3 stars HH LDC beatdown

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The 46 yarder was into the wind. A wind strong enough to make oshea choose field direction and kickoff instead of getting the ball in the 2nd half after the riders had taken the lead.

According to wind speed data out of Regina yesterday, the wind speed varied between 4km/h with a max gust of 27km/h. Hardly gale force.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair they also called roughing the kicker on ssk because Bryant fell on legs a minute after he kicked the ball lol.

The only thing he has done is won us a game....

Riders kicker missed a 35yrder with the wind.

Again, so far. You cant possibly believe that his kicking isnt going to cost us moving forward. My glasses are as blue as anyones, but his kicking has been awful. Lets not forget, if not for a time count violation we almost certainly lose the game against Calgary.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

According to wind speed data out of Regina yesterday, the wind speed varied between 4km/h with a max gust of 27km/h. Hardly gale force.

Again, so far. You cant possibly believe that his kicking isnt going to cost us moving forward. My glasses are as blue as anyones, but his kicking has been awful. Lets not forget, if not for a time count violation we almost certainly lose the game against Calgary.

He has missed like 2 kicks! One from a distance that rarely gets tried and another long one into enough of a wind that the coaches talked about it post game. 

Methinks you are over reacting to one game. 

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He has missed like 2 kicks! One from a distance that rarely gets tried and another long one into enough of a wind that the coaches talked about it post game. 

Methinks you are over reacting to one game. 

3 if we didnt have a time count violation, along with a missed point after.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I don’t think they had any intention of making that field goal. It was an intentional punt guised as a field goal. Not a bad strategy.

Horrible strategy if true considering youve got a bunch of fatties on the field that cant catch quick returners. Missed field goals routinely end up as huge returns. Case in point his 47 yard miss that went back 73 yards the other way. No way that was strategy. OSH thought he could make it.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Horrible strategy if true considering youve got a bunch of fatties on the field that cant catch quick returners. Missed field goals routinely end up as huge returns. Case in point his 47 yard miss that went back 73 yards the other way. No way that was strategy. OSH thought he could make it.

Hear what you're saying but it worked out on that play. They were backed up as a result. 

Anyways its not a strategy to deploy regularly thats for sure.

45 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Well you must know more than the coaching staff I guess....who was there....In the stadium....and still decided to kick off instead of receiving. 

You're jumping on him cause he's missed 3 kicks? And the time count one....doesn't.....count...thats why they won the game.

You're also jumping on him for mistakes he hasn't made yet lol. And you think you're right?!?! Lol.

The facts remain that he's made kicks he's had to make, even under pressure, even in the LDC infront of the most hostile crowd the team will face....but yeah he's definitely going to cost the team and they should bring in someone to replace him lol....so dumb

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Well you must know more than the coaching staff I guess....who was there....In the stadium....and still decided to kick off instead of receiving. 

You're jumping on him cause he's missed 3 kicks? And the time count one....doesn't.....count...thats why they won the game.

You're also jumping on him for mistakes he hasn't made yet lol. And you think you're right?!?! Lol.

The facts remain that he's made kicks he's had to make, even under pressure, even in the LDC infront of the most hostile crowd the team will face....but yeah he's definitely going to cost the team and they should bring in someone to replace him lol....so dumb

How is making your team better dumb?? If Hajrullahu is available and the price is reasonable you'd be crazy not to sign him. If you think were going to be ok with a field goal kicker around 70% then i dont know what to tell you. Its just a matter of time until his kicking costs us games. Thinking it wont is just folly. He needs to be better and soon. Period.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

How is making your team better dumb?? If Hajrullahu is available and the price is reasonable you'd be crazy not to sign him. If you think were going to be ok with a field goal kicker around 70% then i dont know what to tell you. Its just a matter of time until his kicking costs us games. Thinking it wont is just folly. He needs to be better and soon. Period.

Interesting comparison because arugula had convert issues when he was a rookie and missed kicks. To the point where people like you ran him out of town. Another fine example is Rene Parades. He was here and nothing special but some time and he's a money kicker. 

He is a rookie, he missed his first convert and missed a couple long asked kicks. Give him some time to actually become a pro before we skewer him.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Interesting comparison because arugula had convert issues when he was a rookie and missed kicks. To the point where people like you ran him out of town. Another fine example is Rene Parades. He was here and nothing special but some time and he's a money kicker. 

He is a rookie, he missed his first convert and missed a couple long asked kicks. Give him some time to actually become a pro before we skewer him.

Im all for giving him some time but how much time before someone is brought in is the question. Being 4-1 and 1st in the west is a luxury and affords us the time to be a bit patient. Lets not forget the coaches werent sold on his kicking back in camp which is why Crapigna was brought in. I cant imagine the coaches are feeling any more confident at this point.

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Westwood circa 2007....

No- get a better kicker.

Even only until Legs gets better.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

A 56 yarder, not many kickers will have the leg for that consistently.

People were spoiled with medlock bottom line. I will also suggest that this teams special teams as a whole are significantly weaker than 2019. 

We have no game breaking returner. What is wrong with Janarion Grant? 

Just now, BBlink said:

I think he was also called on illegal contact blocking a guy within 5 yards of the LOS. I think we were getting the short end of some calls

Yep. He jammed the wr at the line then their hands were engaged as the cross the 5 yard zone which was beyond ticky tacky. That happens all the time. They didnt call ssk for holding all day and they got away with some murderous holds. 

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I think he was also called on illegal contact blocking a guy within 5 yards of the LOS. I think we were getting the short end of some calls

Timing of that was suspect too. 3rd down incomplete pass and turnover to the Bombers if they keep their flag in their pocket.

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. He jammed the wr at the line then their hands were engaged as the cross the 5 yard zone which was beyond ticky tacky. That happens all the time. They didnt call ssk for holding all day and they got away with some murderous holds. 

That was a weak weak call. Was hoping to see a challenge on it. But I'm not sure if thats possible.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

1 - Bighill

2 - Jeffcoat/Willie

3 - Alexander

HH - Zach 

No idea on why people are crapping on our kicker...  I'd complain much more about Nelson returning kicks and doing a hop in the air and then trying to move after hopping....  I'm perfectly fine if we replace Nelson as our returner

We had 45 punt return yards. The riders had 67. But we had 8 punt returns the riders had 5.  Nelson had an average return of 5.6 yards with a long of 10. Morrow averaged 12.6 yards per return and moore had 16 on his lone punt return. The riders had a total of  244 return yards. We had 45. Our punting was 42.2 per punt with a net of 31 yards per punt. Ryan had 48.3 with a net of 39.4.  And imo, our kick cover was better then theirs. They constantly ran past the first wave of defenders. Nelson stutter stepped and danced till they got to him. 

on average exchanging punts on drives put us in a 16.2 yard hole. Which is enormous. Thats why the riders would frequently get starting position between their 40 and mid field. Some serious overhauling is needed to our special teams. First step is can nelson. 

I understand both sides when it comes to our kicking game.

We have very high aspirations for this team and right now our special teams is the only part of our game that I'm concerned with. Returns, field goals, even seems like we allow more yards against in coverage than we used to.

If we have to win a playoff game on a kick I'm not so confident right now. That could change but it's honestly one of my biggest concerns atm.

Of course Dline. And also blitzes were working for a change.

Alexander and Bighill in the middle seems a good thing.

New secondary boys 45 and 32 have game.

I hope Italian Trevor Kennerd does well.  The kickoffs seem to be getting longer.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had a quarterback with throws this accurate.  I think it helps.