Looking ahead,early chat-Banjo Bowl 2021

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Roq started at WIL not Sam.

Yes correct, but he could slide in there...dude was a safety so he has cover skills and we run fronts with Briggs and Gauthier as is...so he can manage it just fine

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I couldn't be happier about the total mess the Riders are right now and I hope they lose 52-0 tomorrow......and that would STILL be too good for them. **** those assholes.

they already over there relegating to that scenario...babbling about too bad that they couldn't be playing healthy...failing to remember we playing without our starting will and sam...dt...dinged up receiving corp...2 raw rookies in DB backfield...it's called depth...something they have been razor thin with the last few years and luckily skated by....and they missing a starter for cheating....shame shame hahahaha...

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually...I don't think we really are...the roster now....Darby goes down...Roq steps in...thats where he started the season....any of the HB's get dinged Darby and or Alexander could swing in there, Hallett goes to safety...same situ with a corner....Alexander and Darby both can play there...Darby was a huge pick-up as he can play all DB spots..as can Alexander...we be fine...

I don't like it when one injury makes you change 2 roster spots, but it's not the end of the world either especially when you got a stud like Alexander that can move. Receivers, will be fine as well. All we need is 1 imp backup and 1 NAT backup there and we have that.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Actually...I don't think we really are...the roster now....Darby goes down...Roq steps in...thats where he started the season....any of the HB's get dinged Darby and or Alexander could swing in there, Hallett goes to safety...same situ with a corner....Alexander and Darby both can play there...Darby was a huge pick-up as he can play all DB spots..as can Alexander...we be fine...

Hallet at s for ba is a big drop off. A 2nd injury or the dime package with 1 injury would mean Nelson is in coverage. We saw two dbs go down in 2019. 

It's also if some one needs a breather. Ba returns a pick 80 yards for a td the d goes right back out. 

I get why we can't have even depth I think it's more a league thing. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hallet at s for ba is a big drop off. A 2nd injury or the dime package with 1 injury would mean Nelson is in coverage. We saw two dbs go down in 2019. 

It's also if some one needs a breather. Ba returns a pick 80 yards for a td the d goes right back out. 

anyone in for BA is a big drop off though....but then again...all teams are in same boat with db injuries in game....how we are structured tho with roster flexibility I think we would cope the best

Just now, Booch said:

anyone in for BA is a big drop off though....but then again...all teams are in same boat with db injuries in game....how we are structured tho with roster flexibility I think we would cope the best

2 back up dbs is what I think is ideal. 1 guy for dime and rotation, 1 guy for a true back up. Its easy for 1 guy to get pulled for the game for concussion protocol. Especially at wr/db. Imagine if it was one of darby or BA that went down too. If hallett is down for a bit (I hope he isnt) I wonder if derek jones is in shape. Our teams are hurting with all the backers n ends we carry and we've gotten a lot of production from NI dbs on teams. 

Thats true, I think its more of a league issue. I know things need to normalize and financially get out of the critical zone. But maybe as soon as for next year (if the gambling revenue ends up being what was predicted) the league should extend the rosters. 

I think 3 or 4 spots would be good. Minimum 1 more qb. The 2 qb thing is silly and dangerous. The last thing the league needs is for a game to be played with a majority of the time an out of position player at QB. Extra db, extra wr and room for one more guy. Probably 1 more imp and 2 or 3 NIs. I wouldnt mind 2 back up globals but I think the rest of the league is too far behind the curve with nothing but punters for globals. 

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hhahahaha....yeah good one....If a Bomber player had that excuse just imagine the fun Rider Nation would have with that...

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/10/riders-a-c-leonard-waited-for-quite-a-while-but-made-a-decision-not-to-submit-urine-sample-for-drug-testing/

He has a difficult time making pee pee after a 4+hr game on the field? Seems legit. 

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

I agree and this benefits us obviously or any team but it would be great to see the Bombers absolutely blow up the score board,points matter quite a bit right now with a shortened season and standings at the end.

score board doesn't matter if we beat them twice. we'll get the tie breaker. 
but yeah I want them lose by 50 points 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Hhahahaha....yeah good one....If a Bomber player had that excuse just imagine the fun Rider Nation would have with that...

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/10/riders-a-c-leonard-waited-for-quite-a-while-but-made-a-decision-not-to-submit-urine-sample-for-drug-testing/

Harris should have juat said he couldn't piss.

Didn't Hughes refuse the breathalyzer test too?

Seems like that is in their DNA on that squad 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think a contingency for any secondary injuries is also Bighill dropping to safety.