et over the hump. 

Probably true. But I hear if you say lyle bauers name 3 times in a threat nastynate will appear 😛 

Wade miller is much better too. I think there was a pretty considerable movement towards change with the play off losses. But I think plop and hall took the brunt of it.