LDC Week Practice Notes

Noeller

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't get having 9 Dlinemen and really wish we'd try a returner other than Nelson but is what it is.

Usually its LBers, this year its DL. Id for sure sit antigha for an extra DB though, and bench nelson to try another returner. 

Rolling 4 deep at DT might be a scheme for fajardo. We used some exotic fronts last week. And we frequently use a 30 front and 3 de 4 man front. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Got a feeling Thomas will be used sparingly or could be the healthy scratch?

Almost no chance hes a healthy scratch, thats grays job. We arent gonna leave gray or eli on the PR to be snatched up.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Attack Cody F-word all day. Relentlessly blitz every play. Or, not. But that would be fun to watch for a while. 

Thats what he wants imo. His biggest threats are timing routes and running. Id rather do the opposite. Play contain, and show then drop. The best way to take away his timing routes is to have a layer of defenders under the seams. Make him go off his hot route, read the defense and sit in a longer pocket knowing our front will get pressure on a longer drop. 

The only blitz I would throw at him is a cb blitz from the blind side. Or a delay blitz with BA. A violent hitter he wont see coming and who he cant just out run. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Thomas will be used every bit as much as he always has. Gray will be the scratch again. 

We actually rotated him out last week a lot with guathier and briggs on the field at the same time. Walker and sayles up the middle. 

That's all Fajardo can do..hit the quick hitters and underneath seams..anything further down the field is 50/50 balls at best and 90 percent of time high and the receiver needs to make a tough catch...he has to sit in pocket and look for his reads he's horrible...I think we will scheme to take his short stuff away..like before...and will work great..Powell as well puts zero fear in me...that 2 yr layouff did not help him in anyway..

Just now, Booch said:

That's all Fajardo can do..hit the quick hitters and underneath seams..anything further down the field is 50/50 balls at best and 90 percent of time high and the receiver needs to make a tough catch...he has to sit in pocket and look for his reads he's horrible...I think we will scheme to take his short stuff away..like before...and will work great..Powell as well puts zero fear in me...that 2 yr layouff did not help him in anyway..

I dont get why more teams arent game planning better for him. It really boggles my mind. My biggest worry is that we dont play him smart, but we did in the play offs so should be a good chance. 

Powell needs a lot of touches to be his best and he isnt getting it, hes never been a threat to bust a big run and now hes not even a guy who picks up 5 each time. He only looked decent against hamilton other wise hes looked pretty awful. I dont see ssk doing what toronto did with motion to open up their run game against us. 

Rose is a guy who can actually play the nose.  You can sort of read into the game plan from the roster.  Personally I love having as many DL as possible.  DBs can run all day but trying to rely on even 5-6 DL to stay fresh for 4 quarters is tough.

I guess they really love Antigha on special teams, but wouldn’t mind another import DB on the roster.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Rose is a guy who can actually play the nose.  You can sort of read into the game plan from the roster.  Personally I love having as many DL as possible.  DBs can run all day but trying to rely on even 5-6 DL to stay fresh for 4 quarters is tough.

I guess they really love Antigha on special teams, but wouldn’t mind another import DB on the roster.

Im thinking theyre cooking something with Antigha. Kinda like the Alexander’s move to the Safety late 2019 which was one of key in the D transformation. I dont think it happened just out of the blue.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

True especially if the dl have to chase a mobile qb. Rose and Sayles are both deceptively fast guys for dts. 

I hate not having an extra db. 1 injury away from danger and either a Hallett covers as the dime or ba shifts over. 

Tobi has been getting more and more reps at end which I don't really get vs at wil. They must love him. Mos frequently falls in love with some fringe player though usually they start and are more of an issue. So if Mos guy this year is a versatile back up end that's not bad. 

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Nelson returning kicks is depressing. May as well just walk the Offence out as soon as the ball is kicked. The play is over.

Somehow Nelson is 4th in kickoffs and punt returns. He does have one more game played then a few players. Sort of surprised with this. But I agree. I’d love to see someone else take a few kicks until Grant is healthy. 

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Somehow Nelson is 4th in kickoffs and punt returns. He does have one more game played then a few players. Sort of surprised with this. But I agree. I’d love to see someone else take a few kicks until Grant is healthy. 

More games and more reps. We never opt to take the ball after the opponent team kicks a fg.