GDT - LDC Edition - The Champs vs The Riders - 5pm- @ IGF West

JCon

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We can now see the difference between last year's offense under LaPo & having Zach Colaros as our qb instead of Nichols. We push the ball downfield in our passing game. I don't see a lot of 5 yard passes when we need 9 yards kinda thing. To me, it's like watching a different offense under Buck. 

I'm loving how our O is closing out games.  Not seeing many of those fourth quarter 2-and-outs that plagued us during the Lapo years.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

They still have a lot of short stuff in but honestly collaros isn't really good at it, but he is real good pushing the ball further down field. Need to play around that more if you ask me. 

At least now we can mix it up & we aren't so predictable on offense with Buck Pierce. And we challenge the secondary of every team we play with the exception of the Argos but we never play well in TO for some reason. I just want to thank Ottawa again for picking LaPo as their Head Coach. 

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I'm loving how our O is closing out games.  Not seeing many of those fourth quarter 2-and-outs that plagued us during the Lapo years.

Pierce was a former qb & he calls plays like one. I don't think LaPo was. Just like Jacques Chapdeleine who was a slot & never played qb. He struggled as an OC as well. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pierce was a former qb & he calls plays like one. I don't think LaPo was. Just like Jacques Chapdeleine who was a slot & never played qb. He struggled as an OC as well. 

Lapo was a receiver at a Division 3 college. The big difference between him and say O'Shea is players respect Mike because he played at a high level. As a result there is more buy-in from the players.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The way collaros is finding windows downfield is impressive. He is putting some balls into tight slots and giving receivers chances. Need a few more big plays out ofnthe receivers though. Few too many drops from everyone.

wonder how quickly they'll roll out Roosevelt ... will be interesting to see if NR breaks the bomber veteran receiver free agent curse.

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lapo was a receiver at a Division 3 college. The big difference between him and say O'Shea is players respect Mike because he played at a high level. As a result there is more buy-in from the players.

I think players respect LaPo but again not being a qb sometimes makes it hard as the offense is geared more towrads receivers making reads than being qb friendly. 

21 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I listened to the last bit of the Bomber game on CJOB. Bob loved the post hit. Emphatically stating "How's that for a little DAY-JA-VUUU" with a good chuckle after.

This was me... 

https://media0.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471sowau2q3grcf5xgizs1ldfigklx99umqz9e2kck&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

This was a huge win,we currently own the tie breaker now with Sask and we have em again in our barn next week,Cody will be drinking Tylenol after that beating and were in first place. I checked as well and didn't realise that Saskatchewan hasn't even played a road game yet,this could make it tough for them and may drop them down even more from their cloud 9.

15 minutes ago, Nolby said:

This was a huge win,we currently own the tie breaker now with Sask and we have em again in our barn next week,Cody will be drinking Tylenol after that beating and were in first place. I checked as well and didn't realise that Saskatchewan hasn't even played a road game yet,this could make it tough for them and may drop them down even more from their cloud 9.

Life is about to get very hard for the Riders.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Adams looked okay to me. 

His hands have been abysmal in his few games this year. Under 50% completion % to him. Other then that its just deeking him self out of a touchdown on the one play today and the brutal fumble. Either he isnt healthy or he healthy and he has significant rust from the year off and missing a bunch of camp. Which is reasonable. I hope he gets it turned around soon. 

Jackson jeffcoat 5 games, 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles. And more pressures / hits on the qb than you can shake a stick at. I wouldnt be surprised to see him break the record for forced fumbles in a year this year. Right now hes the front runner for MODP. And 2nd in the chase for MODP is BA. 

Edited by wbbfan