Looking ahead,early chat-Banjo Bowl 2021

Nolby

From what ive heard or read,we seem to be healthy coming out of yesterday's game.  The boys play in 5 days and must already be salivating to play Sask again. I feel our defensive performance may even get better than yesterdays game(if its even possible). Anyone have an idea of ticket sales so far?

Havent seen how many tickets have sold but im hoping its a strong and blue crowd. 

Normally in a back to back series you have to put in pretty significant adjustments as the both teams should be well prepared for what they saw last. But if fajardo cant complete 20 yards plus and their OL cant block not much change will be needed on D. 

Itd be great too if stove, rocq, and or wilson got healthy. Theyre all on the 1 game so if they practice early its a good sign. I would also think we are close to getting an update on jenarion grant who has been on the 6 game for 4 games now. 

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Can 6 game injured players come off the IR on game 6 or game 7? Sorry to lazy to look it up lol. 

would love to see Grant back. 

they can be pulled off any time, if they come off early you dont get the salary cap relief. I believe after 6 games you have to put them back on the 6 game or move them to another category. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

they can be pulled off any time, if they come off early you dont get the salary cap relief. I believe after 6 games you have to put them back on the 6 game or move them to another category. 

I knew about pulling them off early and the salary implications. I was just wondering if it had to be 6 full games or can they can back on the 6th game without the salary cap. But guess it doesn’t matter as I didn’t realize Grant has only been off 4 games. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I knew about pulling them off early and the salary implications. I was just wondering if it had to be 6 full games or can they can back on the 6th game without the salary cap. But guess it doesn’t matter as I didn’t realize Grant has only been off 4 games. 

Im sure they have to sit the 6th game. I wonder what grant is making and if its substantial i dont feel like it would be. 

Really wish I can make it this year but I have a wedding to attend! No reason to not expect a sweep of the home and home series. I think our offence can be better and we had a good game plan for CF he looked shell shocked last game so we will see what kind of adjustments they make but if you bring the house and take away the short game you realize he doesn’t have the arm to punish you down field very often. 

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Really wish I can make it this year but I have a wedding to attend! No reason to not expect a sweep of the home and home series. I think our offence can be better and we had a good game plan for CF he looked shell shocked last game so we will see what kind of adjustments they make but if you bring the house and take away the short game you realize he doesn’t have the arm to punish you down field very often. 

If we could average around 25pts a game with our defense then it would be more than enough to keep us in every game.Ive enjoyed Bucks play calling and said forever that the best OC's should be former QBs. They audibile offensive lines,running backs,wide receivers,protections and whatever else they see,it's a no brainer really.

Edited by Nolby

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Havent seen how many tickets have sold but im hoping its a strong and blue crowd. 

Normally in a back to back series you have to put in pretty significant adjustments as the both teams should be well prepared for what they saw last. But if fajardo cant complete 20 yards plus and their OL cant block not much change will be needed on D. 

Itd be great too if stove, rocq, and or wilson got healthy. Theyre all on the 1 game so if they practice early its a good sign. I would also think we are close to getting an update on jenarion grant who has been on the 6 game for 4 games now. 

I can see sask  bringing in there inside receivers more for pass protection next week to try to give cf more steamboats. A hurried cf is a very ineffective cf. 

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I can see sask  bringing in there inside receivers more for pass protection next week to try to give cf more steamboats. A hurried cf is a very ineffective cf. 

They could but then they take away a lot of their timing routes and make it easy to defend their pass. 

If I was them I'd run a lot of slants and crossing routes and roll Fajardo out a bunch. Rpo etc. They could run 11 personnel with a ol instead of a te and roll out but I don't think they have the horses to work it. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They could but then they take away a lot of their timing routes and make it easy to defend their pass. 

If I was them I'd run a lot of slants and crossing routes and roll Fajardo out a bunch. Rpo etc. They could run 11 personnel with a ol instead of a te and roll out but I don't think they have the horses to work it. 

Yup roll him out more but that also takes half the field away. How many catches did Moore have? Like a 108? If cf hits him on that long one this game might have taken a different tone. I assume they’ll continue to gameplan around him as well as try to establish more of a run.

it’s difficult to beat a team twice in a row but here’s hoping our D  continues to dominate, our O improves week to week and our field goal kicking and kr finds a groove.

10 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup roll him out more but that also takes half the field away. How many catches did Moore have? Like a 108? If cf hits him on that long one this game might have taken a different tone. I assume they’ll continue to gameplan around him as well as try to establish more of a run.

it’s difficult to beat a team twice in a row but here’s hoping our D  continues to dominate, our O improves week to week and our field goal kicking and kr finds a groove.

It's difficult to win back to back against a team but it sure does help when you're trying to win that second game at home

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Keep Faj in the pocket and force him to be a passer, and they're toast. He's trash. 

Yup...and why he has never made the next step...made it last yr by default..and had decent numbers...but not awe inspiring and caught teams off guard ..he was totally exposed for what he is

Yeah if he hits Moore sure..but his lack of touch and pourous online didn't allow it to happen.

Also if Darvin doesn't fumble and Demski doest gaff that deep shot we prob get points too...that's the thing with football...lots of ifs and buts...means jack ****

If I'm the Bombers D I'm prepping for more run heavy looks from the Riders and them using two backs, bring Morrow into the offense.  There's nothing and no one in their pass game that concerns me.  If they come out 5 wide I'm following the same scheme, make Fajardo try to be accurate downfield from the pocket vs the rush.

21 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I think E Rose was injured last game. It might be natural to just throw him in as you say

He was but I heard the team was pretty healthy coming out of that game. 

Rose or antigha would make a lot of sense to me but I think they will want all the dl for sask again. 

I'd have demski or a db return and pull the plug on Nelson for him and bench a dl for a db. Give those d reps to Hansen 

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Me thinks its going to be a full house! Checking ticketmaster and it looks like well under 1000 tickets still available.

For those unaware, the pre-game tailgate area is re-opening for the Banjo Bowl. It's going to open at noon so that should help with the line-ups getting into the stadium and  help reduce the beer lines inside.