GDT - LDC Edition - The Champs vs The Riders - 5pm- @ IGF West

JCon

I'm just happy I don't have to hate-watch both of tomorrow's games. :)

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

So I gotta confess that in the pick 'ems for this week I took the green team. I drank the TSN cool aid.  Needless to say I'll be picking the blue team next week!

Don't you dare take the Bombers next week. You must take the Riders, rebel scum. ;)

I saw a couple of guys talking about the return game. We need a new guy back there, it's just not working. I don't mind the kicking game, he left a 56 yarder short, and then gassed a makeable one. Made everything after that, and I think that's the growing pains we're going to have with him.

Our kick cover team also had a lousy game, but our guy Miller is just a beast out there. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm just happy I don't have to hate-watch both of tomorrow's games. :)

Don't you dare take the Bombers next week. You must take the Riders, rebel scum. ;)

I've been doing pretty good at the pick 'ems, don't mind getting this one wrong!

Bob irving on the post game show said, you see the mettle of a championship team when things dont go their way and they dont seem to care and just keep rolling. He mentioned the 8 play drive that kept getting pushed back by penalties. It sure is true and weve seen it with this team a couple times. You never see bombers brandon banksing

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bob irving on the post game show said, you see the mettle of a championship team when things dont go their way and they dont seem to care and just keep rolling. He mentioned the 8 play drive that kept getting pushed back by penalties. It sure is true and weve seen it with this team a couple times. You never see bombers brandon banksing

Contenders V Pretenders 

“We have the loudest fans, the best fans in the league. The atmosphere is going to be amazing and their offence isn’t going to be able to hear. The stadium’s going to be shaking and it’s going to be hard for them. All we have to do as a defence is come out and play our game, be assignment-sound and play tough, Winnipeg football.”

-WJ5

Tsn continuing to say.."Fajardo seems off today"...failing to clue in that Fajardo was finally facing a tough defense and the results were as expected.

All they have is the short little pass and his scramble runs...needed because it was shown that it's needed cause that online is putrid.

That's why he was always a back up...and still is really..if he needs to push it down field he can't...either off target...picked off...a poor 50/50 opportunity or a completion where the reciever needs to climb the ladder to catch...

Prolific offence...yup...prolific in it's ineptitude...

Riders hitting the goal post in a gifted red aided mean nothing garbage time drive was just classic.  Fajardo sucks when he has to be a pocket guy. Not sure why other teams don't copy the Bombers when playing him. 

O left points on the board but plated well enough 

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Tsn continuing to say.."Fajardo seems off today"...failing to clue in that Fajardo was finally facing a tough defense and the results were as expected.

All they have is the short little pass and his scramble runs...needed because it was shown that it's needed cause that online is putrid.

That's why he was always a back up...and still is really..if he needs to push it down field he can't...either off target...picked off...a poor 50/50 opportunity or a completion where the reciever needs to climb the ladder to catch...

Prolific offence...yup...prolific in it's ineptitude...

Jim Barker talked about that. Fajardo can't push the ball dowfield. They absolutely punished him today. 

Read all 26 pages of this thread just for the response to Fajardo hitting the post. There needs to be a suitable gif for this. If I knew how to make gifs, I'd totally put both post hits together for one.

Unfortunately now they can blame the loss on hitting the post again.

Edited by WildPath

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We can now see the difference between last year's offense under LaPo & having Zach Colaros as our qb instead of Nichols. We push the ball downfield in our passing game. I don't see a lot of 5 yard passes when we need 9 yards kinda thing. To me, it's like watching a different offense under Buck. 

They still have a lot of short stuff in but honestly collaros isn't really good at it, but he is real good pushing the ball further down field. Need to play around that more if you ask me.