LDC - Non-Champ Games

JCon

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I think ottawa makes a trade for Masoli,if Evans can keep him benched then I think hey may be prime for a trade. Nichols is either still nursing an injury or is just toast.

I think Masoli is a FA after this year so I wouldn't give up much. What is the market? Ottawa isn't winning **** this year and they need better NIs.

20 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think Masoli is a FA after this year so I wouldn't give up much. What is the market? Ottawa isn't winning **** this year and they need better NIs.

I imagine it'd be some thing like a body or a neg lister a 2nd to 4th rounder and a conditional first if he re signs with ott. 

I think ham would need a piece this year to justify the trade. Hence the nl or body. 

I wonder what ott would give for gray. 

That is reasonable but I just don't see an opening for Masoli anywhere next year that would displace someone who Ottawa could sign. 

If you are trying to save the season it is already lost. 

Montreal already gave a division rival too many high picks. 

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That is reasonable but I just don't see an opening for Masoli anywhere next year that would displace someone who Ottawa could sign. 

If you are trying to save the season it is already lost. 

Montreal already gave a division rival too many high picks. 

Ott is 1 game back of 3rd in the league. Idk how that fan base does in a 2nd year with trash offense.  

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I imagine it'd be some thing like a body or a neg lister a 2nd to 4th rounder and a conditional first if he re signs with ott. 

I think ham would need a piece this year to justify the trade. Hence the nl or body. 

I wonder what ott would give for Gray. 

That would be a Gray area....

On 2021-09-03 at 7:34 PM, Dr Zaius said:

Dunigan saying to put a fork in Nichols, he's done. Pretty surprised to hear him be so direct

People have been far to nice about Nichols for the last 3 years.... the guy was done back then but since he's a warrior and a nice guy people found it hard to say the guy is completely shot and has nothing else to offer.   It's been painfully obvious that the guy was done in 2019.

46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

People have been far to nice about Nichols for the last 3 years.... the guy was done back then but since he's a warrior and a nice guy people found it hard to say the guy is completely shot and has nothing else to offer.   It's been painfully obvious that the guy was done in 2019.

He was maybe the best QB in the league in 2019 before he got hurt. If he's done, it's only since that pancake he took from Lemon. 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He was maybe the best QB in the league in 2019 before he got hurt. If he's done, it's only since that pancake he took from Lemon. 

Not a chance. Field position and our running game yielded our points. Our passing game with Nichols was bad. 3 games above 210 passing yards. 6 games below 210. 3 games with a 5 yard per completion average and 21 plus completions. 2 pretty good games against a bad ott team. His accuracy was poor constantly throwing at feet and behind his target leaving guys vulnerable and unable to turn up field. His down field passing was none existent. Mega ton of pass catching offensive talent and he couldn't find lucky to save his life. 

His performance post 2017 was the product of tremendous field position from defense turn overs and teams the best run game in the league the best ol and the easiest lowest risk offensive game plan. 

Edited by wbbfan

First-year wide receiver Mike O'Shea Junior found the end zone on long scoring plays twice in the second half to pace the Sun.

O'Shea, the son of former CFL player and current Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Mike O'Shea Sr., hauled in a 92-yard strike from Dominic Britton on the second play of the third quarter, then shredded the Huskers for an 80-year punt return late in the contest.

Slightly off topic since non-CFL game but thought I would post.  I may have to head down to the Apple Bowl here in Kelowna to catch a game or two this year, if they are ever allowed to play here.  My neighbour is the head coach, who also happened to play for O'Shea Sr. when he was with the Argos.

The Okanagan Sun opened a new BCFC season with a convincing 39-8 win in Chilliwack - BCFC - Castanet.net

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

This is just wildly patently false.... 

No it isnt. When you struggle to pass for 200 yards in the cfl and lead the league in 2 and outs, and the lowest yards per completion, the passing game sucks. If we didnt have the running game we did, the passing game could never have carried our offense the way our running game did. The wrs were blamed last year, and now 2 of the top 3 in the league are former 19 bomber wrs. 

The nichols plop pass game was bad and thats a fact. 

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Slightly off topic since non-CFL game but thought I would post.  I may have to head down to the Apple Bowl here in Kelowna to catch a game or two this year, if they are ever allowed to play here.  My neighbour is the head coach, who also happened to play for O'Shea Sr. when he was with the Argos.

The Okanagan Sun opened a new BCFC season with a convincing 39-8 win in Chilliwack - BCFC - Castanet.net

Did they replace jamie boreham as HC? Did brad yamoaka ever land another job after kamloops do you know? I love being back home but I miss being involved with the BCFC. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No it isnt. When you struggle to pass for 200 yards in the cfl and lead the league in 2 and outs, and the lowest yards per completion, the passing game sucks. If we didnt have the running game we did, the passing game could never have carried our offense the way our running game did. The wrs were blamed last year, and now 2 of the top 3 in the league are former 19 bomber wrs. 

The nichols plop pass game was bad and thats a fact. 

Did they replace jamie boreham as HC? Did brad yamoaka ever land another job after kamloops do you know? I love being back home but I miss being involved with the BCFC. 

Boreham is still the coach as far as I know.

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

@ KBF - who's your neighbour? 

Jamie Boreham