GDT - LDC Edition - The Champs vs The Riders - 5pm- @ IGF West

JCon

...and what did we have, like 4 holding calls on our o-line??? And the Riders had 0 called against their o-line?!?! Leagues best o-line getting flagged left and right, and a bunch of third string scrubs trying to block the best duo-DE's in the league doesnt take a penalty..............Bullshit. Eat a fat **** refs.

Also, can someone please tell me how the roughing the kicker call got reversed when the refs gave Dickenson back his flag and told him it wasnt challengeable?!?!? As much of a garbage call as it was, I'd love to hear the explanation on that one. Would also love to hear what they saw on O'Shea's challenge to decide it WAS NOT roughing the passer on Collaros. Hit to the head CHECK, grabbed face mask CHECK, pulled down CHECK. What a ****ing joke.

That was an absolute clown show ref job. Embarrassing.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

...and what did we have, like 4 holding calls on our o-line??? And the Riders had 0 called against their o-line?!?! Leagues best o-line getting flagged left and right, and a bunch of third string scrubs trying to block the best duo-DE's in the league doesnt take a penalty..............Bullshit. Eat a fat **** refs.

Also, can someone please tell me how the roughing the kicker call got reversed when the refs gave Dickenson back his flag and told him it wasnt challengeable?!?!? As much of a garbage call as it was, I'd love to hear the explanation on that one. Would also love to hear what they saw on O'Shea's challenge to decide it WAS NOT roughing the passer on Collaros. Hit to the head CHECK, grabbed face mask CHECK, pulled down CHECK. What a ****ing joke.

That was an absolute clown show ref job. Embarrassing.

I still don't understand that roughing the passer call. I've seen so many many instances where they call a penalty when all the player does is touch the QB's helmet. But, I guess they decided to change the penalty guidelines yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I still don't understand that roughing the passer call. I've seen so many many instances where they call a penalty when all the player does is touch the QB's helmet. But, I guess they decided to change the penalty guidelines yesterday. 

I maintain that the only reason they didn't call the obvious penalty which has been called a million times before was because they didn't want the ref to have to make that call in that stadium.

Pure Bush league.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I maintain that the only reason they didn't call the obvious penalty which has been called a million times before was because they didn't want the ref to have to make that call in that stadium.

Pure Bush league.

I think it was because the ball had already been released and his throwing motion was done before the hand came across. I didn't think it was a penalty at all.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Pure Bush league.

I think it was because the ball had already been released and his throwing motion was done before the hand came across. I didn't think it was a penalty at all.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

But that's exactly why it was a penalty.

1- Late

2- Head contact

3- Facemask grab and twist, actually pulls the QB to the ground by the facemask.

That one is called 99 times out of 100.

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lapo was a receiver at a Division 3 college. The big difference between him and say O'Shea is players respect Mike because he played at a high level. As a result there is more buy-in from the players.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think players respect LaPo but again not being a qb sometimes makes it hard as the offense is geared more towrads receivers making reads than being qb friendly. 

High Campbell was a wide receiver and then a division 3 head coach before jumping right into head coaching and managing Tom Wilkinson and Warren Moon. Cal Murphy was a defensive halfback briefly with BC before becoming the offensive coordinator of Edmonton during their quintiple Grey Cup run. Bill Belichick barely played out of high school and was center and tight end with a private liberal arts college before becoming a defensive coordinator in the NFL. I think the “need to coach at a high level to gain respect” or “should be a QB to understand how to run an offence” takes are a bit overblown. 

The prolific sask offence and dominating team hasn't scored a TD against us since 3rd quarter of the 2019 banjo bowl..and that was the only one of game..so 1 TD in last 12 quarters..and looking back one more game they got 2 in LDC...so 3 tds against in last 16 quarters...I guess we see what Fajardo does against a good defence...yup ..MOP for sure

I don't want to jump the gun but man,if we gave Saskatchewan that many problems yesterday infront of their fans,on the road then we should sink them to a new low come Saturday. I've got a feeling Roosevelt will be in the lineup as well to just rub salt in their wounds.

Edited by Nolby

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

The prolific sask offence and dominating team hasn't scored a TD against us since 3rd quarter of the 2019 banjo bowl..and that was the only one of game..so 1 TD in last 12 quarters..and looking back one more game they got 2 in LDC...so 3 tds against in last 16 quarters...I guess we see what Fajardo does against a good defence...yup ..MOP for sure

Our defence has only allowed an average of 13 points per game going back to the playoffs in 2019 (8 games). That’s pretty incredible. 

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our defence has only allowed an average of 13 points per game going back to the playoffs in 2019 (8 games). That’s pretty incredible. 

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

His hands have been abysmal in his few games this year. Under 50% completion % to him. Other then that its just deeking him self out of a touchdown on the one play today and the brutal fumble. Either he isnt healthy or he healthy and he has significant rust from the year off and missing a bunch of camp. Which is reasonable. I hope he gets it turned around soon. 

Jackson jeffcoat 5 games, 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles. And more pressures / hits onmber of throws  the qb than you can shake a stick at. I wouldnt be surprised to see him break the record for forced fumbles in a year this year. Right now hes the front runner for MODP. And 2nd in the chase for MODP is BA. 

Don't be fooled by the number of throws to catches. Some weren't the greatest. I'm not writing off Adams one bit. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't be fooled by the number of throws to catches. Some weren't the greatest. I'm not writing off Adams one bit. 

Its not just numbers and collaros hasnt been throwing poorly. Adams has dropped more balls then any bomber wr in half the games. Hes gotta get it going. It could just be game rust. But hes gotta get back to atleast good form soon. 

19 hours ago, JCon said:

We need to follow this up with another dominating win next week. Winning in the LDC in Regina is incredibly difficult but following it up with back-to-back wins will be an even bigger challenge. They've got nothing to lose. 

This.  A sweep of the riders in the LDC/BJB is a huge step towards winning the west division. Its that and the home/away series. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/09/07/upon-review-wpg-23-ssk-8/

ONE MORE GEM FROM WILLIE… who was asked if it was weird to see another Cody Fajardo pass hit the crossbar – like the last play of the 2019 West Final.

Straight-faced, Jefferson replied:

“It doesn’t surprise me. It didn’t surprise me. I kind of figured… he’s a very accurate quarterback and I’m pretty sure he tried to hit the goalpost.”

😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well that settles it

He’s actually fairly spot on if you read the technical requirements. Here is the definition straight from the CFL rule book. I’ve bolded it for your convenience:

Article 5 — Roughing The Passer

Because the act of passing puts the passer in a particularly vulnerable position to injury, special rules against roughing the passer apply. Once the ball is released, defensive players must avoid all unnecessary contact with the passer. A player shall be penalized for any act of Unnecessary Roughness to the passer, including but not limited to:

1. Contacting the passer in an unnecessary manner, including stuffing him to the ground, violently throwing him to the ground, and landing on him with most of the defender's weight,
  2. Any blow above the passer's shoulder,
  3. All rushing defenders must attempt to avoid forcibly hitting a passer in the pocket, at or below the knees, either if their path to the passer was unrestricted, or if they are coming off a blocker,
  4. Attacking the passer who, after releasing the ball, is either standing still or fading backwards and is obviously out of the play and remains out of the play,
  5. When the quarterback slides feet first, all unnecessary contact must be avoided. The slide must be done in a timely manner to allow the defence to avoid such contact.
  6. Contacting the passer if either the initial source of contact, or primary source of contact, is the defender's helmet.

So nothing about intent, just black and white “blow to the head”. Nothing defining what a “blow” means, no qualifier, so it does not require “in an unnecessarily rough manner” or “an unimpeded view” like other definitions.