GDT - LDC Edition - The Champs vs The Riders - 5pm- @ IGF West

JCon

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He’s actually fairly spot on if you read the technical requirements. Here is the definition straight from the CFL rule book. I’ve bolded it for your convenience:

Article 5 — Roughing The Passer

Because the act of passing puts the passer in a particularly vulnerable position to injury, special rules against roughing the passer apply. Once the ball is released, defensive players must avoid all unnecessary contact with the passer. A player shall be penalized for any act of Unnecessary Roughness to the passer, including but not limited to:

1. Contacting the passer in an unnecessary manner, including stuffing him to the ground, violently throwing him to the ground, and landing on him with most of the defender's weight,
  2. Any blow above the passer's shoulder,
  3. All rushing defenders must attempt to avoid forcibly hitting a passer in the pocket, at or below the knees, either if their path to the passer was unrestricted, or if they are coming off a blocker,
  4. Attacking the passer who, after releasing the ball, is either standing still or fading backwards and is obviously out of the play and remains out of the play,
  5. When the quarterback slides feet first, all unnecessary contact must be avoided. The slide must be done in a timely manner to allow the defence to avoid such contact.
  6. Contacting the passer if either the initial source of contact, or primary source of contact, is the defender's helmet.

So nothing about intent, just black and white “blow to the head”. Nothing defining what a “blow” means, no qualifier, so it does not require “in an unnecessarily rough manner” or “an unimpeded view” like other definitions. 

Is this like a parody account where you purposely don’t get any of the humour in anyone’s posts?

Is that the joke? 

On 2021-09-05 at 8:15 PM, Captain Blue said:

Also now that the good guys won I can point out that the refs were awful (to both teams, really) and TSN continues to do a terrible job of covering CFL games. That they avoided discussing a bunch of the huge calls (or no calls) shows how dumb they think their viewers are.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but TSN looked to be having trouble with their score bug at the bottom of the TV screen. Downs and distance was dramatically wrong on at least two occasions.

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but TSN looked to be having trouble with their score bug at the bottom of the TV screen. Downs and distance was dramatically wrong on at least two occasions.

Yea I saw that as well. I was thinking what game are they watching? Lol

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fajardo's tantrums last weekend were absolutely a product of Maas being his OC....

I highly doubt that,  it was more frustration and that was a product of Adam Bighill and the d-line kicking his ass over and over again.  Even on the balls that he did get out of his hands he was getting hit real hard.  

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I highly doubt that,  it was more frustration and that was a product of Adam Bighill and the d-line kicking his ass over and over again.  Even on the balls that he did get out of his hands he was getting hit real hard.  

yup....but Mass isn't a calming influence w=either and if they start to sputter again we will see him lose his **** too.....it's inevitable.

All we need to do on Saturday is crank up the heat right outta the gate, bring it from a few different spots initially to totally confuse their game plan for it and smack him a few times and it will be game over, especially with the crowd noise factor and not being able to audible, and with that weak and relatively unfamiliar with each other O-line it's going to be a sack and hit fest all game...and they will have no answer

I think if we pounce early and fast...this will be a runaway win and doubt the Faj finishes the game...everyone out West, and in media keep trumpeting this "Fajardo had an off game" or "he played worst game of his career" etc...etc....no...It was more of Fajardo isn't elite and can't carry a team to a win with a good defense in his face....period

Guess we will see Saturday, but I expect nothing less than a convincing win...2 score minimum and if they don't score a TD on us in 1st quarter...I can see another 4 quarters of no TD's

20 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Man, I miss seeing Maas throwing headsets. When can we see it again?  

definitely I miss that. wont see it I guess.

also, I enjoyed dickensen's pouting and tantrums, and he is not doing it at all this season.

although most people dont want to see that  behavior from an adult. horrible example. specially someone in a public, leadership job.

fajardo is heading towards tim tebow canadian version.  faj emoting was hilarious.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

definitely I miss that. wont see it I guess.

also, I enjoyed dickensen's pouting and tantrums, and he is not doing it at all this season.

although most people dont want to see that  behavior from an adult. horrible example. specially someone in a public, leadership job.

fajardo is heading towards tim tebow canadian version.  faj emoting was hilarious.

We might get a chance to see maas throw his head set and have a tantrum if our defense repeats the performance from the LDC in the BJB. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Idk Fajardo previous to this year didnt seem like the tantrum type. But it was his worst game as a pro and he is fiery. At best I think it would be enhanced by maas, and maas sure isnt the guy whose gonna calm a QB down. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

2020 WWE Report Card: Paul Heyman - Fight Game Media

Hey Cody... On Saturday, the Bomber Defense is going to take you to SACK CITY!

4.5 is the BB record for sacks in a game by a single player. Jackson jeffcoat has been the strip sack king this year. But Willy loves to ball out in the BJB. Prolly a pretty good bet to be made there.

Kyrie and rocq both listed as limited.  I believe thats the first time in a while theyve participated at all. Feel like thats good news. 

Nelson has come down with a nasty cast of the thorax. 

Pretty sure BA is just in need of a break from kicking soo much @$$ this season. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/09/07/recap-winnipeg-35-saskatchewan-10/

That was a dominant effort by the Bombers.   I expect the same on Saturday!   #forthew

On 2021-09-05 at 11:02 PM, Geebrr said:

Twitter is saying something about a Bomber fan that had her underwear ripped off and assaulted in a bathroom at Mosaic? 

WTF?!

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-news/man-allegedly-threatened-woman-in-mosaic-stadium-bathroom-took-her-underwear

Absolutely disgusting.  

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/09/07/recap-winnipeg-35-saskatchewan-10/

That was a dominant effort by the Bombers.   I expect the same on Saturday!   #forthew

Aaaaaand I couldn't even enjoy the video after hearing Rod Black's opening "Prairie Dogs" quip. Damn you, Black!

Also LOL'ed that Gainey took a PI in the end zone in that game too.